women who carry their weight in the midsection?!

Options

Replies

• jshot278
    jshot278 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dear, you look fabulous!
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm all belly and I am working on it!

-set to lose 1 lb/week even though I wish I could set it to more - trying to have patience, lose it slow and once and for all
    -4x workout week- mixed weights and cardio
    -got the tupler technique to work on my diastasis recti (split abs) although I haven't started it yet

my before pic, which I haven't posted, makes me look super pregnant. Looking forward to an after pic someday.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

304781_565217266840333_1797283850_n.jpg

Very inspiring :smile:
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! Good for you!!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-170.jpg

I definitely carry my weight in my middle. Here is my progress and an idea of how long it all took.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Yep, that is me. I lost 20 lbs. you can check out my before and after in my picture section.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you my son was born last Christmas eve and still feel like I look a couple months pregnant (granted he was a csection). We need to just keep at it!

I also carry all my weight in my mid section and still look pregnant even though i gave birth over a year ago now. Id say just keep at it, don't give up and focus some of your excersizes on that area x
    [/quote]
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely smashing!!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yup, that is/was me. For me this was also the fastest to go, from my thighs to below the bust. I have no tips then the generic moving more and eating less...a lot less. In previous times my chest was the first to shrink, this time the mid section, of course I had way more to lose this (the last) time.

I have not done any specific exercise in this area either, so far my stomach area is receeding nicely, where I have excess skin is in the inner top of my thighs, I think there are some things we just have no control over.

2iqkht.jpg

Wow!!! You look GREAT!!!!! Holy!!! Way to go!!!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same! ALL of my extra weight is around my tummy, with the rest of me only looking a wee bit chubby! I've lost much more everywhere else than around my tummy, which is so frustrating, since that's the bit i want rid of! Haha, it will happen eventually ... I hope.
  • Ummta
    Ummta Posts: 3
    Options
    I've never even HAD a baby and my midsection is where the majority of my weight is- and RIGHT under my breasts--- so aggravating. The only thing I have heard is CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO and less stress.
  • eastonna
    eastonna Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't have a before picture but it was pretty bad. My little guy is a little over a year now. Here is the after (or so far)
    photo2_zps2f15d6c7.jpg
    Hopefully that works (first time)
    Since September I've lost almost 30 lbs and 20+ inches. 6 of which were off of my waist. I actually almost have abs. I did it with Turbo Fire and no diet change for the first 25lbs and the last 5 came off with diet as well. It is possible it just takes work.
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    progress_zps10e0e19f.png

I'm 5'4 3/4.
    The b4 pic was End of Aug 2011 at 175lbs
    The so far pic was the day after Thanksgiving 2012 at 122lbs
    There isn't any special tips I have. Just eat at a reasonable deficit. Dont starve yourself. Lift weights, do some cardio or just get moving and it will come off as it does. You can't spot reduce, just gotta have patience and lower your body fat %
    I'm 120lbs now. Here is one from recently. If I can do it, anyone can! I looked preggers!
    304781_565217266840333_1797283850_n.jpg

Oh and I haven't had any kids. People always assume I have though.

that is freaking awesome...i hope i have such improvements like yourself
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-170.jpg

I definitely carry my weight in my middle. Here is my progress and an idea of how long it all took.

This is amazing, I like how you lined up your progress pics!

Great job!!
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well you cant reduce fat in just one area. Spot reduction is a myth. If you lose fat, it will be from wherever your body wants to get rid of fat.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    wow, you look awesome!!
  • pli135
    pli135 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You Look Great!!! Really inspire me!! Thanks for sharing your photos and your story. I mean it.
    I have already lost 24 lbs with the Zija weightloss regime..... Then the holidays hit. But even with all my "celebrating" we'll after the holidays, I maintained the loss with my daily Zija nutrition. (Whew). Now I back on the Zija weightloss regime for the next 24lbs.
    Your story and pics give me hope!!! Thanks for the motivation!!! You Rock!!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Is it typical for weight to come off last from your trouble areas?
  • writer_chick
    writer_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so inspired looking at the before and after pictures on this thread!

I carry my weight in my midsection too, and I can tell you--when I lost weight before (from 165 to 127), it went away. I still had a bit of a pooch, but nothing like it is now. And I suspect that pooch would've gone away if I would've targeted it with crunches, etc. Sadly, I chose to eat instead and gained it all back. Just stick with cardio and you'll see it melt off.

We can do it together!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Is it typical for weight to come off last from your trouble areas?

Depends. I never used to carry most of my body fat on my abdomen when I was younger--carried it mostly in my hips and thighs. My belly fat was always the place where I lost it first--and that has been my experience this time around too. But my hips and thighs are still resistant. They are the last places that I lose. So, even though my jeans are big in the waist, and I am wearing a smaller size, they are still tight in the thigh area. And that is genetics--I have my mother's thighs. *sigh*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!