Foods that are fulfilling that have very few calories

Options
So...what are some great suggestions for food to munch on when starving to death that will not pack on the calories. Anything OTHER than ricecakes.

Replies

• kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    A small apple is around 76 calories.
    Yogurt - those are around 80 calories.
    Almonds - nuts have the most healthiest fats you'll ever need. Boosts metabolism too.
    Granola bars - around 90 calories, definitely a good way to keep you full for a while.
    Cereal with low fat milk only.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    -Popcorn (air popped or a 'lite' microwave version)
    -Plain Greek yogurt, flavored with fruit and truvia
    -Spaghetti squash with cooked veggies (I like red peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli) topped with the pasta sauce of your choice and some protein like chicken if you want
    -One apple cut into thin slices an dusted with cinnamon
    -veggies and Greek yogurt dip
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    Oat meal!
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Tilapia...yum
  • mintedtea
    mintedtea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, nuts, bananas, avocado, whole wheat toast, low calorie wraps with meat/tuna/peanut butter, scrambled egg whites, green smoothies, almond milk, apples or celery with nut butter, grapes, berries covered in yogurt and frozen. Just some ideas.
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100 2Xprotein yogurt. It's really yummy!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies..especially broccoli and cucumbers, peppers and cauliflower....all great!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to; cucumber slices tossed with 1 tsp of hidden valley ranch dressing (the powder mix). :-)
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1 6oz 0% raspberry flavor chobani greek yogurt
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 packet truvia

Mix

So yummy
  • travelcoffeemug
    travelcoffeemug Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Apples (with cinnamon-yum!)
    Carrots & hummus
    Red bell peppers

Most vegetables and a lot of fruits will fill you up without too many calories. Also, like Nauriel said, yogurt (nonfat) is great, and so is popcorn (without all the fake butter/salt).
  • aree2525
    aree2525 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My favorites are broccoli, cauliflower, 'the meat'-cabage, carrot, of an egg role- 1/4 of the entire pan is 40 calories!!! , Also really like 1/2 c of Fiber one 51% fiber and 1/2 c of cottage cheese - all for 87 calories!!!!! Cottage cheese packs in protein with few calories! Some yogurts are 110 calories for a whole cup. These are a few of mine.! :)
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I usually have almonds throughout the day, in between meals, to ward off hunger. I also love the Fiber One 90 calorie bars and the Fiber One 80 calorie cereals. They have a chocolate one I just tried and it's sooooooo good and helps with the chocolate cravings lol. But like the previous poster said, apples are great too. Small Fuji apples are like 55 calories.
    And I found this salad dressing made by Walden Farms that's calorie free, sugar free, and fat free and tastes really good too. And they come in every possible flavor. I make a salad and throw in some grilled chicken and it's so yummy. And they're awesome marinades too :)
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Any fruit (I like blueberries, strawberries, and cantaloupe). Sometimes I mix a little bit of each and make myself a little fruit salad for less than 200 calories! A banana is also a good choice. Any type of fruit will do really; just pick your favorite.

Dried fruit is also good. Dried apricots are amazing! They are sweet so I always feel like I'm eating candy.

Healthy Choice has some really good frozen Greek yogurt; each container has only has 100 calories. You can find it next to their products in the frozen dinner aisle.

Skinny Cow makes some yummy low calorie snacks if you need your chocolate fix (like me!). I like their dreamy clusters and their divine filled chocolates (these are new, so you can't find them everywhere).

If you're like me and don't like almonds or peanuts, cashews are also good. They have a lot of fat and calories, but they are really good for you!

That's all I can think of at the moment! I hope I helped!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My fave is a fat free yogurt (around 40cals) with frozen berries (around 40 cals / half cup) and a sprinkle of granola (my brand is 80cals/ quarter cup). I put it in the bowl on the counter and let it sit 5-10 minutes, so the berries start to defrost and freeze the yogurt - almost like ice cream, and very filling.
  • dee__s
    dee__s Posts: 30
    Options
    strawberries.. and cheese but not too much! its actualy really filling and a really good source of protein
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Mix peanut butter and chia seeds, 1 part PB to 3 parts chia seeds. One tablespoon will keep you going for quite a while. Do make sure to keep hydrated, though. The chia seeds will absorb water and expand into a gel, so you need to have sufficient water that they don't take it all up. Worked for the Aztecs....
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check on the count for the nuts before you eat them and count them out exactly. A cup of whole almonds is 827 calories, and I know that when I'm ridiculously hungry, a cup is about what I want to toss down. Nuts add up VERY quickly, so I'm not sure that they fall into your qualification of a low calorie impact.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to; cucumber slices tossed with 1 tsp of hidden valley ranch dressing (the powder mix). :-)

Mm. Love this idea!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Red pepper with hummus is my fav.