Dry Hair??

Options
2»

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I use WEN on my hair, its a cream shampoo/conditioner in one..bit expensive but works wonders!

You can just use V05 or suave, the cheap ones, and they suds up and clean. It's called CO washing.

Also Monoi oil is amazing for hair.

Yep! It sure is, because it's coconut oil!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I couldn't not wash my hair everyday. I feel disgusting if its not washed, and dry shampoos just add to the feeling. Thin hair = greasier hair :( gonna try scalp only wash tho although my hairs not that long
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Don't shampoo every day. Unless you use a million crazy products every day because you're a professional model or something you don't need it & you're stripping your hair.

I condition my hair every day when I shower & shampoo maybe 3xs a week, like every 3rd day.

I also found that Head & Shoulders shampoo or a generic version is more gentle in that aspect.
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is amazing, you put it on your hair and leave it on for about an hour. Wash it out and your hair will be amazing and soft! My hair was super dry and brittle so I decided to try it out...I used it 2 days ago and my hair is still silky and not dry at all!

I am a hairdresser and this is by far the best conditioning treatment I have ever used!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    outside in. eat more omega 3s and other good fat, as well as staying hydrated .

you can also try using humectants like honey and castor then using a moisture sealant like jojoba oil
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    definitely coconut oil. i can't stand not washing my hair after a workout, and coconut oil keeps my hair moisturized for a few days.
  • jezolyn
    Options
    Hi hun! I'm a hairstylist and this is a common problem this time of year. Everyone says not to shampoo, but I know my hair is GROSS if I don't shampoo every day. The shampoo and conditioner I use Is Bed Head Urban Antidote #1 (its the one in the green bottle) If that still isn't enough moisture, try using a conditioning hair mask. Biolage has a really good line for dry hair-hydrating. (purple). Don't be afraid to use an additional leave-in moisturizer. Healthy Sexy has a good one, also It's A 10. If you have any other questions, my pro facebook page is facebook.com/jmariinbeauty Feel free to message me!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I couldn't not wash my hair everyday. I feel disgusting if its not washed, and dry shampoos just add to the feeling. Thin hair = greasier hair :( gonna try scalp only wash tho although my hairs not that long

Thin hair does NOT equal oily hair. No particular type can, because oil has nothing to do with hair and everything to do with sebaceous production of the glands in the scalp. However, there is some support that excessive washing can cause an increase in production due to stripping the protective skin oils of the scalp.

Bottom line though, once you give it a try for a bit, the vast majority of people find things settle down fairly quickly.

Extra tip, baby powder or corn starch or its substitutes work well as dry shampoo if your hair is light. But if it isn't, in a pinch, cocoa powder works on darker hair, even my red hair. And you will smell delicious. :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Are you using spray dry shampoo, foam, or powder kind?

Also 100% agree diet makes a HUGE difference.
    Google Bargellos vitamin regime and check it out.
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have fine hair, easily dry at ends and greasy at scalp - love love love love love the loreal extraordinary oil. use before and after wash/dry/style. Finallllllly sorted hair out.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Paul Mitchell Moisture is really good. However, like others have said, you should not wash your hair so frequently as it robs it of its natural oils. I sweat my butt off at the gym 5-7 days/week and only shampoo 2-3 times per week. I too have dry hair.