How do YOU eat?!

Options
Just trying to figure out how everyone else is dieting... I'm currently researching CLEAN eating...but either with or without actual meat.

:)

Replies

• kyliebird001
    Options
    gotta love trolls. very interesting guys. *_*
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat "clean", since I've realized doing low carb or low fat isn't going to work for me. Just healthy, balanced foods.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I eat whatever I want and just stay under my allotted calories for the day.

I have read a lot of people have had success with eating clean, but if you are going to change your diet please make sure it is a change for life! As soon as you drop it, you run the risk of gaining again.

That's why I decided to just focus on calories anyway. I know that I could personally never do clean eating or paleo or keto or anything else for life.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    every two hours small portions... like size of my tiny fist.
    No wheat/breads and I don't eat much meat.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Fork, knife, and spoon. Sometimes chopsticks.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I consider those first couple of replies real. I eat what I want to eat and track my calories and macros. I'm not on any type of diet or plan more elaborate than that, and I'm sure the first couple of posters aren't either.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Like jilltaylor, I just eat healthy, unprocessed food. I've done this all my life really to be honest, just now I am more aware of things like protein, and making sure I eat enough calories.

You're welcome to look through my food diary.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation! No foods are off-limits; however, the fewer calories available for the day, the more likely I am to eat filling low cal food rather than junk, so I won't be hungry.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Like Ralphie's brother Randy in The Christmas Story.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I eat what I believe to be a well balanced clean diet 'most' of the time. I need the odd bag of crisps or biscuit to keep me sane but mainly fill my face with salads, nuts, veggies, chicken and fruit. Not a great meat eater but I substitute with Quorn or soya. Odd bit of cream cheese or cheddar but otherwise dairy free too. :smile:
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I have read a lot of people have had success with eating clean, but if you are going to change your diet please make sure it is a change for life! As soon as you drop it, you run the risk of gaining again.

That's why I decided to just focus on calories anyway. I know that I could personally never do clean eating or paleo or keto or anything else for life.

This!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I do eat mostly clean. However, I do not see clean eating as being a weight loss plan. I do it for health reasons. Why put chemicals in my body if I don't have to? (Unless they're delicious chemicals... Like Taco Bell... Note, I did say MOSTLY clean...)

At the moment, I'm training for a lifting competition, so I'm not trying to lose weight. Just trying to find a happy medium for maintenance.

And, yes, clean is a lifetime decision.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I was totally serious. I eat food with my mouth. I'm not following any special set of rules , I eat what I like within my budget.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever is balanced lol, low sodium and fat, high carb and protein while maintaining the correct calorie intake.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not dieting. I'm changing my eating habits permanently. Mostly I stick to whole foods, lots of fruits and veggies, lean meat/fish/eggs, some dairy, limited grains, especially flour. And chocolate. A little sugar (I mean sweets from refined sugar) on the best days, more on the less best days.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat about every 3 hours. I tried low carb and it worked OK til my workouts became more intense and I started running. Now I eat as balanced as possible, with little processed foods and lots of water.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I follow the 80/20 rule - 80% of what I eat is healthy (lots of fruits, veggies, raw, unsalted nuts) and 20% is not so healthy.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    With my hands, like a cave woman.
  • sppride
    sppride Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For my chemistry it seems red meat and dairy products hold up weight loss. I'm eating alot more fruit and whole grains. Basically the trick is to find foods with the right amount of calories that will keep you full. Fiber is also something people need in their diet from beans and cereal. Digestive health is also good - so yogurt is a good food to have and is low calorie and since it's not pasturized it doesn't seem to cause problems with weightloss. That's what works for me :)
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

^^^Pretty much this^^^