Can playing with shapes ruin a relationship?

Options
13»

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Heh. Pedal Stool.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3YF-UUe5fPcU-l0uga0q6_TG63AGEJfuatviyhE0FTd8WNSlY
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that they get upset because you rub it in their faces (or that's how it seems). Perhaps you can instead be proud of your child and mention it to his mother & grandparents instead.

Naaa.. They don't like me either. .
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It depends...

If he was throwing the blocks at said friends, the answer is yellow.

This. Listen to this OP. ^^
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Heh. Pedal Stool.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3YF-UUe5fPcU-l0uga0q6_TG63AGEJfuatviyhE0FTd8WNSlY
    WINNER!! :drinker:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if, when you're pointing out that your child is superior, you could also try to show some sympathy for their plight and then end on a bright note...maybe something like "I'm so sorry that you've produced these genetically inferior dullards. It must be so difficult for you, but think of the money you'll save on college tuition!".
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if, when you're pointing out that your child is superior, you could also try to show some sympathy for their plight and then end on a bright note...maybe something like "I'm so sorry that you've produced these genetically inferior dullards. It must be so difficult for you, but think of the money you'll save on college tuition!".

That's a great idea!. . Unfortunately, I doubt they know what 'genetically' means. . or 'tuition'. .
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

That's a great idea!. . Unfortunately, I doubt they know what 'genetically' means. . or 'tuition'. .

Tuition is what smart people use to just figure out stuff. For example, women use their "women's tuition" to know if a man has cheated on them. I guess this poster is saying that they're using their college tuition to just know their kid's not going to college, and yours is.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that they get upset because you rub it in their faces (or that's how it seems).
    If someone rubbed kids coloured shapes in to my face, I'd get upset I reckon!
  • Nurseblondy
    Options
    I had to make sure I read this post right to begin with. Haha
    Some things are better left unsaid. You may know your child is "smarter" or a quick learner, but I wouldn't point it out. What good could possibly come from it? I would never want to bring someone else down to lift my child up. Praising is good, but not at the expense of others.
  • tyoung75
    tyoung75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your kid is smarter than a few responders to your post as well.