My diet for today is ruined

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Don't vomit. Forget what just happened. It's over. Move on and do your best to make sure the next ruined day is not soon. Yes, there is likely to be another sooner or later. Making them later is the key to success.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

Your maintenance is 1800 cals? I'd possibly seek out some professional help as that is not a rational thought when you are still under cals by a good margin

1800 is your weight loss goal, NOT your maintenance. And yes, considering vomiting is classic "disordered" thinking.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Also as a 34 year old male, assuming you dont have any medical conditions, you might want to reconsider your intake. 1800 is pretty low. I'm a 24 year old female and that's my calorie goal ON NON-WORKOUT days. Check out Dan's thread "In Place of a Road Map". SUPER HELPFUL!

This. I binged when I ate too little. Here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    *kitten* happens. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Weight loss, much like life itself, ins't a marathon. It's a dance. You just have to ensure you're taking more steps forward than back.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Pretty sure we all have. Take a long walk to burn some calories and then eat a normal dinner. Skipping meals, IMO just perpetuates bingeing. And vomiting after a binge is a nasty pattern to get into. Don't go there.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've went on a very terrible binge and ate an entire banana bread I now feel very bad about it and want to make myself vomit. I still have 366 calories to eat today to maintain weight, should I eat them or not eat at all today?

Your maintenance is 1800 cals? I'd possibly seek out some professional help as that is not a rational thought when you are still under cals by a good margin

yikes
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    you should use those leftover calories to eat gummy bears!
    it's what I do when I have leftover calories. that or drink wine. :drinker:
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i love banana bread. i have a good recipe for it.
  • liliwhoa
    liliwhoa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't trash yourself now. A bunch of really good comments! We are all with you, and most of us have done the same. Try to understand what's 'hurting" inside- what the need is. We try to fill the holes with food. Let it go and keep the faith.
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it. I just ate a half of a chocolate brownie with icing. hadnt had any sweets since jan 1. you're entitled to a treat every once in a while.
    my advice: don't make anymore banana bread.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    mmm... banana bread.
  • tigger2009
    Options
    I have done something like that before.....Just get back on the horse and keep going or walking!
  • jesszds82
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it! Just be sure the rest of the day you get some healthy food in. Tomorrow is a new day. Get a good burn in! :) Good luck!
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've had days like thta...nothing to worry about... some of those days I actually lostweight while days I stayed under I gained...
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The OP is trying to cut, he's at a healthy weight. He's going for a 6 pack. Much of the normal weight loss advice doesn't apply.

Thinking about puking to cut weight is never healthy. As has been said by others you should talk to someone about that.
  • MrRaph
    MrRaph Posts: 12
    Options
    Well, I was going to workout then I saw that I forgot to bring a phone with me icnase someone would be calling so I ran upstairs then I saw this delicious banana bread standing on the counter untouched and I decided to take a slice because I absolutely love banna bread before I knew it I was into it and ate the entire loaf.
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Remove the word DIET from your vocab. This is a journey, a life change .... get over the banana bread and move on. You'll go over on calories today, no big deal. Get back on track now.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options

It's only a set back if you don't think about your next choices and the consequences.. Otherwise my suggestion would be.. get right back on your calorie goal today and don't continue to binge.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Now I want banana bread dammit!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dont start the binge purge cycle. You know how hard that is to break. Move on I would journal or blog just purge out all of your feelings onto paper/computer screen. You can still eat figure you will go over but its not the end of the world if you look at everyday that you are under vs one day it all averages out. It takes me 3 days of reisisting binge cravings to get over it. It's not easy.