What do you want in your taco??

Options
One of my favorite things are fusion tacos. We're not talking about those you'd find at Taco Bell, but those you'd find on a Fusion Taco Truck; street tacos that come on warm sofl corn tortillas and are unusual. For examples: Korean Tacos with Kimchee, Rockfish Tacos with Apples, Daikon, and Mango Salso, or Hot Wing inspired Chipotle Buffalo Chicken with Fresh Slaw.

So what's in your favorite taco or what do you want in your taco? Any unusual combinations you'd like to see on the next food truck?

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it in a long time, but I once had a "Hawaiian" taco - it was shredded chicken with lovely chili, cilantro, spices. Served wtih enchilada sauce, mozzarella, black beans, pineapple, and a bit of whipped coconut milk instead of sour cream. DELISH.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Grilled fish tacos with shredded cabbage, greek yogurt with pineapple salsa and siriacha hot sauce.. mmmmm
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Both of those sound really good. I love fish tacos!
  • sarahdkurtz
    sarahdkurtz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash Taco's!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Lengua (beef tongue) or cabeza (beef cheek meat), lots of cilantro, onions and the hottest, meanest red sauce you can find.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own corn tortillas, and cook them soft. I love Mexican style tacos. This Friday I am making some pork tacos with beans and rice. All from scratch. The rice will be a wild blend. I will slow cook a pork roast wrapped in bacon and seasoned with a mirepoix. I am going to make an onion, tomato, pepper (hot or bell, not sure yet) and cilantro pico de gallo. I may also make some salsa if I have enough $$ to do it all. I will top it off with a red or green sauce that I will buy. But that is how I like my tacos.

I must say, your fusion tacos sound fantastic. I make fusion Italian/Greek quesadillas sometimes. Very yummy!! I like the kimchee one you mentioned. I may have to try that out with my homemade tortillas!!!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @Topher, are you married? I have a niece that would be just perfect for you and then you could come to visit me and COOK! You are making me hungry when I was doing fine 5 minutes ago.

My favorite Taco is a plain old everyday taco with lots of Ranch dressing.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @Topher, are you married? I have a niece that would be just perfect for you and then you could come to visit me and COOK! You are making me hungry when I was doing fine 5 minutes ago.

My favorite Taco is a plain old everyday taco with lots of Ranch dressing.
    Hook me up! Never been married!! ;-)
  • mbellypdx
    Options
    Just made the black bean, poblano and sweet potato empanadas out of Cooking Light. They'd be a great base for something although the texture is a soft. Fried chicken strips would make it south meets southwest but I;d go for catfish since I don't eat chicken.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    roasted veggies (particularly root veggies), salsa and pepperjack cheese. Don't forget the avo:)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Meat.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    So disappointed....
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    A hot beef injection
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Tacos! Makes spaghetti and place it in hard shell tacos. DELISH!

Also, carne asada tacos from this mexican market down the street. yummyyy...
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I've never had a taco I didn't like.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    black beans, tomatoes, spinach, shredded carrots, black olives, low fat cheese, x hot sauce.
  • stina1980
    stina1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Beef Fajita with avocado
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it in a long time, but I once had a "Hawaiian" taco - it was shredded chicken with lovely chili, cilantro, spices. Served wtih enchilada sauce, mozzarella, black beans, pineapple, and a bit of whipped coconut milk instead of sour cream. DELISH.

This sounds to die for!!!!

Fish tacos...homemade with fresh caught Gulf of Mexico fish!!!! :glasses:
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: OMG I THOUGHT THIS WAZ ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LOLOLOLOLOL :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: I WAS GOING TO SAY MEAT IN MY TACO LOLOLOL BUT ITS TRUE I LOVE BEEF IN MY TACO LOLOLOL AND LIKE SOUR CREAM N STUFF LOLOLOL
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    heh heh... *walks away*