Can someone please look at my food diary and help me!

Options

Replies

• btoblake
    btoblake Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's usually called Greek yogurt. It's pretty trendy in NY, people are eating it for breakfast or lunch and snacks. I really liked chobani and missed it when I went dairy free. (chobani.com)

I went back through your food diary, and I think I figured out why people are worried about your sugars and sodium seeming high, despite the foods being reasonable. You just aren't getting a lot of veggies, so the proportions are a little off. In theory, a good diet starts with a plate half full of veggies. If you want an easy adjustment, the cute little bite sized veggies can make a nice snack (I like baby carrots) and putting salad greens alongside of one of your usual meals would probably be easy.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Does anyone know how much sugar should i be consuming a day?

I am not an expert by any means, but I have read that you don't need to worry about sugar unless you have a diet restriction like diabetes. I'm not sure why everyone thinks sugar is the culprit unless it is causing you to go over your calorie goal.

Since you have so little to lose, just focus on hitting your calorie goals and don't NET below your BMR. Exercise, eat right, have patience. It'll come off.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Does anyone know how much sugar should i be consuming a day?

I am not an expert by any means, but I have read that you don't need to worry about sugar unless you have a diet restriction like diabetes. I'm not sure why everyone thinks sugar is the culprit unless it is causing you to go over your calorie goal.

Since you have so little to lose, just focus on hitting your calorie goals and don't NET below your BMR. Exercise, eat right, have patience. It'll come off.

There is a group on here based solely on the theory of sugar
    they reccomend no more than 20 grams of sugar daily

Huh. Well, whatever works for you I guess. You can see from my open diary that I eat all the sugar I want and have never had any issues with losing weight. I am on track for another half pound this week.

If you are trying to go super low on sugar, you should probably talk to a doctor first. Really, you should talk to a doctor first if you are trying ANY huge dietary restriction like that.
  • adriennepaolini
    Options
    Alright hon when they are referring to processed sugars they are talking about processed starch/carb foods. Spaghetti Noodles breads things like that. Being under your count by too far can cause a plateau as well staying close is you best bet. If the weight isn't "coming off" maybe try with measurements instead for tracking weight. The old saying of muscle weighs more than fat is true BUT sometimes our body needs to build up muscle to burn extra calories before you can lose weight. (and honestly hon sometimes the prebaby body never comes back). Be healthy and don't go to extremes
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just a thought... as you are already pretty small, try focusing on your body composition instead. Don't focus so much on the number on the scale, instead look at how your body looks and focus on toning and building muscle. just some thoughts on how to think about it differently. Maybe then the weight will move and you will have a nice tight body to go with it. :-)
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you just recently started working out in the past 3 weeks also? Or were you working out before?
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you just recently started working out in the past 3 weeks also? Or were you working out before?

Nope just in the past 3 weeks!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Try varying your workouts to keep your body guessing. Personally, I saw my clothes fitting better a couple weeks after cutting out anything processed. I make a lot of stuff from scratch that has the same calories as the pre-made items, but I see better results now without that junk clogging my system. Plus it's cheaper!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I think you would benefit from adding at least one fruit or one vegetable to each meal. (I'm working on this, too.)
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Nope just in the past 3 weeks!

I'm guessing that with the water your muscles are retaining due to the new workout plus the amount of sodium you eat, you are probably retaining quite a bit of water. Try replacing some of the processed foods with whole, fresh vegetables and see if that helps. Also, 8 glass of water (64) ounces is a starting point. You should probably be drinking twice that at this point.
  • Sunniva88
    Options
    Have you found out what your BMR is? If you eat below that most days hitting a plateu will be pretty likely. Maybe that is what has happened? If so there are a number of things you can do: http://www.drlisawatson.com/weight-loss-plateau :)
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Have you found out what your BMR is? If you eat below that most days hitting a plateu will be pretty likely. Maybe that is what has happened? If so there are a number of things you can do: http://www.drlisawatson.com/weight-loss-plateau :)

Hey its 22.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary because I don't really believe that what you eat plays any significant role in weight loss. How much you eat and what you do play the majority of the role in weight loss. If you're being honest with your food intake the weight will come off although with only a little to lose it will probably be slow.

I don't agree at all, it is 80% eating and only 20% exercise when it comes to losing weight. Especially when you only have a few pounds to lose (if any), what you eat is super important. Watch the sugar and sodium like everyone else suggested.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Hey its 22.

LOL - nope that is your BMI - your BMR is about your calorie amount.

Read this it's very good at explaining stuff.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Also it's only been 3 weeks - you don't need to lose weight so it will be much harder, and I hate to be the one to say it but since you have had a baby your hips 'may' have changed and you may never fit back into those size 8 jeans - sorry.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You are already at a healthy weight, so loss will be slow. I notice your goal seems to be set at 1200. I think that's probably too low for you. I'd recommend working out your TDEE, and subtracting 20% from that for your daily goal. (See the In Place of a Road Map thread here for info.) Since you're already light, you should aim for about 1/2 pound a week of loss. I know that seems glacially slow, but anything faster isn't healthy for someone your size, and you just risk losing muscle.

Reset your calorie goal higher, eat healthy, continue to exercise, and above all, be patient. It could take a few months to lose those last few pounds. Good luck!

^^ this
  • fevermaps
    Options

Hey its 22.

LOL - nope that is your BMI - your BMR is about your calorie amount.

Read this it's very good at explaining stuff.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Also it's only been 3 weeks - you don't need to lose weight so it will be much harder, and I hate to be the one to say it but since you have had a baby your hips 'may' have changed and you may never fit back into those size 8 jeans - sorry.

Ha oops sorry read it wrong.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    BMR is 1376