• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.

Looks like you really toned up.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I agree with this - if things people say online hurt your feelings you should probably just shut your computer off for a minute and regroup... do not let anyone hurt your feelings - especially if they are online.

I do want to add something and I do not want it to be seen as bashing... because its not but I see this comment all too often "i am short, therefore I do not need as many calories' I am short , like child size short re: 4'9.5" and still eat at least 1400 calories a day. So please do not feel that just because you are short you need to eat 1200 calories, so if you do get stuck don't be afraid to increase your calories, I was doing 1200 calories a day and I stopped losing all together... I upped my calories and bam started losing again. Again I mean no disrespect as I know what works for me doesn't work for other. but I thought I would put that out there.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    I agree with this - if things people say online hurt your feelings you should probably just shut your computer off for a minute and regroup... do not let anyone hurt your feelings - especially if they are online.

I do want to add something and I do not want it to be seen as bashing... because its not but I see this comment all too often "i am short, therefore I do not need as many calories' I am short , like child size short re: 4'9.5" and still eat at least 1400 calories a day. So please do not feel that just because you are short you need to eat 1200 calories, so if you do get stuck don't be afraid to increase your calories, I was doing 1200 calories a day and I stopped losing all together... I upped my calories and bam started losing again. Again I mean no disrespect as I know what works for me doesn't work for other. but I thought I would put that out there.

please dont take this the wrong way, but I would say you might want to cut back.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Thanks I'm on 1200 calories a day with a little cardio. I don't want to lift weights as I may get bulky...
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fill me in... I have 70 pounds to lose (female age 38 5'4") to hit my goal and MFP gives me 1390 averaging 1.5 lbs loss a week. 1200 for someone maintaining doesn't sound unreasonable to me?? I'm expect them to drop me. So what is average for maintenance?
  • cntails
    cntails Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    THANKS for the support!! I have try to 1500-1800 it didnt work I have been working my butt off the last month and 1200 calories and now I am losing so I am sticking to it
    HATERS ARE= H-Having A-anger T-Towards E-Everyone R-Reaching S-Success :)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    A lion doesn;t worry himself with how hyenas percieve him

He does if he is weak from having lost muscle mass and energy by not eating enough food...
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If your losing and not hungry at 1200 it must be working so not a bad thing. But I won't say that you can't still lose weight eating more as both ways are ways to lose.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

Thanks I'm on 1200 calories a day with a little cardio. I don't want to lift weights as I may get bulky...

Have you read NRFA? new rules for Abs? Dude your 8 pack could easily be an 12 pack. Man up bro.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    If I don't exercise MFP has me set at 1400 and I am a dude.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options

please dont take this the wrong way, but I would say you might want to cut back.

Why do you say that?
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    haha, thanks for the validation, but I'm a grown-up, and a very short one at that, so the 1200 cal thing doesn't bother me :)

I hear ya, I just see so many comments etc of ppl being mocked for 1800, that it really disturbs me.

Thanks to OP for being thoughtful. :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall - and i eat 1200 calories a day and I'm proud of it.........

I dont think many people have tried to fight me over much at my size. =)

wow! I don't know how you do it.

I'm 6'1" and can't seem to stay under 2000... and that's BEFORE eating back all my exercise calories... some days I'm closer to 3000...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Have you read NRFA? new rules for Abs? Dude your 8 pack could easily be an 12 pack. Man up bro.

Dang it looks like a lot of hard work ,just for a 12 pack. I think I'll pass.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Dont sweat ppl mocking u. If thats what u wana do go for it. Life is too short. Do what works within reason.

They're not gonna get it, you know.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    A lion doesn;t worry himself with how hyenas percieve him

This is AMAZING!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    You're right, everyone can eat what they want. Just don't expect me to listen after they say "egos are nutritious".

Egos ARE nutritious! They're full of self-worth and entitlements.
    Now eggos on the other hand......