Preparation H for Loose Tummy Skin

Options

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I am a single mommy to a beautiful little boy and total I have 120lbs to lose, So far I have lost close to 70lbs and have noticed that even with weight training my arms and belly are starting to get flabby. I have a good bit of loose skin so far and I am scared to see what it is going to look like with the last 60lbs.

If you work on building muscle it will help with how loose the skin will end up. Lose slowly as well to minimize loose skin (the slower you lose the better chance your skin will shrink back).

Keep the skin moisturized, drink you water, exfoliate, and getting enough healthy fats in your diet all help.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Preparation H is hydrocortisone cream, the same stuff you put on itchy rashes.
    It is a topical steroid that temporarily reduces inflammation and swelling of the epidermal skin, not the subcutaneous tissue.
    Sorry, but your extra baby "bonus" is subq not epidermal...
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Check with your health insurance carrier. Most companies, the one I work for included, will cover a pannectomy. Not truly a "tummy tuck" but it will surgically remove the excess skin if you have conditions like rashes, yeast infectionsbroken skin, in that area.
  • tam_a_ram_a
    tam_a_ram_a Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I could care less about a true tummy tuck versus just getting this skin flap to go away. I will check at my next yearly. Thanks everyone :) I have great abs underneath all of this, I swear!!!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Invest in a good pair or two of spanx or support undies. They are generally ugly but they help with smoothing the flap and making clothes look better.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had my weight off for 2 years before I had my tummy tuck. I figured, let nature take care of it, if that was an option. I wore spanx , which do help in your appearance in clothes. Wearing the "belly band" for many weeks after the surgery is very important in contouring and healing. I wish my muscles had been good underneath the skin, but they were cleaved from 3 pregnancies and that doesn't heal by itself. Not only does it all look better, but having that all removed and tightened helped with back aches I was getting prior to the surgery.
  • ksal5
    ksal5 Posts: 3
    Options
    yes, use it every morning, leave it on for 10 min
  • walkerr1968
    Options
    Try using the "slimmer belt". Below is the link on Walmart. That is what I've been using. Granted I've only lost 20 lbs, but my stomach was huge. I actually used two - one on my lower stomach and one on my upper - LOL. It seems to be working for me. My skin is definitely shrinking. It's only about $20 so even if it doesn't work, it's not a huge loss.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bally-Total-Fitness-BY7525BE-Slimmer-Belt/21799666
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I know of models using Prep H to reduce the appearance of cellulite for shows or shoots, It might constrict the skin, but the results would be temporary.
  • tam_a_ram_a
    tam_a_ram_a Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @walker, I have one of those. Never thought of using two. Maybe I'll go buy another one. I just hate how hot it gets!!! And I always get the rough side of the velcro touching my skin somehow :)
  • pattycakes_bakersman
    Options
    Hi there,

One thing that you may want to try is endermologie. It is a lot cheaper than surgery and you can get some good results. There are also some home machines that you do the same thing (suction and rollers) that are designed to treat cellulite. It have had good results using the Bliss Lean Machine http://www.sephora.com/lean-machine-P377176 for both the loose skin and cellulite. I am going to start to use it for loose skin on my stomach too. Verseo sells a similar product.

Tricia
  • pattycakes_bakersman
    Options
    Hi there,

One thing that you may want to try is endermologie. It is a lot cheaper than surgery and you can get some good results. There are also some home machines that you do the same thing (suction and rollers) that are designed to treat cellulite. It have had good results using the Bliss Lean Machine http://www.sephora.com/lean-machine-P377176 for both the loose skin and cellulite. I am going to start to use it for loose skin on my stomach too. Verseo sells a similar product.

Tricia
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    One of the ingredients in Prep H, is a vasoconstictor, which is what helps in decreasing swelling. If used in large amounts {ie, smearing over the whole abdominal area} it can raise your blood pressure to possibly dangerous levels. Don't mess around with medications on things they were not meant for. The directions are there for a good reason!
  • LadyFade
    Options
    It has worked excellently for my older sister. She had her daught and in that first year she started working out all the time and lost weight pretty fast. She was normally on the thicker side throughout life. Has she lost the weight, she had excessive skin folds. She uses the preparation h and it tightened her skin up. As of today, she still uses it here and there but for the most part, she is in the best shape and size she has ever been in her life. She is now doing some modeling shoots. She was Ms. December in the 2013 Hard Rock Cafe calendar.
  • Kuualoha808
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds, I hear that vicks vaporub helps to tighten loose skin (as well as help get rid of stretch marks). I haven't tried it myself, but if you google it, theres lots of people saying it helped with their loose skin. If anyone tries it, let us know how it works.
  • KaiteAllewe45
    Options
    Well I bought Dermelastic serum from Dermelastic.com for my pregnant wife to help prevent stretch marks. Kinda hard to rate when your not aware what it would of looked like if you had not used the product. All i can say is she has very little showing at this point in her pregnancy (6 months).
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Am I one of the only people that really understands that skin that has been stretched out to the point where there are heinous stretch marks is likely NOT going to just magically go back to looking like it did prior? If you have skin with good elasticity then you're going to find you can "bounce back" so to speak. So far as I am aware skin elasticity is also a genetic thing - if your mom has stretch marks, you're more likely to have them. There are creams that have collagen and elastin that will give you short term results for wrinkles and the like, but it's not a magic potion that fixes it forever.

I'm in the "own my pregnancy flap" camp I guess. I know my stretch marks are mine for life. :ohwell:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Am I one of the only people that really understands that skin that has been stretched out to the point where there are heinous stretch marks is likely NOT going to just magically go back to looking like it did prior?

I'm in the "own my pregnancy flap" camp I guess. I know my stretch marks are mine for life. :ohwell:

Nope, you're not alone :drinker: I had a "mother's apron" covered in dimply, stretch marked skin. Lost a significant amount of weight (for me) so far, strength training the whole way. Now I have a "mini mother's apron". I earned it, and my children are worth every crepey, stretch marked inch of belly (oh, and hips, and thighs and butt...).

Meh, I'll just continue to tuck it into my waistband and carry on!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I USE IT UNDER MY EYES TO REDUCE PUFFINESS AND SWELLING, BUT NEVER HEARD OF IT BEING USED FOR FLABBY SKIN. I SEE WHERE THAT THOUGHT MIGHT BE GOING, BUT I DONT THINK THE ANTIINFLAMATORY AGENT WILL TIGHTEN SKIN :(

what the ??? Does this work? I have tried so many things to de-puff my full set of luggage under my eyes and have been very disappointed.... I might have to try this!

Yeah, I've heard of that before but never dared try it!! Are there no side affects???!!

only side-effect is that people will think you're an a55hole
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds, I hear that vicks vaporub helps to tighten loose skin (as well as help get rid of stretch marks). I haven't tried it myself, but if you google it, theres lots of people saying it helped with their loose skin. If anyone tries it, let us know how it works.

i am willing to be a guinea pig. i will do one side Vicks and the other side Prep.H.
    we'll see! :ohwell: