dating advice

Options
rednailvarnish
rednailvarnish Posts: 36 Member
I met a guy on a dating site and we have been texting and talking on the phone every day for two months. I have also stayed at his house nearly every week since we met. He is so sweet and has introduced me to his best mate and brother. I can’t help but worry if he is seeing other girls although he doesn’t seem the type and I do not know where he would get the time given we are in so much contact. Do I have the right to ask him if he is dating other people ? I just worry as online dating is new to me !

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I met a guy on a dating site and we have been texting and talking on the phone every day for two months. I have also stayed at his house nearly every week since we met. He is so sweet and has introduced me to his best mate and brother. I can’t help but worry if he is seeing other girls although he doesn’t seem the type and I do not know where he would get the time given we are in so much contact. Do I have the right to ask him if he is dating other people ? I just worry as online dating is new to me !

Communication is integral to a healthy relationship. So start talking.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What has he done to give you the impression that he might be dating other people? If nothing then I wouldnt bring it up. Only thing I would do is maybe have the exclusive talk once you guys have stopped dating and are officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Until then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • rednailvarnish
    rednailvarnish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bles him he has not done anything and that's why I think is prob me! I just worry and seeing someone who might be having encounters with lots of people. Should I leave it a while before asking if we are "together" we act like we are in so many ways
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You are 30 years old. Not in High School. I can't imagine you're still going to have the conversation that goes "Are we Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Check Yes or No!!"

Come on. How does he introduce you to people? Why can’t you just say, “Hey babe, I know this can be an awkward conversation, but I would like to know if you’re seeing other people.” Then close your mouth and let him ramble. You'll quickly figure out where you stand.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course you have the right to ask him. When he responds, be prepared for either answer. You especially want to know the answer if you're having sex with him.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    you definitely have the right to ask, especially if you guys are having relations. That is something to know maybe beforehand, in my opinion.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You are 30 years old. Not in High School. I can't imagine you're still going to have the conversation that goes "Are we Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Check Yes or No!!"

Come on. How does he introduce you to people? Why can’t you just say, “Hey babe, I know this can be an awkward conversation, but I would like to know if you’re seeing other people.” Then close your mouth and let him ramble. You'll quickly figure out where you stand.

Yep.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If you are sleeping with someone you have a right to know if he is sleeping with other women and bringing the risks associated with that into the bedroom.

Look buddy..how many times should I be wrapping this thing??
  • badmojo108
    Options
    If you are spending that much time together, enjoying yourselves, and he has introduced you to important people in his life, just tell him you aren't interested in seeing any other people. I can almost guarantee he will respond by saying he feels the same way, on the off chance he doesn't at least it will start the conversation and you will know where you stand.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Options
    If you are spending that much time together, enjoying yourselves, and he has introduced you to important people in his life, just tell him you aren't interested in seeing any other people. I can almost guarantee he will respond by saying he feels the same way, on the off chance he doesn't at least it will start the conversation and you will know where you stand.

Oh yes I totally second this!

Play games.

You're only 30 after all.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yep, just ask.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Has he introduced you to his wife yet?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you're not sure, then you need to talk (especially if you're intimate). I think if you're just dating that's one thing, but as soon as you start having sex it's your right to know if they're are having sex with other people. This is generally a question you should ask before the quarter hits the floor, though.

As opposed to asking the bf/gf question though, exclusive is a better term as an adult. Something along the lines of, "I realize that this conversation may be a little tardy, however I generally prefer to know that when I'm intimate with someone we are sleeping with each other exlusively."
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

*facepalm*
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    "You are 30 years old. Not in High School. I can't imagine you're still going to have the conversation that goes "Are we Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Check Yes or No!!" "

That would actually be a cute thing. Maybe not for this general time or topic, but I love it when I get little notes from my lady.

It's awesome. :D
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

bliss1.gif
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Options
    "You are 30 years old. Not in High School. I can't imagine you're still going to have the conversation that goes "Are we Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Check Yes or No!!" "

That would actually be a cute thing. Maybe not for this general time or topic, but I love it when I get little notes from my lady.

It's awesome. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQcW8IQuZLVaR0tCC9Vs4JMUA_SoK9exIKN5nXHBneY7iqik7P
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Time to have the exclusivity discussion.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

Oh yes I totally second this!

Play games.

You're only 30 after all.
    yeah, do the more mature thing and take it a step further..... i say raid his stuff while he's sleeping....sure he can't hide everything, and if you're skilled you'll get the 411 right away *rolls eyes* \m/
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Just break up