Have done the BMR and TDEE and I'm GAINING WEIGHT

Options
13»

Replies

• Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    eat fewer carbs and more protein

^^^^^THIS.I kept gaining on my TDEE until i switched my macros to 40(C):30(P):30(F) and really made sure i get all of my protein in and any cut in calories really comes from carbs and little fat.Overdoing carbs will make you gain weight light crazy-i did put on a good 20 pounds with that in a period of 6 months,but i was working on my metabolism reset(eating at TDEE) so i wasnt much worried,now im concentrating on losing body fat-now the inches are going down.

Macros make a huge difference for me too :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You figured in your exercise calories into your TDEE already. You don't eat back more exercise calories using this method.

You can log your exercise as 1 calorie so that MFP doesn't readjust your calorie goal, or don't log exercise at all.
  • frettie
    Options
    Be very careful with the member reported calorie counts. I have found wild discrepancies in the counts. Sometimes as much as twice for the same amount and type of food.If in doubt go for the higher count!!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Most responses here are what I was thinking as well, including the TDEE cut and not eating back exercise cals.

Also, do you measure portions carefully? You could be eating hundreds more cals a day than you think.
  • Ploogy
    Ploogy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Why don't you get a very accurate bodyfat measurement and use that to calculate using Katch-McArdle? That way you know you are getting the most accurate TDEE you can (using these equations). Also get an RMR test to determine your true BMR. If you are very flabby like me - a disproprortionate amount of body fat, I bet your BMR will be lower than the standard calculation suggests.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    More importantly, what number were you eating BEFORE you started this? Your body is getting used to actual fuel, trust me I went through it when I upped calories. A number of things, you dont have to eat back your exercise calories UNLESS it's a super active day (I do this anyway).

Are you on your period right now? Are you eating too much salt? Are you on a new contraceptive? Are you constantly eating the same things everyday? You should be taking measurements and progress pictures as well as weighing yourself, the scale doesnt show everything. So many things can explain your weight gain but if you are really worried see your doctor.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add, that after 12 months of eating 1200 calories and started my reset with the TDEE method, eating DOUBLE that, I was bloated as HELL for a few weeks. When I did my cut, I started losing again. It could be your body in shock after eating so little before!

Me too! U need to be patient
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    Bump