If you still choose to eat less than 1200 calories a day...

Options
1235»

Replies

• rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    My recommended calorie intake is 1200, but i have a hard time consuming at least 1000 calories a day, and then when you subract a 50 minute workout, my calorie deficit is from 500-800!

I am eating plenty of veggies every meal, fruits, as well as some nuts, whole grains, eggs, chicken and other sources of protein and natural fats. I also eat two snacks a day which are usually veggies or nuts. I find it hard to increase my caloric intake without going way over on natural fats, sugars, and protein.

I would like to increase calories without exceding my daily intake of fats, sugars and protein too much... HELP!

Are you sure you are counting your calories correctly? Nuts are quite the calorie bomb, as are coconut and avocado. When I need some extra calories, nuts, avocado and coconut milk are all quite fantastic at getting it up there, hee.

edit: Ah, you don't want to increase fats, sorry. I haven't found myself in this situation, I did have to get my protein up and I did that with whey powder. Unfortunately, something will have to go up, choose what's lowest and use a food high in that. In my case that was protein.
  • Psyop65
    Options
    Good job!! And my Doc also told me to stay about 1000 cal per week I told her I work out every day and she ok'd it actually I feel less stressed and healthier already. Mind you I have only lost 3 lbs so far but Eat healthier and thats the bottom line I think making healthier choices migh be better than counting calories sometimes. :wink:
  • cljabusc
    Options
    It's all in what you eat...I eat healthy mostly and fall under. I don't count my calories during the day, I eat what I want to eat at the time and then if the number is low it's low. If it's a little high so be it. Eating Chicken breast, fish, veggies and fruits keeps your calories low. If I notice my body is craving something I eat it in moderation. But I'm not going to force myself to eat just to reach a number.

ditto
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to look at my food diary. i have been following 1200 diet as recommended by mfp for a week but was disappointed to see i put weight on! several ppl suggested i up the calories which i did today and i feel stuffed. i was having trouble taking in 1200 not sure what to do yhanks :-)
  • PeggyMSW
    Options
    Well I am new to this board and don't have a picture. I don't consider myself a lego head either. Not really sure why we can't embrace both sides feelings on this issue. After all she did state it did state it was an opinion. I am okay with people ranting and raving.
  • Scrimples
    Options
    What gets me most in these types of posts is the blanket statement that "all medical professionals" warn against VLCD's. It just isn't true. Doctors base their treatment of that individual patient's own health and medical history. Doctors take into account risk vs benefit and at some point the risk of some VLCD's are less than not taking the weight off immediately. Are VLCD's appropriate for everybody? No, but they do have their place and they do work for those for whom the treatment is appropriate. Doctors suggest these diets much more often than most people think. If your healthy enough to be oblivious to this fact you should feel grateful you have never had to be in that position.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I thank those that CONSIDERED what I was getting at, whether or not you agreed. For those that do not seem to get my point thats fine as well but it I didnt see why it was really necessary to starting attack my character traits if I may note...ex: passing judgments on me (gasp I care about people's general health and wanted to just put something out there in a general manner, because I understand that each person has their own stories - as I do believe it or not :noway: ) to the person who recommended that I seek professional mental health, and lastly calling me names such as 'lego head' and therefore because I dont have a picture my ideas are somehow less valid).
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    i disagree
  • Psyop65
    Options
    This is a stupid question but I am new here what is MFP?
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I barely make 1200 since becoming pregnant. Food is disgusting. Smells nasty, tastes nasty. If I eat too much, I puke. We don't all CHOOSE to eat under that amount =P

If you're in your first trimester, you can just hang in there, and know that chances are you'll feel better soon. My experience was, hungry or not, eat something every couple of hours. An empty stomach can be your worst enemy. If not, or if you don't feel better by 16 weeks or so, you really should talk to your doctor about this. Your baby will be fine, but you may not be. Your body will prioritize your babies nutritional needs, even to the point of leaching the minerals needed out of your bones. Also, congrats!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is a stupid question but I am new here what is MFP?

My Fitness Pal! Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • lazykerry
    lazykerry Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This community is so very strange. I am very small lady under all this extra weight (5'0" on a tall day with small-ish bones, judging by my tiny fingers and wrists.) If I were to net 2000 calories/day like so many of you Google-trained pseudo-doctor types keep screaming at me to do, I'd gain weight. A lot of it. I've been doing it my whole life. I'll worry about my body and you worry about yours. Thanks.