Do you or don't you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I dont either. Im gonna get one now because I think I may be over training and one sign is an elevated heart rate. :)

Highly recommend for training. It does give you valuable info!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have because I like to keep track of my heart rate so that I don't go too fast and get tired quick.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl with some pretty ample lady lumps. I wear it just below my bra-like vertically below, not tucked under. I don't have troubles with rubbing and marks unless it needs to be "smallened" again (it does rub and stuff if I've shrunk and it's gotten loose). I like the data-so I wear it.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I wear my strap tightened well and position it so it is directly underneath the band of my sportsbra (as in the bra lays over the top of it on my body, not that the HRM strap is physically lower than the bra). The only time I ever had issues were the very occasional bit of rubbing of the top of the transmitter against the bottom of my breasts when I started getting up into the double digit training runs.

So I just added rubbing a bit of the anti-chafe product I use for my feet to that area and never had another issue ever again.

If it's chafing around the strap itself, you probably don't have it tight enough.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I wear mine. Use a little Vaseline, chamois cream, or Body Glide on spots where the strap might rub--or anywhere you tend to get blisters or chafing, from feet on up. A good anti-chafing strategy is a must for a runner!
  • Happylady123
    Options
    HR?sorry dont use that, i usually run with a BoNNarh
    Okay, whatever, just don't run with the scissors. :sick:
  • Happylady123
    Options
    I wear mine. Use a little Vaseline, chamois cream, or Body Glide on spots where the strap might rub--or anywhere you tend to get blisters or chafing, from feet on up. A good anti-chafing strategy is a must for a runner!

Thanks! I will def. try that!
  • Happylady123
    Options
    I wear my strap tightened well and position it so it is directly underneath the band of my sportsbra (as in the bra lays over the top of it on my body, not that the HRM strap is physically lower than the bra). The only time I ever had issues were the very occasional bit of rubbing of the top of the transmitter against the bottom of my breasts when I started getting up into the double digit training runs.

So I just added rubbing a bit of the anti-chafe product I use for my feet to that area and never had another issue ever again.

If it's chafing around the strap itself, you probably don't have it tight enough.

That is exactly how I wear mine. It is the hard plastic part of the monitor itself that is rubbing against me. I am pretty lean there. I think the anti chafing stuff will be worth looking into!