My Snarky Motivational List

Options
Motivational List (I carry this around in my purse!)

What I'm most looking forward to...

-Running into my exes and laughing.

-Walking around with my hot husband without getting the “how did SHE manage THAT?” look.

-Looking at my hot husband without thinking, “How the hell did I manage THAT?”

-Family reunions without hearing, “So how's the weight loss coming along?” (accompanied by knowing looks of pity).

-Never, ever, EVER hearing again the million weight loss tips everyone tries to give me.

-Not having to hear my mother ask, “Should you be eating that?”

-Not blushing and feeling like everyone is staring at me in a restaurant if I order dessert. On the same note, not getting the eyebrow raise and the unspoken, “You're seriously gonna eat that?” look from the waiter, either.

-Exercising OUTDOORS without feeling like everyone is staring at me.

-Shutting up my friend who lost 45 pounds on Atkins and needs to tell me for four hours every time she sees me how SHE lost 45 pounds on Atkins.

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I think if my mom asked me "should you be eating that" I'd probably go bonkers on her. That's just me though :bigsmile:

Awesome list!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this isnt snarky! its honest!

you should add - take less time to shave legs, Its totally on mine.
  • clhous03
    Options
    Actually, my mom uses the whole "we" thing, so I typed that wrong, It's actually, "Should we be eating that?" I always think, "I doubt WE should, but I'm gonna." I would never, ever be so smart-mouthed to my mother, though. She's a good lady.
  • clhous03
    Options

Totally adding that. And I feel snarky since most of it is about REVENGE. lol
  • determined136
    Options
    That is a GREAT list!!!

and I know that you can do it and it will feel so good to be able to say those things...even if it is only in your head!!!:bigsmile:
  • SheilaDotson72
    Options
    Great list! I need to work on mine. Last night painting my toenails I thought wouldn't it be nice to not have to suck it in and hold my breath to do this...
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wearing sexy nighties and not feeling like I *HAVE* to suck in the whole time. Keeping abs engaged during nookie is REALLY distracting.
  • hcleving
    hcleving Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great list!!! I want to be able to fit into my tiny jean shorts before country concert season begins :) And your number one is my number one: to see the looks on people's (and by people, I mean my ex) faces!
  • clhous03
    Options
    Let me add, too, that if my husband was a jerk about my weight, I'd probably kick him, divorce him, and not care. As it is, he just doesn't care what I gain or lose except he would really like for me to be healthy, which makes me happy to exercise with him.

I'll never forget this one moment from our 10th anniversary: I asked him why, in God's name, he decided to marry me (he always rolls his eyes when I ask him things like that). First, he said, "Because you did the happy dance the first time I brought home Fruity Pebbles from the grocery and I thought if you were that easy to please, I needed to marry you," which made me laugh. Then he said, "No, in all seriousness, on our first date, I thought, 'Wow, this is the coolest, funniest, and smartest chick I've ever met AND she has great taste in music and mad guitar knowledge, so I just knew you were perfect for me.'" Awwwww.....

Who wouldn't be happy to make a guy like THAT happy? :love: (Not that I'm doing it for him, but it is nice to see him happy when my A1C is lower and I'm able to keep up with his workouts.)
  • hrubyk1804
    Options
    I had a 'skinny friend' who would always order something like soup or salad when we went out to eat and the she'd say to me..."Ooo, I'm so glad I didn't order what YOU did! I'd be so full!"

So once I'm down to my goal weight...I think I'll ask her out for lunch...LOL....
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wearing sexy nighties and not feeling like I *HAVE* to suck in the whole time. Keeping abs engaged during nookie is REALLY distracting.

^^^totally made me giggle, so true!

I admit, I have a few revenge thoughts as well... I rarely see my ex (or as he's referred to in my home "Asshat") but I would love to post a pic on Facebook and tag my daughter so he'd see it... just to show him what he messed up and is now stuck with his piggy wife... (and yeah she's overweight, but that's not why I call her piggy... its her FACE... ).......but I'm not bitter at all....
  • clhous03
    Options

^^^totally made me giggle, so true!

I admit, I have a few revenge thoughts as well... I rarely see my ex (or as he's referred to in my home "Asshat") but I would love to post a pic on Facebook and tag my daughter so he'd see it... just to show him what he messed up and is now stuck with his piggy wife... (and yeah she's overweight, but that's not why I call her piggy... its her FACE... ).......but I'm not bitter at all....

lol! I'm also going to add the sexy nightie to my list, along with "Not running out of breath four seconds into sex." Bwahahaha!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options

LOL!! thats a good one!! :laugh:
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a 'skinny friend' who would always order something like soup or salad when we went out to eat and the she'd say to me..."Ooo, I'm so glad I didn't order what YOU did! I'd be so full!"

So once I'm down to my goal weight...I think I'll ask her out for lunch...LOL....

thats a *****y thing to say, on her part. Passive aggressive, ugh!
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i love your list ... my mom does that to me too ... makes me just want to eat it plus more :) silly issues we have :)
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    "Snarky"! I like that word. I think I'll add it to my profile so that people know what they're getting into. Snarky!
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound awful...

I was always the hotter one in my marriage with my ex. He lost 80 pounds after the divorce, though, so my motivation has been, "Oh HAIL NO! He's not going to look better than me!!!" lol

I would like to proudly report that I'm the hotter one again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

^^ This, I have one friend that does that. The other skinny(ish...totally catching up!! :happy: ) one now understands that I'll eat what I want if we go out for a meal...and now she does the same lol. Burgers all the way!! :love:
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    -Not having to hear my mother ask, “Should you be eating that?”

PREACH, sister. My mom is overweight as well, and I'm sure she "means well" - but that doesn't get it with me. It makes me want to eat 10 times whatever she's talking about. I want to punch her in the face or say mean things - "take your own advice!" Instead, I take out my frustration with her on the gym. She's started losing weight too, but I REFUSE to let her get smaller than me. PERIOD.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

But, she was probably right, huh? I mean, nobody has to eat soup and salad every day for lunch, but it's probably a less filling option that a cheeseburger and fries. (and maybe the soup and salad were why she was 'skinny'...)