How often do you workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I try for every second day. If I go three in between I feel like Im slacking...
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Minimum four days a week. A mix of weight training, cardio, and walking (running on nicer days).

I would like to get to six days a week but my body revolts when I push that far.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Every other day I run between 5-10k (minimum of 60 minutes), and on the other days I lift weights and run 25-30 minutes.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Currently I workout about 5-6 days a week, depending on my schedule. I do cardio all of those days and incorporate strength training type of stuff about 2-3 days a week. When I started MFP about 3 months ago though I mainly stuck with small amounts of cardio (30 minutes or so) about 4-5 times a week. If you're just starting out I would recommend working out to your full potential, but don't overdo it and push yourself too hard either.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    3 out of every 4 days.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do something everyday. I'm currently following a marathon training program and that mandates 4 days of running, 1 day of cross training and 2 rest days - however on the rest days, I still do something. It's usually mellow (like yoga), but I still do something. If I have days off, it just throws my schedule off.

I've also found that, on those rare occassions when I save my workout for night rather than the morning, I'm the biggest grouch ALL DAY LONG without my workout. So, apparently I need daily workouts for my sanity and for the sake of those around me!

I cannot agree more...:happy:
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    6 days. 3 days strength training, 3 days cardio and even on that 7th day, I usually do something yoga, walking.....it's gotten to the point that I don't feel good unless I am physically active.