1100 calorie diet!!!

Options
this is a typical day of my 20month old, 11kg daughter who doesnt put weight on easily.

Breakfast:
1.5 weet bix with 1/4 cup non dairy milk (intolerant), mango chunks and a tsp of chia seeds. 150cals.

Snack:
1/2 PB and banana sandwhich (or sometimes just fruit) 175cals.

Lunch:
Meat, veg and fruit. 125cal

Snack:
1/2 PB and banana sandwhich 175 cal

Afternoon bottle:
Coconut cream and a cup of non dairy milk and sometmes honey150cal

Dinner:
Meat, fruit and veg (and smetimes pasta) 125cal

Nightime bottle:
same thing 150cal

Adds up to 1110 calories per day

Now... tell me why you are 5x plus her bodyweight and intend to eat the same amount :)

Replies

• martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I think she should be on at least 2500 calories, lifting HEAVY 4 days a week, and doing zero cardio. It's the ONLY way she's going to grow up with a beach body. At 1100 calories you are setting here up for failure. She will have no energy, her hair will fall out, she will loose any muscle she may have been born with and will look skinny fat which we all know looks horrible.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    u see this ppl? take a good look . and take a good look at OP , she is in better shape than most women here and she EATS double most of ur calories . good post
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I think she should be on at least 2500 calories, lifting HEAVY 4 days a week, and doing zero cardio. It's the ONLY way she's going to grow up with a beach body. At 1100 calories you are setting here up for failure. She will have no energy, her hair will fall out, she will loose any muscle she may have been born with and will look skinny fat which we all know looks horrible.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Haha! This really puts things into perspective :happy:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

bahahahahaha
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    This is when i wish i could teleport
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    this is a typical day of my 20month old, 11kg daughter who doesnt put weight on easily.

Breakfast:
    1.5 weet bix with 1/4 cup non dairy milk (intolerant), mango chunks and a tsp of chia seeds. 150cals.

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Afternoon bottle:

Dinner:

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

Now... tell me why you are 5x plus her bodyweight and intend to eat the same amount :)

the sad thing is, so many people will come on here, see this and follow it...
  • babyblake11
    Options

Breakfast:

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Afternoon bottle:

Dinner:

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

didnt think of that!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Love your post, and could not agree more!
    It is so important to eat enough and to fuel our bodies and workouts!
    A year ago I was happily living off around 1100-1300 kcal, now I am eating at least double, if not more!
    And I love it to be able to eat, without being scared of food or gaining!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Breakfast:

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Afternoon bottle:

Dinner:

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

didnt think of that!
    The night-time bottle may get them thinking though....but you never know on the other hand
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've just totted up my 2 and a half year old's diet, she's 22lb so around the same as your daughter and she takes in around 1500 - 2000 cals a day.

I completely get what you're saying as 1100 really isn't a good level for an adult however you can't really compare the energy needs of a growing child to those of an adult trying to lose weight.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wish I ate as healthy...I'm TOTALLY impressed (but I do get your point); I just recently "adjusted" my daily calories :):):)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is not even enough of food for my children. Need more food than that. JS
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I agree. I'm skinny fat because of eating so low while trying to build muscle and burn fat. I'm losing hair, period has stopped, dry skin, ect....Not fun. I was a lot nicer looking and felt so much better before i even started.
  • babyblake11
    Options

I agree. I'm skinny fat because of eating so low while trying to build muscle and burn fat. I'm losing hair, period has stopped, dry skin, ect....Not fun. I was a lot nicer looking and felt so much better before i even started.

read the post please!
  • alexbusnello
    Options
  • alexbusnello
    Options

read the post please!

I read it over again and noticed the age. Now i feel stupid... It's like people aren't allowed to make small mistakes anymore.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Dont feel stupid, just laugh ;) It happens, we misread and in the context of the thread, you made a funny.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like they way she keeps her metabolism going by eating so many meals per day :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The real question is - how much can she bench?