What time in the day do you stop eating?

Options
I was just curious what time in the day you stop eating. I tend not to eat after 8pm in the evening, not sure why but I always think anything that I eat after that will just sit idle in my stomach and could slow down weight loss.

Replies

• nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep. I find it difficult to chew then...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Usually around 10-11 pm.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bedtime snack, brush my teeth and tongue, and fall asleep maybe an hour, hour and a half later.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    No set time. When I am done eating for the day is when I am no longer hungry
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat until all my calories are gone. I try to save some for night time since I get really hungry then. So usually around 10pm.
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    nothing after 7 pm for me....except for water. Most days I make sure I am complete done with food before 6.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Before I go to sleep. I don't want to risk choking.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was just curious what time in the day you stop eating. I tend not to eat after 8pm in the evening, not sure why but I always think anything that I eat after that will just sit idle in my stomach and could slow down weight loss.

It's an old wives tale. Your stomach doesn't recognize time of day. The recommendation to stop eating after 8:00 became popular because it's really a way to get people to stop snacking in front of the TV. It has nothing to do with biology.

I stop eating when I'm no longer hungry. Sometimes I'm okay after dinner (7:00). Sometimes I need a little snack before bed.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I try to finish eating for the day at 9pm during the week (I don't generally go to bed until midnight so that gives me 3 hours), later on the weekend.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot after 4pm. I seem to have become a morning eater and I am not even hungry in the evenings.
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    8-9oclock
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep. I find it difficult to chew then...

I'm in this camp lol.... I take food to bed, and then sleep... then eat within 30 minutes of waking up and start all over... If it was possibly to eat while sleeping I might just try it... lolz
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Whenever I don't feel like eating anymore, or after I've hit my limit for the day. Then I just brush my teeth and sip on tea for the rest of the evening.
  • I stop around 9pm-10pm unless I've been out late. :)
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat after 8pm.
  • mirandajwallace
    Options
    My doctor says to stop eating roughly 3 hours before your bed time. That way your body isn't digesting while your sleeping. For me, I typically eat dinner before 6 p.m. and have a light snack around 7:30 if needed (If not hungry then I forgo the snack) and I am in bed by 10:30 or 11 every night.
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It don't think it matters from the diet aspect but you get heartburn and trouble sleeping if you eat to close to bed. That being said I they to have a lighter snack like meal about an hr or so before bed otherwise I wake up really hungry. And since I have trouble sleeping already before changing my diet around I'm less likely to get up and snack.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Before I go to sleep. I don't want to risk choking.

What pbprincess said.
  • lourduraj90
    Options
    I stop eating after my tasty dinner. :-) I mean i don't eat at midnights even if i wake up accidently.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    never ( kidding ) it depends when my day starts. between 5 and 8, sometimes a little later