dating advice

Options

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    communication is the most important thing, if you do not have that, you have nothing.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    you definitely have the right to ask, especially if you guys are having relations. That is something to know maybe beforehand, in my opinion.

I agree with this. And the person saying, just casually ask him if you are exclusive, let him answer and be prepared for either answer.

But I should add, so what if he is seeing other people? In my opinion until you have agreed to be exclusive, you may as well both do that!

And ALWAYS use a condom.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Communication is integral to a healthy relationship. So start talking.

/thread
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me that he's a boyfriend already.......
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's called defining the relationship.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You are 30 years old. Not in High School. I can't imagine you're still going to have the conversation that goes "Are we Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Check Yes or No!!"

Come on. How does he introduce you to people? Why can’t you just say, “Hey babe, I know this can be an awkward conversation, but I would like to know if you’re seeing other people.” Then close your mouth and let him ramble. You'll quickly figure out where you stand.

Uh huh.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You have every right to ask and see where he stands. I've been in the same situation and it's gone both ways. The guy either says he wants to keep it casual (which means he is seeing or planning on seeing other people) or the guy has said that he isn't and doesn't plan on being or dating anyone else.

If he isn't mature enough to have this conversation with you, then he is not worth your time.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are 30 years old. Not in High School. I can't imagine you're still going to have the conversation that goes "Are we Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Check Yes or No!!"

Come on. How does he introduce you to people? Why can’t you just say, “Hey babe, I know this can be an awkward conversation, but I would like to know if you’re seeing other people.” Then close your mouth and let him ramble. You'll quickly figure out where you stand.

^^ This. Have the conversation - if you aren't sure make sure you are. Then you will know whether or not you want to continue .....
  • Danardeener
    Options
    You've only been dating two months...does he even know that you're in a "relationship"?
  • LLaceFace
    LLaceFace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would say ask him. Or just tell him how you feel...whats the worst that could happen?
    I tried the whole online dating thing and it ended after a few months... I dont recommend it to anyone lol
    but if youre gonna dive in face first then you had better at least talk about how you feel. OR RUN AWAY!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I met a guy on a dating site and we have been texting and talking on the phone every day for two months. I have also stayed at his house nearly every week since we met. He is so sweet and has introduced me to his best mate and brother. I can’t help but worry if he is seeing other girls although he doesn’t seem the type and I do not know where he would get the time given we are in so much contact. Do I have the right to ask him if he is dating other people ? I just worry as online dating is new to me !

I advise this dude to run NOW. She is a stalker. oh wait just re-read, you wanted the advice? uh, um....maybe give him a second to breathe?
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    no if u just met him its not your place to ask him things like that... the worse thing for a girl to do is be to clengy..... lol... because when your in a relationship together u will have enough of it already.... plus if ur feeling insecure now imagine 3 months from now.... no just stop... it doesnt matter UNLESS u are having unprotected sex.... WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO. lol... but if you are then yes ask him because its for your safety also.. if not than just wait for him to ask you to be his girlfriend....

If he ever lets you meet his parents thats when its serious... his best friend isnt that much of a big deal unless he has never let his friends meet a girl before..
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    GPS tracker on his car.
    hidden webcams around his home.
    key logger software on his computer.
    night vision goggles for those nights you spend watching his home from across the street in the neighbor's bushes.

you'll have your answer soon enough and he need never be the wiser!

or, you could just ask him.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    He has never given you a chance to wonder..why do?
    Take it easy and enjoy it...There is no need to wonder or have talks..
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    He has never given you a chance to wonder..why do?
    Take it easy and enjoy it...There is no need to wonder or have talks..

I agree, if you're always together and he's given you no reason to wonder, so don't make it a thing. I do think you can put your big girl panties on and have the talk. At the very least find out if you're the only one in his bed. There doesn't need to be a definition or a title, but if it were me, I'd at least like to know that much.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to him about it. A lot of people date more than one person at a time. Especially as they get older. I personally don't see anything wrong with it either until you guys have the "where is this going talk". Usually about the 3 month mark is appropriate for that.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Personally I would tell him that another opportunity has arisen for me and I need to know if he cares one way or the other if I date other guys. That usually gets you all the information you need to know, good or bad. If he goes all "growling dog with a bone" then have the monogamy talk. If he's like "Whatever", then at least you know where you stand. If he suggests a threesome (this has happened to me) then you'll have to decide how you feel about that. lol

Edited to say: If there's one thing I've learned in 30 years of dating and relationships, it's NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    GPS tracker on his car.
    hidden webcams around his home.
    key logger software on his computer.
    night vision goggles for those nights you spend watching his home from across the street in the neighbor's bushes.

you'll have your answer soon enough and he need never be the wiser!

or, you could just ask him.

^^ This except for the night vision goggles thats just overkill the webcams will pick up everything you need....or you can save money and time and just "ask him" but I am all for being super spy (aka STALKER)
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow 2 months in and your already questioning the trust in your "relationship". Jeez this could escalate quickly, why not just enjoy the time your spending together instead of creating false mistrust especially if he hasnt given you ANY reason to doubt him?
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Personally I would tell him that another opportunity has arisen for me and I need to know if he cares one way or the other if I date other guys. That usually gets you all the information you need to know, good or bad. If he goes all "growling dog with a bone" then have the monogamy talk. If he's like "Whatever", then at least you know where you stand. If he suggests a threesome (this has happened to me) then you'll have to decide how you feel about that. lol

Edited to say: If there's one thing I've learned in 30 years of dating and relationships, it's NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!

best response.
    nice move, kasparov!
    :drinker: