Getting Baby-Ready and Healthy

Options
2»

Replies

• EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    So awesome to see so many people in the same boat as me! I'm 24 and have been married for a year and a half. My husband and I aren't really TTC but we aren't trying NOT to either. :)
    My number one goal is not a number on the scale but just to be happy and healthy for my future kids and to be able to set a good example for them regarding eating habits, exercise and self-esteem.

Everyone feel free to add me! :)
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Same here! Not TTC not not TTC :P I do have fears that I will lose all this weight and THEN get pregnant and gain it all back. :P Anyone is always free to add me
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Losing 20-30 lbs of weight gave me two boys in less than 2 years after trying for more than 7 years!.

Funny thing is when I get around 185-190 lbs, I end up pregnant! I am so hoping that doesn't happen this time as I would like to "enjoy it" for a while this time instead of getting big and pregnant again!

Good Luck Mommies-2-be! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get healthy for years now....I'm losing inches, and my clothes are getting smaller...but for some reason I can't drop the weight! Frustrating, but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. We have an almost 2 year old, and just starting TTC for #2 last week. Feel free to add me!

Good luck! :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 35 and have a 3 year old and a 1 year old (who will be 4 and 2 in June and May respectively). I'm thinking of TTC a 3rd when my daughter turns 2.

I put on a lot of weight in her pregnancy, and I've lost all of it and more, but my BMI is still 26. While I know BMI is a load of crap, I still want it under 25! I'm hoping that when/if I do decide to have another baby, I'll be so used to logging on MFP that I will continue to do so and minimise weight gain.
  • Lee648
    Lee648 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I want to start trying this summer and I know that the extra weight will not help. I won't be able to get to my "ideal" weight by then, but any extra weight off will definitly help! I'm going to be 31 so I have alot of motivation to get some babies here sooner than later! :) Please feel free to add me!
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    I am so glad that there are so many wonderful and supportive people here! MFP also has some great groups for those who are TTC. Feel free to add me for support :-)
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too... I am 27, been ttc for about 18 months now. I'm not hugely obese - am 5 7 and 168.... but am carrying on my weight loss journey to see if that could be the answer, as I don't want to start with IUI yet...

good luck people, you can do it

Rachel
    xx
  • mandyhuot7
    mandyhuot7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm not married yet but just recently started a great relationship with a wonderful guy, and I am trying to lose weight to prepare for my future (hopefully- marriage and children) with him.

I'm aiming to reach 140 by July, but we'll see. Feel free to message me whenever you're in a rut. I've been there.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 & in the same boat trying to lose some weight & get healthy so me & my partner can start trying for a baby.

Feel free to add me, it would be nice to have a good support group to keep motivated