What time in the day do you stop eating?

Options

Replies

• cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It varies, but, I try not to eat after 7pm.

Marie
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    generally stop when i am in bed. only because i don't want food particles in bed.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    Generally I eat dinner around 7, and stop then. Sometimes if I am still hungry after, I'll eat! Not too late though, as I usually go to bed around 10.
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Around 3 pm...
  • Swedgen
    Swedgen Posts: 29
    Options
    I try to not eat after supper, which I have around 5:30PM. One of my biggest problems was pigging out on junk food or whatever else I felt like in the evenings, so to get out of that habit I don't eat at all after supper, not even healthy stuff.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat right up until I go to bed, which is generally between 1 and 2 am.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    about 8 - 10pm
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Either when I have no calories left for the day or when I fall asleep.... Whichever comes first...
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    um i stop eating 2-3 hours before i go to sleep. N if i do eat some thing its a piece of fruit.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep. I find it difficult to chew then...

This. :)

I eat right up until bedtime. Calorie deficit determines weight lost, not meal timing. Some people find that eating close to bedtime hinders sleep, but I've never had that problem. I usually leave at least 300 calories for after dinner snacking. When my husband is deployed it's more like 600. :blushing:
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I try to have my last meal of the day before 7, although with my work schedule it's not always possible. Because I am diabetic I usually have a small snack before I go to bed but I have to be careful what it is or else I wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn. That's mainly the reason I don't like to eat too late in the evening anyway. I do have the snack just to help keep my blood glucose levels okay through the night.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it.

Especially considering I know it is false that you have to stop eating at a certain time or it turns into fat. I mean, really? How did this come about anyway?
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was just curious what time in the day you stop eating. I tend not to eat after 8pm in the evening, not sure why but I always think anything that I eat after that will just sit idle in my stomach and could slow down weight loss.

It's an old wives tale. Your stomach doesn't recognize time of day. The recommendation to stop eating after 8:00 became popular because it's really a way to get people to stop snacking in front of the TV. It has nothing to do with biology.

I stop eating when I'm no longer hungry. Sometimes I'm okay after dinner (7:00). Sometimes I need a little snack before bed.

Not exactly an Old Wives Tale. But ignored by most without huge issues. Circadian rhythms are real and food is the biggest pusher of our circadian rhythm. In fact food is more important than light!

Shift Work and Hypothyroidism

If circadian rhythms are important for thyroid function, we would expect shift workers to have high rates of hypothyroidism. Shift workers sleep during the day and eat at night, which disrupts circadian rhythms.

It turns out that shift work doubles the risk of autoimmune hypothyroidism:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    meal timing is arbitrary. however, i usually stop eating an hour or so before going to bed. i find it easier to fall asleep that way.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    No set time. I eat my supper around 7-8PM, but since I don't go to bed until around 3AM I more than likely eat something around midnight.
  • Loopykaren
    Options
    I try not to eat after 7pm...try green tea or fruit tea....stops you wanting to eat!
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    By 6... but I don't go to sleep until 11pm.
  • missability
    Options
    8 PM, if I am midway thru my dark choc. and I get side tracked, usually with my 3 yr old grand-daughter, and it gets to be after 8, I wrap it up for the next day.....I know, I know, I'm a little OCD that way :)
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I hit my calorie intake. Sometimes that's 10pm sometimes its 7PM
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat until I brush my teeth and go to bed. Haven't had any problems not losing so far, or any problems sleeping or with indigestion.