Leslie Sansome walking workouts

Options
Is anyone else doing the 5 mile walk DVDs from Leslie Sansome? I just started doing them this week and am up to 2 miles - so that's 5 mph for 24 minutes. It is a workout! Tough to tell how many calories I'm burning though because it's a very brisk walk with a boosted 2 minute jog at the end.

Love to hear about anyone's experience (success) with this workout!

Replies

• JodiSheree
    Options
    I have have been doing the fast and firm quick 4 miles I just started though. It is definitely a workout I do two miles in the morning. And if I'm up to it ill go walking outside. I workout at least four times a week.
  • msgbr
    msgbr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have Leslie as back up now. But lost 20 PDS a few years back doing Leslie 2 mile or 4 in the morning depending on my time and 2 mile in evening. Its a sweaty workout. Loved it!
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my gosh, i'm so far away from doing a 5 mile, but I did do 2 seperate 1 mile workouts the other day. I have quite a few of her videos in anticipation of getting up to 4 and miles :)
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing the 5 mile walk DVDs from Leslie Sansome? I just started doing them this week and am up to 2 miles - so that's 5 mph for 24 minutes. It is a workout! Tough to tell how many calories I'm burning though because it's a very brisk walk with a boosted 2 minute jog at the end.

Love to hear about anyone's experience (success) with this workout!

I have been doing Leslie walks for a little over a year. I have lost almost 60lbs and 5 pant sizes. I think Leslie should be Sainted. LOL She is inspirational, funny and motivating. Wish I would have found her years ago.
  • elainewitch
    elainewitch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do 3 to 5 miles about 5 days a week. Love these videos! I've only done them for about a month but I've lost almost 20 pounds. I count it as low impact aerobics.
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie! When I started in January, it was too icy to do much outside, so I found one of her videos with 7 routines on it. Started barely able to do the one mile beginner, and now am up to her 3 miler. Since then, I've started at the gym -- and am far ahead there from where I would have been without 6 weeks of Leslie first :-P. You will find lots of folks on here who will say her workouts are worthless -- however, especially if you are just starting out, they are invaluable! Better than not moving at all! The first 14 pounds I lost were just Leslie Sansone tapes and logging here.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I started with the 1 mile then upped it to the 2 mile. Now I do the 4 Mile Super Challenge and wear 2lb weighted gloves. The 4 Mile DVD took an hour so I always logged it as 60 minutes of Brisk walking 4 mph. I started with Leslie and lost about 40 pounds, I'm doing TurboFire now but I will always keep Leslie with me especially if I travel. Just toss that DVD in my bag and easy walking where ever I go.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    I have her DVD with the 1 - 5 mile walks (one for each day of the week) I do the 1 mile everday - plus my Curves 3 days a week and walk, walk, walk the rest of the time. I use my FitBit for calories burned. I have done the 3 mile (Weds) and love it. It is a workout!! One day - the 5 mile (it takes about an hour and half to complete)
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    I do her 5 mile walk/run. It is such a great workout. 2 of those miles include her workout band. It is 70 minutes and with hrm I burn between 850 & 1000 calories, depending how much I put into it. I have all of her dvd's and the 5 mile is my favorite. Love them!
  • Karen1962a
    Karen1962a Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have never heard of the Walking workouts but I am certainly going to investigate ! Thanks for the tip.
  • msgbr
    Options
    I started with the 1 mile then upped it to the 2 mile. Now I do the 4 Mile Super Challenge and wear 2lb weighted gloves. The 4 Mile DVD took an hour so I always logged it as 60 minutes of Brisk walking 4 mph. I started with Leslie and lost about 40 pounds, I'm doing TurboFire now but I will always keep Leslie with me especially if I travel. Just toss that DVD in my bag and easy walking where ever I go.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansome work outs, it's whats best for my knees. I have 3 of her dvds that I work out with. All 3 have toning bands or chords. I do have the 5 mile one with the toning band. I just started doing that again today. I did 2 miles this morning and will do 2 miles in the evening. I cannot do a 60 minute work out in one workout, I have to divide my time. . And yes it is indeed a fantastic cardio and toning workout. I have yet to get passed the 3 miles on this one but that's my aim to be able to do the entire dvd. I just love her workouts.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You will love it. Its an all body program. You tone, firm and great cardio. They do have dvd's for beginners as well. Good luck. Let us know how you like them.
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVD set with the 4 mile on it. I have done the 2 mile a couple times now and ready to move up to the 3 mile. I find these to be one of the best workout videos for those who want a good sweat and need to do low impact.
  • msgbr
    Options

That 4 mile super challenge is the one that took the weight off! Ladies, you all have encouraged me to pull out Leslie today! Thanks.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 really big miles 3 to 4 times a week!! I have 4 of her dvds!
  • ARoseinDecember
    Options
    LOVE Leslie! Can't say enough good things. I'd credit about 60 of my lbs. lost to her assistance; I started w/diet first, and did not begin to exercise until I felt I was at a weight where I wouldn't drop dead. LOL

It's so hard to find someone who is not TOTALLY IRRITATING on workout vids, but I don't get tired of her.
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love her workouts. I like the fact that I get cardio plus total body exercise. It is hard to figure the calories burned. I use the miles walked. Leslies are generally 12 minute miles so you can use the 4 or 5 miles per hour. I think the charts give too many calories burned so I rarely eat back all of mine. I have been using the DVD's for the last four years and have lost & kept off over forty pounds. That is including healthier eating. I also like to do pilates. It adds some additional toning & flexibility. I have a DVD that is called ten minute solutions with trainer Suzanne Bowen. You can pick & choose what areas you want to work on. I love the flexibility. I am 57 and so much more flexible than a lot of younger people I know. This one has the bands so you get some good strength training. I think the DVD's are wonderful. I like to take outside walks with my husband but love to be able to exercise whenever I choose by myself. I hope you have great success with Leslie!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansome work outs, it's whats best for my knees. I have 3 of her dvds that I work out with. All 3 have toning bands or chords. I do have the 5 mile one with the toning band. I just started doing that again today. I did 2 miles this morning and will do 2 miles in the evening. I cannot do a 60 minute work out in one workout, I have to divide my time. . And yes it is indeed a fantastic cardio and toning workout. I have yet to get passed the 3 miles on this one but that's my aim to be able to do the entire dvd. I just love her workouts.

thx for the info! I was looking to pick up a DVD that is cardio with toning (AND easy on the knees)
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's work outs I've joined MFP the middle of January and I've lost 20lbs thus far. I do the 3 mile boot camp. It's three 15 minute miles(4 miles per hour). This video is great. She also does a boosted walk and intervals of strength training with the bands. I do it every other day and is able to complete it in it's entirety.. It's so do-able. The days I don't do her video I do the biggest loser with Bob Harper. It"s very good too but a little more challenging.