caveman paleo diet

Options
So I just heard about this diet and has me intregued. I just started to do some research on it but would like to hear from folks that are following it. The good and bad of it.

Replies

• Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Not touching this one!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A patient of ours ( I work in a Physical Therapy Practice) lost a lot of weight doing it and she swears by it...She went from 270 to 137...I say it works. She cut out breads, grains, wheat, and gluten...
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    There are two groups I'm in if you want to direct your questions into there as well:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/621-the-primal-life-tips-from-the-cave
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group

There are definitely people in there who will respond.

I've read Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint and I'm currently reading The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain.
    I've been doing the eating style for about a week and a half now and I'm enjoying it so far. The first few days were fairly rough, as I went cold turkey right into it, but the cravings for carbs has gone down significantly. I've read a lot of different health books in the past, and the paleo/primal way of eating just "fit" with how I think, which I think is helping a lot in the transition. I'm sure more experienced peeps should be able to tell you more.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I have read that it is one of the most expensive diets to follow.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What did you find in the multiple previous threads when you did the easy search?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I actaully just started doing primal a little over a month ago. I was a staunch believer that whole grains were the way to go, but I am in love with how I eat now. I feel more satiated and much happier. http://www.marksdailyapple.com is a great place to start!
  • disappearingme
    Options
    I started last week, just no refind carbs. You can eat Meat, veg, fruit & nuts.
    There's loads of ideas on here in the paleo groups & 100s on Pinterest, I've found it fine & I'm not hungry add me if you like
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options

It really depends on how strict you go. They strongly encourage purchasing all organic, but this isn't realistic for me, so I only buy organic when I can. I personally have saved money by not buying boxed meals or grains, and vegetables are pretty cheap.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    What did you find in the multiple previous threads when you did the easy search?

So you came in just to reply with that? If it bugged you why not just ignore the thread? And aren't message boards supposed to be social? If people just wanted to search they could Google. Message boards are for communicating. Just sayin'.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    research? lol
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I call Bull$hit on this one. You may have heard that, but you heard wrong.
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options

So you came in just to reply with that? If it bugged you why not just ignore the thread? And aren't message boards supposed to be social? If people just wanted to search they could Google. Message boards are for communicating. Just sayin'.

Thanks I couldnt have said it better myself. That is what I have always thought that message board were for chatting about different topics.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It's a diet that divides foods into good and bad.
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm 3 days in and i already feel amazing :)
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    research? lol

why is research funny? did I spell it wrong is there something wrong with trying to find info on something before trying it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What happens if you apply common sense and critical thinking to it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's so easy even a caveman can do it.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    If you prefer to eat those kinds of foods, go for it!! Just don't expect it to be some magic trick. If you are trying to lose fat, a caloric deficit is still the most important factor in my opinion.

FWIW, I am leaner now than I was when I followed a strict paleo diet. That's because I make sure to eat the right amount of calories and I watch my macros.

Good luck!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

awesome
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

:laugh: