Best type of bread to eat while trying to lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat?

None.

I eat bread every day. And lost weight. Boom.

I don't eat it every day, but I eat it.

I doubt you ask dumb questions though, eh?

Point taken. I missed your sarcastic tone. Thought you were one of "those" people.
  • __freckles__
    Options
    So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat?

None.

The art of losing weight is different as everybody is different. Many people can not lose weight eating breads. So for you it might be trail and error. If you can lose weight by eating breads try and eat a healthy bread.

Ah-ha - you are one of "those" people. Calories in vs. calories out. That is all.
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nature’s Own Light Honey Wheat is what i use the most of, 40 calories a slice, but i do LOVE the Ezequiel Raisin Bread with a nice Better -n-Peanut butter....mmmm
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Organic spelt whole grain - awesome, or else sour dough - both are pretty common in Australia. Are they popular in America? /:)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

None.

Point taken. I missed your sarcastic tone. Thought you were one of "those" people.

Hahaha. I kill animals, am I really going to counsel someone to avoid bread? :D
  • __freckles__
    Options

None.

Hahaha. I kill animals, am I really going to counsel someone to avoid bread? :D

:flowerforyou:

On another note, I just noticed this is a zombie thread. Hope the OP ate a ton of bread and lost all the weight they needed to. ::Bowing out::
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options

None.

The art of losing weight is different as everybody is different. Many people can not lose weight eating breads. So for you it might be trail and error. If you can lose weight by eating breads try and eat a healthy bread.

Ah-ha - you are one of "those" people. Calories in vs. calories out. That is all.

No I am not one of those people. Not at all. This has nothing to do with calories as it does on how some bodies metabolize breads and grains. I am saying in my family of us FAT people we lose weight by cutting out sweets and breads (bad carbs) Grains are good, but for us they bloat our stomachs and intestines. Many people are like that. And then there are others that do very well. Boy you are touchy, need a few more carbs perhaps in your diet.
  • mommamia409
    Options
    I also get very bloated. I have stuck to a low carb diet for many years which breads have been omitted. I would like to incorporate the best bread to have in my weight loss plan . Can u suggest?
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Dark rye bread is supposedly the best, but really who cares what type of bread as long as it fits into your daily calorie goal, and if you're really worried about it, instead if two slices go to one slice.
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's really whatever you like so long as you fit it into your calorie budget.

But I use whole wheat sandwich rounds (the ones I get are 110 calories) for veggie burgers (since the patty is round...it makes more sense to me), and then for regular bread, I get either the Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat bread, or Nature's Own Honey Wheat 40 calorie bread. 80-90 calories for two slices of bread isn't bad in my book. :)
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like rice paper wraps. Only 70 calories for 3 wraps and I stuff them full of grated veggies and a little hoisen sauce.

That sounds good!

I like this idea too! I've made salad rolls with rice paper wraps in the past, filled with noodles, shrimp, mango and fresh basil, then dipped in peanut sauce. It's incredible but a little high in cals with the noodles. Great idea stuffing them with veggies and using hoisin.

Re: bread - I'm not sure if it's available widely but there is a brand here called Silver Hills that makes a loaf called Little Big Bread - I think 110 cals for two slices? It's pretty awesome for toast and I love the calorie count.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love bread, and dont eat diet breads. I recommend budgeting what you like into your calories.
  • Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    None
  • Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options

None.

I hate "those" people with their insight and intelligence. So annoying.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I like wholemeal pitta breads.

The ones I use are about 160 calories (less than two slices of bread) and if you split them open carefully you can stuff them with meat, chicken, vegetables, etc.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    any 100% whole wheat bread with no high fructose corn syrup or white sugar is great!

it is usually lower in calories and higher in fiber and protein!

I also recommend sprouted whole grain Ezekiel bread! its low cal and a complete protein!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I aim for whole grain and high fiber. Healthy Life brand is one of my favorites, and easy to find.
  • Sarahclaybaugh
    Sarahclaybaugh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is Dave's killer bread. I eat the power seed because there are 6g of fiber and 6g of protein per slice. I know he also does "lite" breads that are lower in calories. After eating Dave's every other sandwich bread tastes bland to me, but I have heard good things about Ezekiel bread, so might give that a try some time.