Options

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    False comparison is false.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    this is a typical day of my 20month old, 11kg daughter who doesnt put weight on easily.

Breakfast:
    1.5 weet bix with 1/4 cup non dairy milk (intolerant), mango chunks and a tsp of chia seeds. 150cals.

Snack:
    1/2 PB and banana sandwhich (or sometimes just fruit) 175cals.

Lunch:
    Meat, veg and fruit. 125cal

Snack:
    1/2 PB and banana sandwhich 175 cal

Afternoon bottle:
    Coconut cream and a cup of non dairy milk and sometmes honey150cal

Dinner:
    Meat, fruit and veg (and smetimes pasta) 125cal

Nightime bottle:
    same thing 150cal

Adds up to 1110 calories per day

Now... tell me why you are 5x plus her bodyweight and intend to eat the same amount :)

I heart you! I felt terrible on so little calories, i made the mistake and then started to eat! :)
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4, 40yrs old, and sit at a desk all day..... and when I am working out I eat 2600 calories a day to maintain.....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Not looking to start a fight, but not all facts are necessarily presented
    a) she's growing so her metabolism is working much faster
    b) I bet she runs around all day playing burning way more calories than I do sitting at my desk for 10 hours

Just a couple of things that I feel that also need to be considered....

I would imagine at her daughters tiny weight, she is still expending less energy than a person carrying 100-200lbs of weight on their body... I could be wrong though.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yup, anyone that eats anything below 2000 is totally anorexic.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    but the true test is if she has a thigh gap...don't even talk to me unless she has a thigh gap.

:noway:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Not looking to start a fight, but not all facts are necessarily presented
    a) she's growing so her metabolism is working much faster
    b) I bet she runs around all day playing burning way more calories than I do sitting at my desk for 10 hours

Just a couple of things that I feel that also need to be considered....

I would imagine at her daughters tiny weight, she is still expending less energy than a person carrying 100-200lbs of weight on their body... I could be wrong though.

Her daughter is growing *every* day in some form. Brain development, organ development, height, weight. etc. She actually is expanding much more energy than you think.

Which is why, OP, I totally get what you're trying to do... but it's a biiiiit of a fallacy.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yup, anyone that eats anything below 2000 is totally anorexic.

That's a strawman, too... IS THIS WHAT TODAY IS GOING TO BRING?
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well, she's a growing girl! I am, hopefully, a shrinking one.
    ;-)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If that's what MFP sets for a sedentary person of a certain weigh with a cert ain target.....are you arguing with the system?

I see what you're saying, but she is trying to get bigger (growth through cell division rather than weight gain) while MOST of us on here are trying to get smaller. And not everyone can work out to excess in order to take on loads of extra calories - for example my knees are shot so anything like running is a no no.

I think the amount MFP has set for me (a smidge over 1200) is a good amount - I can keep full by eating healthily and eat treats by exercising.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Oh, so this is the sort of bashing they were talking about.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Healthiest 20 M.O. in the history of the world. Chia seeds!

I hope to be this awesome some day, my kids will eat like this! ( I hope )
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If that's what MFP sets for a sedentary person of a certain weigh with a cert ain target.....are you arguing with the system?

MFP doesn't set anyone at 1100. It won't go below 1200, and that's with the assumption that you will eat more if you exercise.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

I see what you're saying, but she is trying to get bigger (growth through cell division rather than weight gain) while MOST of us on here are trying to get smaller. And not everyone can work out to excess in order to take on loads of extra calories - for example my knees are shot so anything like running is a no no.

I think the amount MFP has set for me (a smidge over 1200) is a good amount - I can keep full by eating healthily and eat treats by exercising.

You don't need to run to eat extra calories and bad knees is a complete excuse...I have a torn ACL in my left knee and my sacrum is inflamed and I have permanent nerve damage in my right hip from falling off a horse, oh and I have a under active thyroid and I am pre menopause... need I go on ???..
    I still eat over 2000 calories a day usually and I have dropped 3 pant sizes in the past 9 months

and YES we are arguing with the system because people do not follow it properly, they don't eat their exercise calories back.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    False comparison is false.

Please say that again.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

You don't need to run to eat extra calories and bad knees is a complete excuse...I have a torn ACL in my left knee and my sacrum is inflamed and I have permanent nerve damage in my right hip from falling off a horse, oh and I have a under active thyroid and I am pre menopause... need I go on ???..

and YES we are arguing with the system because people do not follow it properly, they don't eat their exercise calories back.

:flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

the sad thing is, so many people will come on here, see this and follow it...

The OP clearly states this is her 11 month old daughter calorie intake not hers! god you self rightious plonkers, read before you jump in!

please explain how my comment makes me a 'self rightious plonker'? do you actually understand english!?
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    this is fantastic. Thanks for posting!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

and I assume you don't exercise right? because that 1200 is your NET, not your total. If you exercise you need to eat more.

that's the one massive flaw with MFP and I don't know why they haven't fixed it to make folks aware of that issue.