What do you want in your taco??

Options

Replies

• alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own corn tortillas, and cook them soft. I love Mexican style tacos. This Friday I am making some pork tacos with beans and rice. All from scratch. The rice will be a wild blend. I will slow cook a pork roast wrapped in bacon and seasoned with a mirepoix. I am going to make an onion, tomato, pepper (hot or bell, not sure yet) and cilantro pico de gallo. I may also make some salsa if I have enough $$ to do it all. I will top it off with a red or green sauce that I will buy. But that is how I like my tacos.

I must say, your fusion tacos sound fantastic. I make fusion Italian/Greek quesadillas sometimes. Very yummy!! I like the kimchee one you mentioned. I may have to try that out with my homemade tortillas!!!

Homemade tortillas? Yumm! Never tried making them myself. Are they easier than tamales? Love those, but oh what a process. For the tacos with kimchee try pork or beef bugogi style in them.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: OMG I THOUGHT THIS WAZ ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LOLOLOLOLOL :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: I WAS GOING TO SAY MEAT IN MY TACO LOLOLOL BUT ITS TRUE I LOVE BEEF IN MY TACO LOLOLOL AND LIKE SOUR CREAM N STUFF LOLOLOL
    for a sec there I thought gasmaster flash was making a comeback \m/
  • alaskaang
    Options
    Butternut squash and root vegies are interesting. I've tried veggie tacos with sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers, but those would be really hardy on a cold winter day (which we have a lot of!)

Please keep the ideas coming, I'm inspired!
  • alaskaang
    Options
    Okay so I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but just LOL! Thanks for the chuckles. I had no idea tacos led to ....... :)
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own corn tortillas, and cook them soft. I love Mexican style tacos. This Friday I am making some pork tacos with beans and rice. All from scratch. The rice will be a wild blend. I will slow cook a pork roast wrapped in bacon and seasoned with a mirepoix. I am going to make an onion, tomato, pepper (hot or bell, not sure yet) and cilantro pico de gallo. I may also make some salsa if I have enough $$ to do it all. I will top it off with a red or green sauce that I will buy. But that is how I like my tacos.

I must say, your fusion tacos sound fantastic. I make fusion Italian/Greek quesadillas sometimes. Very yummy!! I like the kimchee one you mentioned. I may have to try that out with my homemade tortillas!!!

Homemade tortillas? Yumm! Never tried making them myself. Are they easier than tamales? Love those, but oh what a process. For the tacos with kimchee try pork or beef bugogi style in them.
    You need a tortilla press. I have a wooden one I bought at a garage sale from a couple that makes them. To get them thin enough you have to have small tacos. You can make these tostada like things with big thick ones. I forget what they are called. But it is really easy.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    TBH, I can't believe how many people responded with actual taco fillings...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    it's what happens when you cross MySpace with Facebook \m/
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    This one as usual is going downhill fast :drinker:

I prefer mine to have room for meat.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Okay so I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but just LOL! Thanks for the chuckles. I had no idea tacos led to ....... :)

Really? You've been around long enough to know...nice try at denial.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: OMG I THOUGHT THIS WAZ ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LOLOLOLOLOL :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: I WAS GOING TO SAY MEAT IN MY TACO LOLOLOL BUT ITS TRUE I LOVE BEEF IN MY TACO LOLOLOL AND LIKE SOUR CREAM N STUFF LOLOLOL

LOL NO JUST HIS TROLL FRIEND FROM THE PAST
  • alaskaang
    Options

Really? You've been around long enough to know...nice try at denial.

HAHA! Point taken, but every time I try, I mess it up.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My husband.... he has been gone for 2 months. Oh wait wrong taco never mind.
  • alaskaang
    Options

LOL NO JUST HIS TROLL FRIEND FROM THE PAST

Hey now, I don't even know who gasmaster is/was!
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hotdog, peanut butter, jam, captain crunch.

Yes I know this sounds disgusting and no im not pregnant, its amazing!! Don't knock it until you try it!
  • alaskaang
    Options
    TBH, I can't believe how many people responded with actual taco fillings...

Well I had no idea what I was starting! I really was hoping for actual food....

.... for the next food truck! ;)
  • ninipower
    ninipower Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try this taco receipe! I made it with Horse meat instead, it feel more like ground beef:wink:

http://fastpaleo.com/taco-salad/
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A hot beef injection

THIS!!!! Lots of it! :bigsmile:
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Never had a taco. I would love to try one filled with lots of beef, cheese & lettuce.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    For breakfast...I like them with Chorizo, Egg, Beans, Cheese, Potato and Bacon...with a little Ranchero Sauce to top it all off.

Ranchero_wBacon.jpg
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    In Sacramento, we have Tako Korean BBQ. Their Dae Ji Bulgogi (spicy marinated pork) tacos are to die for.
    Come to think of it, all of their tacos, which have Korean meats in a hard, corn, tortilla shell, are incredible !