This is a great place to make new friends, but....

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've officially had my first creepy mail msg on MFP.... low and behold it was from the original poster :D I feel honored beyond words!!

2s0bpdl.png

geeeee.... this looks familiar... I swear I've seen it before

oh.. and if we want to split hairs...
    if the mirror was ON my zipper, then you'd see yourself ON my pants... the only way you could see yourself IN my pants is if the mirror were IN my pants! lol

ok, well either way...

I just got creeped! WOOT
    048a0ebe47b349b7a433816e6bba5ade@2x.gif
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with people just randomly telling you that you look good? I have gotten a couple messages just saying that I am attractive, and a couple of FR that the message said that was why it was sent. I take it as a compliment, although I'm pretty sure it's just the hat. I better not let the secret out of the bag that I almost never wear a cowboy hat, I usually wear a Justin Boots cap lol.

I have sent at least a couple of friend requests with the very same message. Don't remember messaging a random person saying that, but if I did it would just be a compliment. Nothing more.
    There's a difference between complimenting someone and being creepy. It's hard to explain, but it's one of those things that you know it when you see it. Same thing with being flirty vs. being creepy.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've officially had my first creepy mail msg on MFP.... low and behold it was from the original poster :D I feel honored beyond words!!

2s0bpdl.png

LMFAO!! How YOU doin' baby?! :wink: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options

2s0bpdl.png

geeeee.... this looks familiar... I swear I've seen it before

Hahah she was my inspiration! LOL
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    calm-creep.png
  • runwmeNC
    Options

You can't creep me over and over!!! that's just stalkerish and creeping me out!!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    All of you would be creepers who don't know where to start, feel free to message me for practice. Make them good, you will be graded based on originality. After a few practice messages you will be ready to take on the pretty girls or guys!

I disagree with your implication.
  • Vain_Witch
    Options
    LMAO! I go work out for an hour and this thread blows up! Everyone has such different opinions, it's hysterical!

FYI - There's a HUGE!!!!! difference between telling someone they're doing good, offering motivation, even telling them they're pretty or attractive and being a creep. I definitely believe in motivation (half the point of joining MFP) or just being complimentary. But you can do it without giving off the socially awkward stalker vibe....
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

You can't creep me over and over!!! that's just stalkerish and creeping me out!!

You know you want it. Don't try to run and hide...I'll find you! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I go work out for an hour and this thread blows up! Everyone has such different opinions, it's hysterical!

FYI - There's a HUGE!!!!! difference between telling someone they're doing good, offering motivation, even telling them they're pretty or attractive and being a creep. I definitely believe in motivation (half the point of joining MFP) or just being complimentary. But you can do it without giving off the socially awkward stalker vibe....

awe dayum... and I was just about to tell you that if you'd be my baby...
    IMG-20130120-WA0027-1.jpg
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify what I mean by creepers...

Creepers = Those random people who you've never even interacted with on here but start sending you random messages about how hot you are.

You dont like compliments?
    There's a BIG difference between well-intentioned compliments and creepy...and it bothers me when people suggest that we're supposed to be FLATTERED by someone obviously being a creep. Especially when that crosses over into real life situations and we're expected to appreciate unwanted attention.
  • runwmeNC
    Options
    slchiosie wrote :

FYI - There's a HUGE!!!!! difference between telling someone they're doing good, offering motivation, even telling them they're pretty or attractive and being a creep. I definitely believe in motivation (half the point of joining MFP) or just being complimentary.

But you can do it without giving off the socially awkward stalker vibe....
    [/quote]

You know you want it. Don't try to run and hide...I'll find you! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do you not even read your own advice? Seriously somebody call 911 ! :P
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify what I mean by creepers...

Creepers = Those random people who you've never even interacted with on here but start sending you random messages about how hot you are.

well you do have a pretty profile picture. I don't get those messages so maybe that's the difference. it should be ok to be yourself on here, I have to agree with you, it's a weight loss site.
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

awe dayum... and I was just about to tell you that if you'd be my baby...
    IMG-20130120-WA0027-1.jpg

Hey now, I love a good cuddle as much as the next person! :-D
  • Vain_Witch
    Options
    slchiosie wrote :

FYI - There's a HUGE!!!!! difference between telling someone they're doing good, offering motivation, even telling them they're pretty or attractive and being a creep. I definitely believe in motivation (half the point of joining MFP) or just being complimentary.

But you can do it without giving off the socially awkward stalker vibe....

Do you not even read your own advice? Seriously somebody call 911 ! :P
    [/quote]

Ignore him...he's just playing hard to get... LMAO!
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So, does that make it a compliment if you message someone and say that you'd creep the hell out of them? Cuz the last girl I did that to didn't think so, and neither did the guy informing me of the restraining order.
  • runwmeNC
    Options
    slchiosie wrote :

Ignore him...he's just playing to get hard... LMAO!

Huh? what!!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between complimenting someone and being creepy. It's hard to explain, but it's one of those things that you know it when you see it. Same thing with being flirty vs. being creepy.

i'm guessing the true difference between flirty and creepy lies in how attractive you find the sender lol
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

i'm guessing the true difference between flirty and creepy lies in how attractive you find the sender lol
    Not always. Some pretty attractive guys are much more creepy than some not as attractive guys. It isn't easy to describe, but it is easy to identify.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

OoO, guess I was doing it wrong, my bad...

:flowerforyou: