Need sweet treat help!!

Options

Replies

• Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate...

If I really want something sweet or a chocolate hit I will allow myself to have one square of this and it doesn't make me feel as guilty as some of the other things you'd reach for.

One square is about 52 calories and because it is dark chocolate it also has a few health benefits.

^^^^This. I love chocolate, and usually have a square as my nighttime sweet treat. Because dark chocolate is so intense, a little goes a long way, and totally satisfies the sweet tooth :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    someone on here said they use black tea to cleanse their palate so they dont want anything sweet after dinner. Not sure if you would want to give up your sweets but it's an option.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    mix up some greek yogurt with just a tad bit of honey and dip fruit in it and freeze. Yummy sweet frozen treats :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    rice cakes come in lots of flavors now. you could dip it in a premeasured amount of nutella, or dulce de leche, or anything you are craving, peanut butter, etc.
  • letsnotgothere
    letsnotgothere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes lots of 100-calorie delicious frozen chocolatey treats.
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I always leave myself enough calories for a couple of cookies. The trick is to take one serving and put the bag away.
  • lucchiladi88
    Options
    Fiber one bars work for me.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I have been doing really well with my diet throughout the day, but sure enough after dinner like clockwork, I really want something sweet. Lately I have been just skipping dessert, and having a glass of water with mio in it. This will not last forever!! I enjoy fudgesicles and sugar free pudding...but Im looking for maybe some other ideas that you guys have found luck with...thanks!!

Frozen greek yogurt. It tastes just like ice cream and has lots of protein and zero fat.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I really like greek chocolate yogurt. It tastes and has close to the same texture as cheesecake but for only 100 cals! sometimes ill put something crunchy with it. I also do a chocolate protien shake blended with ice and yogurt for a "milkshake" or forzen yogurts.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Vitatops deep chocolate are good and have fiber and protein, I like healthy choice frozen greek yougurts they are 100 calories and yummy! I sometimes have a south beach whipped peanut butter snack bar and 1 dove dark chocolate promise the bars have protein and fiber and seem to hold me, they have 100 calories. Fiber one has a new dark chocolate cereal squares 3/4 cup is eighty calories and chocolate.
  • virtuouswomanx
    Options
    I just had this with my kids like two seconds ago...

Banana cut up with a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut, almond slivers, a few dark chocolate chips. Yum!
  • AmyAPW
    AmyAPW Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I have just made this and it is awesome!

1 cup of melted coconut oil
    3/4 cups of UNSWEETEND cocoa powder
    3 tube squirts of liquid stevia (sweet leaf brand is the best and they have all types of flavours - we love the chocolate cherry one)

Mix alltogether (give it a taste and if it is too bitter for you add more stevia) and place in a small lined tray or paper plate and freeze for 15-20mins.... take it out and break it all up. Best to place it in a air tight container and back in the freezer. And there you have it - Chocolate delight! Depending on what brands you make it with it is very low or will have none at all Carbs and Sugar!

Great little treat for after dinner :) Let me know what you think.
  • lyndasollazzo
    lyndasollazzo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found Nilla cookies 8 cookies for 110 calories and chocolate cream cheese, 2 tbsp = 50 calories. Make little cookie sandwiches. Really good and filling.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I like the endangered species 88% dark chocolate squares.

Also, I made a pretty yummy "cheesecake" by whipping together chobani plain, some cream cheese (probably would work with the fat free), and some protein powder.
  • lyndasollazzo
    lyndasollazzo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What brand of yogurt has chocolate? I live in Canada and we can't get chocolate yogurt, but I can easily get to the US if it is sold there.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I went through this a while ago. The phase lasted about a month. Whenever I would get a sweet craving after dinner, I would measure ONE tablespoon of Nutella and have it with either a banana, strawberries, grapes or 1/2 serving of pretzels. It was my "forbidden" treat. The key is to measure everything & put the rest away before you begin eating. Also eat at the table just as you would a full meal. Sometimes an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter will work just fine if you're not craving chocolate.
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello or pudding, fruit with light whipped cream, angel food cake with blueberries and whipped cream, 2% chocolate milk, kcup cafe mocha, sf hot cocoa, peppermint patty-full size, or a banana.
  • jonileri
    Options
    1 square of dark chocolate. Satisfies the sweet tooth and is packed with health benefits (antioxidants, lowers blood pressure). Check WebMD article Dark Chocolate is Healthy Chocolate under Weight Loss and Diet Plans http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate
    I buy it at Trader Joe's or World Market, different flavors are available but be sure it is at least 72% cacao. The higher the amount of cacao, the more health benefits but 86% is a bit bitter and not for everyone.
    One square of the 72% cacao has 55 Cal, under 5 g of fat, 5 g Carbs and just under 1 g of protein.
    The label indicates 4 squares as 1 serving with 220 calories but 1 square is enough.
  • Mamax143
    Options
    when I have a sweet craving I have fruit or if I am craving chocolate, I make fat free sugar free chocolate instant pudding made with skim milk, a crushed graham cracker and two tablespoons light whipped cream or cool whip
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Grapes or an orange.