Do you eat anything after dinner?

Options

Replies

• missmyzte
    missmyzte Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to avoid all heavy carbs (bread, rice, pasta, etc.) after lunchtime. It takes about 5 hours for the body to process carbs into energy so carbs later in the day serve no purpose and lead to weight gain. I thought he was crazy and a bit too extreme so I asked my doctor and she confirmed. Even knowing that it's hard for me to follow, I enjoy carbs too much.

That being said, a protein-based snack like almonds or Greek yogurt is always good.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If I have a deficit (which I usually do post-dinner) and I'm hungry, sure!
  • mcknjack
    Options
    I'm just starting out with MFP, but I've curbed my evening "snackies" with 1/2 T chia seeds and one scoop of a protein shake in coconut/almond milk. We eat dinner at 5pm (kids) and I usually don't go to bed until 12 or 1 a.m. I found it impossible to go 7 or 8 hours after dinner without a snack. In the past, I made poor choices - leftovers, ice cream, sandwiches - but since starting with MFP, I've been accountable with my calories and nutrients. It helps a LOT!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I sure do. Most of my calories I eat are after dinner.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Yes, I eat second dinner. No joke, I always have a bunch of calories left after dinner and awhile before I go to bed, so I eat a second meal. usually this consists of eggs and fruit, or yogurt with stuff in it.
  • kdb4321
    Options
    I do best if I plan for a snack, like some fruit or popcorn.
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Couple of lite crackers with some peanut butter works great for curbing at bed time.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Oh yes! I try to have enough calories left for hummus and lentil chips. Really miss it when I can't have it! The majority of my cals are eaten between 6-10pm.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I just ate Cheetos and a Baby Ruth. Yum!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat at night and you have calories for it and it fits your preferences, do it. You do not gain more fat by eating at night given an equal comparison of cals/macros.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Just finished a fresh orange....some nights I have dark chocolate & dip it in peanut butter, and the other night I had a scoop of coffee ice cream with chocolate cookies. :bigsmile:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I do my workout in the late evening, after dinner, and am enjoying my after-workout grapes as I type.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I eat about 8 times a day so yeah! Little oats and chocolate fudge chip bar from Trader Joe's like every night for reals! :-9
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    For some reason my stomach just shuts off after 7pm. I hate large dinners, and eating late. I have acid reflux and am in horrible pain if I eat too close to bed, or God forbid, drink some wine. I usually eat my dinner calories at around 4, including ice cream. (My favorite!) Then if I overdo it there's still time in the day to work it off.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I usually leave room for some ice cream or a fruit pop.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Blue bell fudge pop
    and or a PB sandwich

Blue bell fudge pop
    and cottage cheese.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    i cant go to bed without some frozen yogurt and blueberries. its my sweet treat haha. x
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I usually eat a snack around 8:30 or 9, with dinner being around 5-6 pm. Mainly because I have roommates and I don't want to bug them with my stomach growling, if I were alone I'd probably eat less in the evenings.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I always have something. Normally a banana PB honey wrap, chocolate rice cakes or cottage cheese with fruit.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It depends, last night I had 3 wholegrain crackers and some cheese as I was about 500 cals under for the day.

Generally though if I'm hungry I'll eat something.