My diet for today is ruined

Options
I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

Replies

• Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just let it roll off your back....eat what you normally would. Go for a walk. Main thing is don't be so hard on your self. Tomorrow is a new day. One cheat day won't kill you.
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    I've done that dude, I felt so horrible afterwards...

You had one setback; try to do better in the future. Learn from this and remember you're not alone; it's perfectly normal to splurge on something like that once in a while. You can't be perfect all the time. Please don't vomit...you won't be making it any better.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it....that happens to everyone now and then. you are here to make a lifestyle change, not crash diet. the key is consistancy and smart choices overall. eat a low calorie sensible dinner later and start tomorrow fresh. no biggie!

One day over isn't going to derail your efforts. btw, what are your calorie goals per day? If they are set too low then I find that it will trigger binges for me too.
  • MrRaph
    MrRaph Posts: 12
    Options
    The only thing making me feel good at the moment is that I'm not overweight, I'm just trying to cut down my body fat to around 8% to have visible abs.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You will never get back onto a normal routine if you just dont eat those calories. Eat those calories and gauge your hunger as well. Drink plenty of water and maybe make the rest of your foods today VERY low carb, focusing more on protein and fiber. Feel free to send me a friend request as I too know how hard it is to not purge. Lately Ive been wanting to buy diareutics saying it will just be for a short term. But remember, vomiting (and diareutics) causes use to lose WATER WEIGHt. Losing water, depletes your muscle mass, which makes your body hold onto whatever water it does have, making you bloated. ITS NOT WORTH IT!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Get some exercise and eat normally the rest of the day. You can still stay within your calorie count.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

Your maintenance is 1800 cals? I'd possibly seek out some professional help as that is not a rational thought when you are still under cals by a good margin
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Minimise the damage today and then get back on track. Keep an eye on your weekly graph and you'll see your average calories for the week dropping as the week goes on. One bad day doesn't spell disaster, you can pull it back on other days. :smile:
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself for the rest of the day, that's not healthy either!

Try to eat healthy stuff for the rest of the day - lean meat and veggies or something like that. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    So? You blew it...it happens.
    Now that you've gone through the banana bread, be mindful of the rest of the evening.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
  • misssmarita
    Options
    I was in your shoes a couple of days ago. I went over 500 calories over my goal, over 500 calories of crap at that. What you do is realize that you're human and you make mistakes. Why did you binge? What were you feeling? What did you learn? How can you make sure it doesn't happen again? After that, you move on do better tomorrow. Drink a lot of water for the rest of the day. Go ahead and eat your remaining calories, that's what they're there for. But make it something light and healthy.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    One thing I feel I should point out is that you don't just get calories from the foods you choose to eat. You get macronutrients: protein, carbs, and fats. You also get micronutrients: your vitamins and minerals.

Not only should you have a diet (if you are looking to lose weight), but you should also be looking to be healthy. Okay, so you ate that banana bread loaf. Are you going to deprive your body of nutrients that it still needs for the rest of the day? Or are you going to look at each second as a new second?

Drink some water, and commit to having the rest of your day be as healthy as you can make it. Don't eat a ton of carbs at dinner time.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You have 366 calories remaining. What is the problem?
  • cdmatlock1
    cdmatlock1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's ok..... I did the same thing yesterday.....
  • liliwhoa
    liliwhoa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Also as a 34 year old male, assuming you dont have any medical conditions, you might want to reconsider your intake. 1800 is pretty low. I'm a 24 year old female and that's my calorie goal ON NON-WORKOUT days. Check out Dan's thread "In Place of a Road Map". SUPER HELPFUL!
  • MrRaph
    MrRaph Posts: 12
    Options
    I think I've been doing great this last week(see my diary) I have had no problems eating 5 to 6 meals a day approx 300 cals per meal, thats what I've been trying to stick to. My problem is that I can't resist sweet things.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You should be seeking help somewhere than a public forum. Not trying to be harsh, but you have some issues that require professional help.
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Work out a little bit to gain some calories back (go for a walk, clean?) but don't kill yourself over it. It happens, just don't make it a daily thing and you'll be fine. Drink water for the rest of the day and just focus on what good came out of it (i.e. you know what not to do for tomorrow).
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Do some cardio to help offset the binge and earn some more calories for the day. Let go of the guilt.