1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    FTR - being on a medically supervised diet due to some reason or another listen to your doctor by all means but just know that most doctors have very little actual knowledge of nutrition.

My Dr. actually said "you know, I really don't know the ins and out of this but I can send you to a nutritionist who specializes in this kind of thing."

Gastric bypass patients are also different..

as for PCOS - I do not have it so I know nothing about it, I have a friend who does tho and she eats 1600 calories a day, she just watches her carbs and has no problems.

If it works for you good on ya... if you get stuck don't whine or post "why is this not working" or "I am so discouraged I want to quit threads" because everyone here who told you to eat more willl probably come back and said "I told you so"

Idk much ab PCOS either, but I have a friend who lifts heavy and eats like 1900 cals. She does great too!
  • Kelseybee13
    Options
    I had a difficult time in the beginning but now that I am eating better and eating smaller meals but about five times a day I feel so much more full in comparison to the two or three huge meals I would eat before. I also eat some of the calories I earn from exercise but that's only if I do tough cardio. That always makes me hungry after.
  • linda6032
    linda6032 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calories now. Usually add a couple hundred more from exercise. Works for me and I am losing weight on this. If I gain a lot of calories from exercise and don't feel hungry then I don't eat it all. Previously I was only eating 800 calories. That was extremely hard and it wasn't working -- my weight just stayed the same. I went to a nutritionist who did some tests on me and told me I should be eating 1450 calories just to maintain. So I tried that. And indeed, I maintained at 1450 (plus whatever calories I got from exercise). After a year of that, I dropped down to 1200 calories this year and have lost 5 pounds this month, so I am finally happy and on my way to goal.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    FTR - being on a medically supervised diet due to some reason or another listen to your doctor by all means but just know that most doctors have very little actual knowledge of nutrition.

My Dr. actually said "you know, I really don't know the ins and out of this but I can send you to a nutritionist who specializes in this kind of thing."

as for PCOS - I do not have it so I know nothing about it, I have a friend who does tho and she eats 1600 calories a day, she just watches her carbs and has no problems.

If it works for you good on ya... if you get stuck don't whine or post "why is this not working" or "I am so discouraged I want to quit threads" because everyone here who told you to eat more willl probably come back and said "I told you so"

Idk much ab PCOS either, but I have a friend who lifts heavy and eats like 1900 cals. She does great too!

PCOS here and eat 2000 calories a day. Most women with PCOS don't have to eat a low calorie diet, though watching sugars and carbs can be beneficial. There appears to be some people here who DO struggle with PCOS and their weight loss and started this 'I have PCOS so I have to starve myself" movement.. :grumble:
  • josieconnellan
    josieconnellan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to stick to 1200 calories, but truth is I exercise 6 days a week so have at least 400-800 extra calories a day to play with. Some days I even eat my exercise calories and more, but generally I've been using the 1200 calories plus an extra 300 calories most days. I know I should be eating just 1200 calories, but I do struggle with this. Generally I'm only having an extra piece of fruit here and there and that will bump me up over the daily intake. Anyone else struggling to eat only 1200 calories ??
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    would you eat more police like it if the 1200 calorie people showed up in a person who is eating 1600 calories and told them to eat less even though they seemed to be perfectly fine just like the 1200 calorie people in this thread? i highly doubt it. it's trolling.

People do that all the time... :huh:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

PCOS here and eat 2000 calories a day. Most women with PCOS don't have to eat a low calorie diet, though watching sugars and carbs can be beneficial. There appears to be some people here who DO struggle with PCOS and their weight loss and started this 'I have PCOS so I have to starve myself" movement.. :grumble:

I'm so glad you posted this! I know everyone is different, but surely no one NEEDS to starve themselves to lose weight. Most people eat 1200 by choice, not because they have to to lose. Unless they weigh hardly anything at all or are shorties, but getting up and moving can fix that. I think most people are just misinformed and dont know any other way. I know that's what it was with me. And my ED made it hard for me to up them. I was really nervous & upped them by like 50 each week, jumping on the scale all the time tryin to monitor it, but I managed. And nothing happened, no weight gain. So if I can do it, others surely can. I feel better now too.
  • lucyandpoppy1993
    Options
    I've just started today, have gone a bit over (1528) but don't mind really. I think the most important thing is to try and get a balanced diet and get extra exersize calories so you can have a bit of give. xx
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

saw those too. quit it already. the sad realization thread was stupid. she's at a healthy body fat percentage now and just wants a reason to whine about nothing.

U like stalking these threads & getting all defensive about it when people try to give others a little knowledge about what they're doing to their bodies, don't you?
    The sad realization thread wasn't stupid...it was a true story. Just because she is at a healthy body fat %, doesn't mean she can't complain. She lost quite a bit of muscle from the beginning, that was the whole point. And while it's true that you will lose some muscle while eating a deficit no matter what, eating enough calories & protein will keep it to a minimal.

I saw this thread and commented. Not sure how that equates to stalking anything. These threads annoy me, so I comment on them. The word "stalking" doesn't seem like the correct term to describe what I do. Stalking is usually used to mean stalking a person, not a topic. Can you stalk a topic? I think you might be stalking me now though. hmmmmmm, you defriended me and now you're stalking me.

The o.p. merely asked for friends who are in the same category as she is. She did not ask for snarky posts telling her that she is starving herself.
  • smruggles
    smruggles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been for a LONG, LONG time... but I just found this article on the message boards and it's BRILLIANT! So I just upped my calorie intake, as I've been doing 1200 with 4 a week workouts and not lost any weight! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am becuase that is what I should be taking in at 4ft 10in. Im petite well not so much anymore after haivng two daughters 19 months apart the youngest will be 1yr March 9th.My calorie intake is much better now lost 10 lbs since jan 1st woohoo and looking forward to losing all the baby wieght finally.:smile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 calories, and then have another 400 calorie meal every day.

LoL! :drinker:
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options

The word "most" is inaccurate and far too blanket a statement and people should be advised, when dealing with a disorder like PCOS, to follow medical advice. I am on a medically supervised 1200 calorie diet with PCOS and have lost 0 of my LBM even over my previous 60lb loss and have never starved.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That would be a super small girl. Most of the girls I eat fall in the range of 350,000 to 600,000 calories.

That is too funny.

I eat 1300, gives me a little wiggle room--plus I'm trying to figure out my maintenance calories.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a little confused.....we are all here @ MFP for the same goal...to be healthier and feel happier in our own skin, wether you are losing, gaining, getting in better shape, etc. While we are all basically "built the same" we are all VERY different in how we function. Some can do quite well on 1200 calories, some cannot. This community is meant to be SUPPORTIVE. If you don't have something supportive to say then please don't. When someone does say something supportive, take it for what it is...or ignore it, but please stop the bickering!!!!!!!

To the ORIGINAL poster of this thread:

I'm on 1200 calories for a few weeks to get my body started (Hypothyroid....my system needs to be "shocked" so to speak) however I do eat my exercise calories so I eat between 1400-1600 calories. I know how my body works and know I will need to bump up some days and down others. I wish you luck and feel free to add me and we can always compare diaries for ideas.:smile:
  • staceyshaffer
    Options
    I'm on 1200 and over on sugar after breakfast. I've lost 4 lbs after 5 weeks. Not the results I expected, but I keep at it. After reading, 2 lbs per week loss is a very high expectation. I've lowered my expectations from 2lbs loss per week to 1.5 lb loss per week, it up'd my calories to 1460 per day. I hope this helps.
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for a while and am successful. It's not easy since I don't work out (yes, I know I should) and sometimes I go over on weekends, but so far, so good.

There's a 1200 calorie group here :)
  • clapenator
    clapenator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Under 1200 here...
  • misymousie
    Options
    1200 or less here! It's no problem. Lost 5 lbs in less than a month. I'm happy! My secrete is not to eat a lot for super and never eat after 6pm.
  • Charliegirl1974
    Charliegirl1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 but every time I complete the diary it says hat based on my food diary and exercise, I'm eating too few calories to lose anything. I thought I was eating well? Help!
This discussion has been closed.