Leslie Sansome walking workouts

Options

Replies

• Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Some of her walking videos are on Youtube if someone wants to get started before they can get out to find a DVD.
  • newlife0425
    newlife0425 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the 3 mile DVD and I love it....I am wanting to get the 5mile I think it is a different mile each day. I can get up in the morning or on Sunday's when I do not go to the gym I put in her DVD and at least do 1 mile and I think I get 89 calories for 1 mile....But I still break out a sweat......Walking is a great start.
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There are Free videos on her Facebook page under the Walk Social section.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have two of her dvds, the one & two mile brisk walk and then the 1-5 mile walks. I do the 2 mile walk every M-F at 5:30am before work and also walk on my lunch hour in my halls and hit the gym M-Thur and one day of the weekend too. I have been doing her 1 or 2 mile walks for probably 5 years or more now and never get bored with them. I have noticed that when I wear my fit bit the miles don't come out to what the dvd says you are doing, probably due to walking in place I guess.
    They are great workouts you can do inside in your pjs on level ground is why I like them, easy to do when I first wake up before work! They are easy on the knees also and low impact.
    I recommend her dvds to anyone.
    Good luck!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and stories about the walking. I've been doing the 2 mile walk every other day. Not seeing results yet but the only problem I have with it is I'm kind of tired of listening to her say the same things every day! Love her, but it's so repetitive.
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also have the DVD's and LOVE them. They are my go to when I don't really feel like working out, they are fast and I don't have to learn any fancy moves. Good luck everyone. Happy walking!!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and stories about the walking. I've been doing the 2 mile walk every other day. Not seeing results yet but the only problem I have with it is I'm kind of tired of listening to her say the same things every day! Love her, but it's so repetitive.

Sometimes I turn the volume down and just watch the screen and listen to music during it if I get bored with her chatter.
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I found them on YouTube this morning. Looking forward to trying it out.
  • mcva929
    mcva929 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know some of her DVDs (like the 3 and 4 mile challenges) have a "music-only" option. I've been using her DVDs for years, and I tend to use music only since I can quote almost the entire video! If they don't have that option, you can always put on your own music and just follow the moves.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have the 3 mile one and the 5 mile one ..... I finally did the 3 mile one today with no breaks ... I am only up to 2 miles on the 5 mile one
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    I do them! I have a couple 5 mile ones. I usually do all 5 miles, sometimes 4. I just got into them in January when I got my fitbit and wanted an easy way to get in my steps at home. I love her energy, but she does get repetitive. I just got a HRM last week but I burn around 80-90 calories each "mile". We live on the 2nd floor so I have to be mindful of how heavy I walk ;-)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I do her youtube videos muted on one screen while watching youtube videos on another screen. I do it most nights after the children are in bed. The more videos I want to watch the more I have to walk. It works for me. :)
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    I do her youtube videos muted on one screen while watching youtube videos on another screen. I do it most nights after the children are in bed. The more videos I want to watch the more I have to walk. It works for me. :)

That's a good idea!

Often I do Jillian Michaels earlier in the evening and then do Leslie later on to get my step goal and so I don't really put a ton of effort into it, just light walking, and I pass the time holding my iPod touch and pinning stuff on my Pinterest app or liking my friend's Instagram pics ;-)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I also often do a more intense workout prior to this, but I have found intense workouts help build muscle not drop pounds for me. So walking is for the weight loss and the other is for muscles!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing the 5 mile walk DVDs from Leslie Sansome? I just started doing them this week and am up to 2 miles - so that's 5 mph for 24 minutes. It is a workout! Tough to tell how many calories I'm burning though because it's a very brisk walk with a boosted 2 minute jog at the end.

Love to hear about anyone's experience (success) with this workout!

There is a Leslie Sansone group on MFP - you should join!

I am a long time Leslie fan and Five Fat Burning Mile is one of my favorites. Good luck!
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I don't have that one but I got the 3 mile workout I haven't done that in awhile, so how do u like her dvd so far right know im getting back into jillian workout extreme shed and shred and killer bun and thighs
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    ♥ her, ♥ her videos, ♥ using upper body while walking- I do it in public too- don't care how *silly* I might look,
    it's burning calories and building muscle...what do I care what someone else thinks???

.but I'm old school...
    I have some of her first ones on VHS and I like them the best.

It's my MAIN form of exercise, and has been for the last 2 years.........

Looking forward to making past 3 miles- that's as far as I can go right now.

BTW- to the OP-
    According to her website, she suggested using the same calorie burn as low impact aerobics
    or a 4 mile brisk walk- just enter the am't of minutes (it will calculate based on your current weight- if that's recorded accurately)