HALP, PLATEAU! SCALE IS STUCK!

Options

Replies

• PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    People, you aren't reading the OP. He's trying to gain weight.

Jeez. People are posting without context again.
    Good point.

Scratch the Tae Bo. Do some heavy lifting to bulk up. Try boxes of paper, if you dare.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You do have access to a pregnant lady ....

Yes
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    In 1998-1999 I succesfully gained 51 lbs with sugar donuts and ice cream...good luck on your weight gain and don't forget to "choose my chocolate". vote now.

my post is in here somewhere buried under all the "golden shower" and "i can see my penis" posts.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have some pink weights you can borrow..... :tongue:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    People, you aren't reading the OP. He's trying to gain weight.

Jeez. People are posting without context again.
    Good point.

Scratch the Tae Bo. Do some heavy lifting to bulk up. Try boxes of paper, if you dare.
    Opps! Then live next door to some fast food restaurant and work there and maybe even do like 30day EJ (Eat Junk) and then check back with us on how it went
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    You keep forgetting to poop

Lol!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into detox baths yet? I drank 2 a day for a week and broke my plateau.

Is that anything like smoking bath salts?

It's a lot milder, but it doesn't restart your metabolism as well.

AND without the zombie side effects!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about concentrating more on your workout than your diet? If you aren't gaining weight, you aren't gaining muscle. When was the last time you did a big change around on your workout? Swap things up big time for 2-3 weeks, then hit your regular workout hard again.

Brilliant. Your muscles aren't confused enough!
    I like to confuse my muscles by asking them to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity in less than 20 words.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about concentrating more on your workout than your diet? If you aren't gaining weight, you aren't gaining muscle. When was the last time you did a big change around on your workout? Swap things up big time for 2-3 weeks, then hit your regular workout hard again.

It's safe to say that my workouts are the closest thing I have to a religion. My idea of changing things up is adding 10 lbs to my training max each month, and occasionally changing what I do for assistance work.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    You keep forgetting to poop

I disagree. i think you are pooping too much. Probably drinking too much water, too.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have some pink weights you can borrow..... :tongue:

Woah, woah, woah! Those pink ones weigh at least 2lbs, op doesn't want to look too bulky! :laugh:
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Yes

Well pregnant ladies are heavy. Pick her up. DUH

Do I have to spell everything out for you???
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Have you considered getting tapeworms?

Sign me up for one please. Or maybe I will just start snorting cocaine.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Brilliant. Your muscles aren't confused enough!
    I like to confuse my muscles by asking them to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity in less than 20 words.

This had me dying :laugh:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Have you considered getting tapeworms?

Sign me up for one please. Or maybe I will just start snorting cocaine.

Too expensive. Tapeworm's cheaper.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

It's safe to say that my workouts are the closest thing I have to a religion. My idea of changing things up is adding 10 lbs to my training max each month, and occasionally changing what I do for assistance work.

i will ask my husband how he got big. he is naturally slender which I kind of like, but i know he's been pretty big in the past. (just gotta figure out how to phrase this without it sounding like an invitation to funky town.)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I adore it when people respond seriously.

I'll be adorable then.

Keep increasing your calories...and don't miss them...ever. Eventually, you'll find an amount that adds weight. For me, it was 3000, but I'm a fairly scrawny guy.

Mostly the purpose of this post is to remind me of the "good old days" of when I was actively trying to add weight...sure, it was just one month ago, but *sniff* how I miss it already. Just need to drop ten pounds and I'll be right back in there fighting the good fight with you.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

i will ask my husband how he got big. he is naturally slender which I kind of like, but i know he's been pretty big in the past. (just gotta figure out how to phrase this without it sounding like an invitation to funky town.)

Surest way to jewellery I have ever heard of.

*GASP* "Oh my dear, how did you get so BIG?" *bats eyelashes*
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Yes

And she's preganat with twins . . . double the babies, double the strength.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    OP, you did not mention bacon, cheeseburgers, or pizza. The answer here should be clear: Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza.