zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Confetti Slaw/Rainbow Slaw

Red Cabage (One head)
    Green Cabage (One head)
    2 Apples
    Carrots (3-4 large)
    Raisins
    Yogurt (1 pint)

Shred the first four ingrediants. Mix together. Add raisins and yogurt and mix again. Yummy and very low calorie!
  • That sounds awesome.....I got to try that soon.
  • raw veggies with hommus :)
  • Tilapia...yum
    Me and anything from the sea do not mix well. I tend to throw up.
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    So...what are some great suggestions for food to munch on when starving to death that will not pack on the calories. Anything OTHER than ricecakes.

These are delicious! No bake energy balls - http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
    About 84 calories each. They keep well in the fridge for at least a week (they never last that long here :-) or freeze them and pop them into ziplock bags and they'll be good to go in time for the morning snack. And Broccoli with Mizithra cheese Or just blanched (i think that's the process) broccoli with a bit of garlic and crushed red pepper. Those are my favorite snacks!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cabbage.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    I meant to answer the original question, too. I'm a huge fan of stir fry mix, steamed. I buy it frozen and it's 25 calories a cup. If I like, I can eat an entire bag for a whopping 125 calories. It's a pretty good deal, I think.
  • Confetti Slaw/Rainbow Slaw

Red Cabage (One head)
    Green Cabage (One head)
    2 Apples
    Carrots (3-4 large)
    Raisins
    Yogurt (1 pint)

Shred the first four ingrediants. Mix together. Add raisins and yogurt and mix again. Yummy and very low calorie!
    I am going to have to try that. Bet it makes you gassy, but I am sure it is tasty. Thanks :)
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 738 Member
    Popcorn for me! I have an Anchor Hocking microwave popper that pops without oil. I pop 3 TBS and it is 110 calories.
  • My favorite go to; cucumber slices tossed with 1 tsp of hidden valley ranch dressing (the powder mix). :-)
    Friggin YUM!!!!!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Fibre 1 brownies....:love:
    100 calories of pure heaven.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    The only thing that has ever worked for me long term is to eat a small serving of protein with some veggies every three hours. I heard this a hundred times before I actually tried it. I felt like I was always eating and would never lose weight. Turns out it really does boost your metabolism and you will lose weight if you exercise regularly.
  • Mix peanut butter and chia seeds, 1 part PB to 3 parts chia seeds. One tablespoon will keep you going for quite a while. Do make sure to keep hydrated, though. The chia seeds will absorb water and expand into a gel, so you need to have sufficient water that they don't take it all up. Worked for the Aztecs....
    Where does one obtain Chia Seeds???
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    My go tos….

Baby carrots with 1 T light ranch dressing… or that spray dressing on occasion.
    Small can of tuna (70 calories) mixed with 1 T light ranch dressing, eat on celery.
    Fruit of your choice cut up with a spoonful or two of light greek yogurt… for extra sweetness, crunch up 1 PB/Dark Choc granola bar

Sweet tooth … I love Endangered Species dark chocolate with blueberries or with cranberries/almonds. One square of a bar is < 30 calories and one or two will stop my chocolate/sweet cravings.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Egg whites scrambled with salsa on top, apple, Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt, light cheese sticks, and it's too bad you don't like fish because i could name a whole bunch that are filling and lo-cal. I think it's important to try to include some protein and fiber to satiate yourself and stay full longer. For example, cucumbers have few cals but also little of anything else to keep you full.
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Dannon Greek 80 calorie, blueberry. It is a bigger container than most yogurts at 150 grams. Mix it up good and it is so creamy and good! Also Fiber One 90 calorie brownie is great. Sandwich thins, whole wheat, only 100 cal., add turkey and it's very low calorie.
  • hc83
    hc83 Posts: 23
    I love my Kale, blueberry, banana, flax seed smoothie. Dr. Joel Fuhrman is the king of high nutrient foods. good luck.
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Chicken breast and raw broccoli.
  • I love this site. You people are all so helpful. Much love to you all :flowerforyou:
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Bump