To have 1 or more kids

Options
I have two children at the moment, but see my 6 year old every second weekend. So me and my husband have the baby of 5 months now and we cant decide if we want another child. I have a lot of mixed feellings about it.

I have always wanted 2 kids in the house and would like to try for a girl, but I dont know if I want to put my body through it again. How many of you have had 3 full term pregnancies and regained your bodies back? More importantly how much loose stomach skin do you have after 3 pregnancies? I am not one of those lucky ladies that dont get marks or my skin just shrinks right back to normal.

I have loose skin after 2 pregnancies and am afraid of the more deflated balloon look around and falling over my belly button. I know the older you get the less elastic your skin becomes so dont even want to imagine what my stomach might look like after another pregnancy.

I know it sound like a selfish reason not to have another child, but I know I wont like myself if my skin is even more saggy than it is at the moment and know I wont ever be able to go for a tummy tuck.

Whats the pro's and cons of one or more children?

Are all only children spoilt ?

Oh and please if you want to leave a rude or sarcastic message - please rather not leave any at all thanks.

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Oh and please if you want to leave a rude or sarcastic message - please rather not leave any at all thanks.

You can't tell me what to do.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin after 2 pregnancies and am afraid of the more deflated balloon look around and falling over my belly button. I know the older you get the less elastic your skin becomes so dont even want to imagine what my stomach might look like after another pregnancy.

I know it sound like a selfish reason not to have another child, but I know I wont like myself if my skin is even more saggy than it is at the moment and know I wont ever be able to go for a tummy tuck.

If this is your primary concern or one of them, I'd say stick with what you have. Enjoy your two beautiful children. There are many people in this world that can't even have one.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should stop now. You really shouldn't even have the possibility to direct any resentment towards a child for making your skin saggy.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

LIKE +1000
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    generally the rule of thumb is, if you have to ask these questions on a public fitness site forum, you're better off saying NO.

so just NO.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    If you're so unsure about having another child that you're asking strangers for pros & cons, then don't have another child.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

If this is your primary concern or one of them, I'd say stick with what you have. Enjoy your two beautiful children. There are many people in this world that can't even have one.

AGREE!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If you're so unsure about having another child that you're asking strangers for pros & cons, then don't have another child.
    Bingo. Stick with the ones you've got.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    generally the rule of thumb is, if you have to ask these questions on a public fitness site forum, you're better off saying NO.

so just NO.

^^^^ Agree with Alex
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Kids suck, sell the ones you have and go on vacation!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should stop now. You really shouldn't even have the possibility to direct any resentment towards a child for making your skin saggy.

My thoughts exactly. I am dying for kids, and I don't care what it might do to my body. If they aren't worth it to you, then don't bring them into this world. They don't ask to be born.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Is it rude or sarcastic to say that it is sad that you are even asking this? It's a baby...a beautiful wonderful thing, and you are worried about your skin? It is what it is...you bring blessings into the world, and then you do your best to kick but, and not worry about it.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

This...a 1,000 times this.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Selfish to worry about loose skin :huh:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Also this. Free country (and site)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You won't be young forever. As you age, your breasts will sag and your skin will become more loose whether or not you have any more children.
    Personally, I will still be loving and enjoying my seven children long after my looks have faded.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

^^^This

I'm of the opinion that you should that this sort of decision should be based solely on whether you feel your family is complete, or not. But really, if you are that concerned about your body afterwards, you probably shouldn't have more children.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have two children at the moment, but see my 6 year old every second weekend. So me and my husband have the baby of 5 months now and we cant decide if we want another child. I have a lot of mixed feellings about it.

I have always wanted 2 kids in the house and would like to try for a girl, but I dont know if I want to put my body through it again. How many of you have had 3 full term pregnancies and regained your bodies back? More importantly how much loose stomach skin do you have after 3 pregnancies? I am not one of those lucky ladies that dont get marks or my skin just shrinks right back to normal.

Whats the pro's and cons of one or more children?

Are all only children spoilt ?

You seem like a great mom. If you are worried so much about loose skin maybe you should adopt.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    crank em out like puppies!

Then when you get a reality tv show out of it you can afford skin reduction surgery.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    crank em out like puppies!

Then when you get a reality tv show out of it you can afford skin reduction surgery.

Yes!!!