Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, this may be a good read for those that are just upping their calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm right around there, too. Usually just under 1400.
  • shazzacass
    shazzacass Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Howdi Ladies, I am on 1400 per day but also delving into the exercise cals ....... Scales not moving much .... So mission for Feb is to leave the exercise cals alone. I know it will be difficult as we will have o/s rels from the UK staying with us for 1/2 of it ... Bu I will do my very best, and until they arrive, there really is no excuse. Wsh me luck.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I try to net between 1350 and 1450 per day, and have been doing so for probably 6 to 8 months. I moved states, and don't have reliable internet access, so there are loooooong stretches where I didn't log. However, my diary is open, and I've been pretty consistent with logging for the past month or so, so feel free to check out what's there.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    1420-1500 for me :)
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    1440. My diary is open. I am a vegetarian though :) I am consistantly under by a couple hundred calories though. I have went over once by 500 on an evening out though recently. I eat my workout cals back.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am at 1500 (started at 1480 and then upped it to 1600 and just changed it down to 1500 for a little bit faster results and cause at school I tend to go over a little, so this way I can go over and be where I was)
    I have been having success with this, especially having a high protein diet, I have it set to 40 30 30 (carb, pro, fat) and sometimes still go over on protein. My diary is public if you want to check it out

also I eat some or all of my exercise calories back usually
  • alidav74
    Options
    I was on 1200 but think that was too low so now 1400 too. See how that goes :)
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1480 right here!
  • carijok
    carijok Posts: 32
    Options
    Well I WAS at 1400 til I lost ten pounds and MFP rewards me by taking away 70 cals a day..... Fine... I guess I didn't need that slice of cheese anyway you *kitten*.

When I pretended I didn't care about Being overweight I would regularly eat three thousand cals a day. Now I feel grossly full if I get anywhere near two. That hasn't happened in awhile tho, since I rather like actually losing weight instead of just wishing I could. Add me up ladies:)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    OK, this is strange. You just posted in defense of 1200 calories and jumped all over the people who tried to tell you this was not a good idea. Now you do this? What's up?

aren't people allowed to change their mind or try out alternative approaches to see if they work?
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Well I WAS at 1400 til I lost ten pounds and MFP rewards me by taking away 70 cals a day..... Fine... I guess I didn't need that slice of cheese anyway you *kitten*.

When I pretended I didn't care about Being overweight I would regularly eat three thousand cals a day. Now I feel grossly full if I get anywhere near two. That hasn't happened in awhile tho, since I rather like actually losing weight instead of just wishing I could. Add me up ladies:)

My husband tells the best stories of me cussing inventively after MFP stole calories from me the first time. I'd only just figured out how to work with the amount I was given.

On the main point, I'm lowering to 1,400 on Monday. I did the math recently and I feel that I could reach goal this year if I work at it hard enough.

As to the website that was posted, it tells me I should be eating around 1,100 calories a day if I want to hit goal in the next 365 days. It's the only website I've found that has told me anything near that low. I'm going to go ahead and disregard that calculation.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    MFP set mine at 1490 but I try to stay under 1400. Feel free to add me!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    1472 here (only upped them from 1400 today). Feel free to look at my diary. :)
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Just changed mine to 1475 (my BMR). Before I was trying to eat around 1,000 a day but I kept bingeing and ended up with 2000+ calories some days. My highest day was 4,000+ calories. I hope upping it will stop that.

Also trying to NET that much now. I was aiming for negative net calories but that wasn't working LOL.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1420, I started on 1200 but plateaued for 3months until I began to accidentally consume an extra 300 calories per day. When I realized I was eating more but losing I upped my goal. I have never ever lost weight as quickly or as easily as I have since increasing my calories, it's great!
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Im at 1410 at the moment, with an open diary. With my curernt weight, thsi is the cals to lose 1lb per week
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    i am like many women on this post who started at 1200 and saw great results however didnt realise it was detramental to my metabolism. 2 weeks ago tommorrow, i upped my calories to approx 1400 and i feel so much better. i am going to keep increasing calories every 2 weeks. best of luck!
  • Charliegirl1974
    Charliegirl1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200, and can't even seem to eat that much but I'm always eating?! Confused. Is it because I'm a veggie? I tend to up my calories by sticking a glass of vino at the end which is not good!