Did you know? ((my cheesy little game))

Options
Share your words of wisdom! You're statement doesn't have to be a proven true fact, but it should have a hint of truth :laugh:

For example (here's my "did you know" fact)

Did you know that MFP is one of the few websites where it's actually ok to take pics of yourself semi-naked?

Replies

• DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Did you know that when you get jolted awake 'cause you feel like you're falling, is actually a temporary disconnect between your brain and muscles, could also be classified as a mini seisure.
  • kristina_m92
    kristina_m92 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did you know the humming bird is the only bird that can fly backwards?

( Wouldn't you know I had to google this lol)
  • HopeAnchorstheSoul
    HopeAnchorstheSoul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Did you know that mosquitos are attracted to certain types of DNA? That's why they bite some people more than others.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Did you know holding in you "pee" causes headaches :embarassed: gross thougth huh?
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Did you know that the Earth is closer to the Sun in the winter than in the summer?
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the Earth is closer to the Sun in the winter than in the summer?

Did you know that the previous statement was racist toward continents other than the Americas =P
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Did you know the 7 main food groups in order of importance are bacon, vegetables, fruits, legumes, cereals, meat and dairy?
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The Earth's rotation was slightly changed by the earthquake in Chile(Feb 27, 2010) shortening the days. Also that a city was moved 10 feet, and that the rip in Earth's crust shifted the city of Concepción that much to the west.

The earthquake was 8.8 =)
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Did you know that most headaches are caused by dehydration and can be cured by drinking 8-12 ounces of water?
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    Did you know that we have a similar number of hairs on our body to a chimpanzee!! :noway:
    Although (thankfully) ours are mainly finer and more invisible than a chimps. :happy:
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Did you know the leading cause of drowning is water? BE CAREFUL.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Did you know 11% of people are left handed.........

Did you know the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes......

Did you know armadillos have 4 babies at a time and are all the same sex....

Did you know cats spend 66% of their life asleep....

-Google.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Did you know the leading cause of drowning is water? BE CAREFUL.

I knew it! Over consumption can certainly cause death and internal drowning! :grumble:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Did you know that today, I had my first solid bowel movement in two days? :drinker:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Did you know that electrical stimulation of an area of the brain called the angular gyrus can cause an 'out of body' experience?

That's what happens to me every time I eat bacon.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    did you know the original name for butterfly was flutterby.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Did you know that vermicomposting could produce tea?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Did you know that vermicomposting could produce tea?

Without consulting Google, I do believe that this "tea" is just a bioactive mixture, not tea as in Earl Gray.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Did you know that contrary to popular belief, the Great Wall of China cannot be seen from space.