Need sweet treat help!!

Options
I have been doing really well with my diet throughout the day, but sure enough after dinner like clockwork, I really want something sweet. Lately I have been just skipping dessert, and having a glass of water with mio in it. This will not last forever!! I enjoy fudgesicles and sugar free pudding...but Im looking for maybe some other ideas that you guys have found luck with...thanks!!

Replies

• Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    VitaTops are my favorite sweet treat, along with Jello. :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot after dinner. I usually have some kind of fruit, sometimes graham crackers, rice pudding, or a cup of tea.
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt mix some PB2 in it and heat up a quest brownie protein bar.. SO GOOD!
  • kensgirl2
    kensgirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just tried Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie Frozen Yogurt Bars for the first time tonight, and I can tell you they will be stocked in my freezer from now on!!!!! They are delicious!!!! And only 60 cals a bar!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your awesome suggestions!! I am so making a list for the grocery store tomorrow!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I make strawberry frozen smoothies with EAS AdvantEdge strawberry protein drink and 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries blended in my ninja. 150 cals for a large cup of 'frozen yogurt' like dessert. My hubby likes the vanilla flavor with frozen banana and strawberries.

It packs 17 g of protein, and fills you up a lot!

If you like Almond Joys, I just discovered Fiber One Chewy protein bar in a coconut almond flavor that is SO awesome!
  • susan_skipper
    Options
    I cut up an apple and sprinkle a little cinnamon on it, that cures my sweet tooth in the evenings. I also cut up an orange into segments and put it in my water bottle. Makes the water taste sweet. I keep adding water to it throughout the day and then in the evening I eat the juicy orange.
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    some of the fiberone bars aren't so bad either.
  • MariaYaremchak
    MariaYaremchak Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just tried one for the first time tonight too. Omg, heaven on a stick. Definitely will be one of my go-to treats when my sweet tooth kicks in.

*edit- the weight watchers strawberry smoothie bar.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pumpkin muffins

Box of sugar free devils food cake
    15 ounce can of pumpkin
    Tiny bit if water

Mix, drop into muffin tins sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Delicious chocolate taste. Rich. I got 15 muffins out of it. 105 calories each.
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate...

If I really want something sweet or a chocolate hit I will allow myself to have one square of this and it doesn't make me feel as guilty as some of the other things you'd reach for.

One square is about 52 calories and because it is dark chocolate it also has a few health benefits.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Put a cup of skim milk in the blender with 2 or 3 ice cubes. When blended, add some diet rootbeer. Root beer float without the calories!! Yummy!!
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Some of the sweets that I keep to help get rid of my sweet tooth are the Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie bars (SO YUMMY) (60c), Fiber one brownies (90 c), 100 Calorie shortbread cookies (They are my absolute favorite cookie), and Smart ones desserts (140). They are all low calorie and delicious. I've tried the greek yogurt "ice cream", but didn't care for that. I'm not really a yogurt person.
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    Fresh fruit and 2 Tbs. of frozen cool whip!

Coating fresh fruit with greek yogurt and freezing is also delicious!

When I crave chocolate, I measure out 1/2 a serving of semi-sweet chocolate chips and eat them one by one. Let them melt; don't chew. The melt in your mouth richness satisfies my sweet tooth without damage. Sometimes I find I don't even want all I portioned!
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow makes plenty of tasty treats including chocolate candies and ice cream. I personally don't skip dessert. I make room for dessert. :)
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like the fat free sugar free pudding made with almond milk or skim milk with fresh fruit. You can even put a little bit of chocolate syrup or some sugar free jam/marmalade/caramel-some coconut, some gingersnap crumbs, just a tablespoon or so, or some toasted coconut. Lots of stuff with that pudding and fruit.

And the skinny cows....
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    An apple with 1 TBS of natural peanut butter, melted in the microwave
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Fruit with whipped cream is delicious. You can make a nice treat by blending frozen banana pieces with peanut butter and cocoa powder.