How do YOU eat?!

Options

Replies

• SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what clean eating is. If it's what I think, no processed food, then that is the way I eat whether thinking about my weight or not. How I eat is also tracking the calories in the food I normally eat. It is easiest for me to change portions than to change the food I eat.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Some people are so f'ing rude! Obviously the OP is asking for a reason...and I'm pretty sure it's not for dumb *kitten* replies!!

I eat about every 3 hours. I tried low carb and it worked OK til my workouts became more intense and I started running. Now I eat as balanced as possible, with little processed foods and lots of water.

Some people are just joking to lighten the mood.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I think about every single thing that goes into my mouth. Lots of raw veggies, homemade soups, unprocessed food, fruits. None of the obvious unhealthy things,
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Pescatarian but that's it for 'diet', I eat normal foods, just watch portion sizes, mostly healthy but with treats thrown in when I want them.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I *try* to eat more fruits and vegetables, more fiber, more protein, and less fat, carbs and sodium. I still eat everything I want (I have pepperoni pizza every Thursday) but I limit the portions and adjust the rest of my meals for the day to make it fit in. I am not giving up anything I love, but I don't value some of my previous favorites as much as I used to either.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Through both ends. The bottom end does have taste buds..I can confirm this!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Paleo
    You can eat:

Meat (organic, grassfed)
    Eggs
    Vegetables (not corn, which is a grain, not a vegetable)
    Fruits
    Nuts (except for peanuts which aren’t really nuts at all, they are legumes)
    Seeds

You can’t eat:

Peanuts
    Beans
    Anything processed
    SUGAR
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    With lots of tongue
  • kyliebird001
    Options
    thanks for all the helpful replies guys! :D
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this, I wondered how ppl ate also. I eat pretty much everything (except chips) that I used to but less of it so I stay within my calorie limit. I try to eat more of the veggies that I do like and when it comes to bread, I eat the sara lee 45 calorie multi-grain cause it's low in calories and still taste good. For me just watching my calories means I eat less potatoes and starches.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    lots of protein,
    Medium good carbs and fiber
    low fat,sugar and salt
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I eat very well. Six times a day, and within my calorie limit. I don't leave anything out except if I have gone off it.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want and just stay under my allotted calories for the day.

I have read a lot of people have had success with eating clean, but if you are going to change your diet please make sure it is a change for life! As soon as you drop it, you run the risk of gaining again.

That's why I decided to just focus on calories anyway. I know that I could personally never do clean eating or paleo or keto or anything else for life.

This. I have cleaned up my diet a lot, but still eat out and have a cookie every now and then. I HAVE to have meat since I started lifting heavy, so being a vegetarian is not something that I could fathom right now.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. I just watch how much of it I actually eat.

Never changing what I'm eating because I know I'll end up binging on it.
    Everything in moderation is my mantra when it comes to food :smile:

Feel free to add me and check my diary for more details :smile:
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as little processed food as possible, whole grains and veggies everyday. Beside that it's mostly a question of staying under my cals and keeping within my macros 80 % of the time
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    With lots of tongue

that is always a GREAT way to eat.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want within my calorie allotment. I could never eat "clean" forever. I think I'd die haha! Just kidding. I like ice cream, mac and cheese, Italian food, etc. too much. It is a lifestyle you're after so eat how you would want to eat the rest of your life. Though, I eat fairly well throughout the day.
  • Joeypox
    Joeypox Posts: 37
    Options
    Some people go with "IIFYM" or If it fits you macros. Basically eat whatever you want if it fits your carbs, protein and fats. I do clean eating. I just feel better and fuller and healthier. I eat small meals 6 to 7 times a day. I basically eat every 2 hours. It just works for me better. It is a personal preference tho.

For clean eating, there are some many changes that you can make while still being able satiate craving.

I am not one to say "eat high this and low that" because I feel like everyone's bodies react different to different things at different phases in their journey (for example I did low carbs for a while and helped until I was at a plateau and needed carbs to get to the next level."

Listen to your body! Good luck!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I track my calories and macros and then eat anything I want that fits.
  • kyliebird001
    Options
    Some people go with "IIFYM" or If it fits you macros. Basically eat whatever you want if it fits your carbs, protein and fats. I do clean eating. I just feel better and fuller and healthier. I eat small meals 6 to 7 times a day. I basically eat every 2 hours. It just works for me better. It is a personal preference tho.

For clean eating, there are some many changes that you can make while still being able satiate craving.

I am not one to say "eat high this and low that" because I feel like everyone's bodies react different to different things at different phases in their journey (for example I did low carbs for a while and helped until I was at a plateau and needed carbs to get to the next level."

Listen to your body! Good luck!

any advice on where i can find a formula to find my nec. macros??