I NEED SNEAKER ADVICE!

Options
2»

Replies

• SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love New Balance because they have Wide, which makes it more comfortable for me when walking/jogging. When Bob's didn't have the shoes in stock anymore, I went to ****'s sporting goods and fell in love with Sacouny. I also wear orthodics in my shoes, which make a world of difference for my knees and foot pain.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love asics. I would say if your shins and ankles hurt you may need to ease the mileage but it never hurts to go to a running store and do a run test. You don't have to buy shoes but they will give you an idea what you should be looking for based off of how your foot strikes the ground, your pronation and arch.

for a quick look you can visit asicsusa.com and do a foot type test and then look at what shoes in their line up may work for you. You can do this for several shoe brands. I made a list of all the shoes in each brand and went and tried many on and bought two pairs that I like the overall fit.

Asics are my favorite but I have also found great shoes from New Balance, Saucony and Mizuno.
  • aareeyesee
    aareeyesee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also another thing that I found really handy. I wear boots for work and I use RedWings. If you goto a RedWing shoe store they have a computer that you step on and it takes pressure patterns on your foot and tells you your exact size per foot and arch type with shoe suggestions. Of course, you may not need any Redwings. Thank the clerk and go to any of the major shoe makers like Brooks, Asics, Etc. and they have there flagship model running shoes in all widths and sizes. I personally wear a 8.5EE. I had no idea there was such a thing as a EE until I went to the Redwing store. But they fit perfect. Also, if you have 2 different size feet many of the major manufactures will accommodate you.