Polar FT4 brand new-- not working. (please any advice!)

Options
13»

Replies

• nje444
    nje444 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi Polar FT4 Owners,

Do you know how to delete past Training Files? When i first got the watch, I was messing around with the settings and now have 3 or 4 files saved that are more or less blank/non workouts.
  • nje444
    nje444 Posts: 62
    Options
    Ok ladies, I just tried something weird... I shoved it under the underwire in my bra and it's back working.... try tightening the strap to UNCOMFORTABLE, spit on it and lodge it there!

Thats not weird at all! I use my sports bra to help support it and keep it in place. Sometimes it slides a little the more I move and sweat
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Just wanted to update, after working with Polar customer service, they first replaces the transmitter and it was still having the same problems. No change. 00 readings or "check transmitter" or super high glitchy readings.

Then I asked them to replace the strap. Did the trick! Used the new strap this morning and it worked like new!
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Which transmitter sensor do you guys have cause I haven't had any problems at all with my polar HRM
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I spoke with Polar tech support today, and they were very helpful! They instructed me to remove the backing of the battery from the monitor (not watch) and take the battery out and leave it out for three minutes to reset the sensor. Then we put the battery back in, and I put on the monitor and turned on the watch.. and voila, it was picking up an actual heart rate, not telling me I had a heart rate of 00. Maybe this will be useful info for someone else!

I'm going to give this one a try. We'll see.
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 a couple of days ago, you have to put it right under your boobs ladies.

As the monitor has to be where your heart is, for it to transmit properly. I played around with mine and it has to be tight (not too tight though!!) and it has to be up the right way too, like others have said.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to have packed it in after only a month. Either the battery in the strap is faulty i dunno, it was playing up a few times, then the last few days it wont register at all or today it did but regardless of what i was doing it said my Heart Rate wouldn't go any lower then 168bpm, which is the upper maximum i reach when jogging or going flat chat on a cardio machine, so obviously incorrect. and to counter check that i have a Blood Pressure monitor and that read my heart rate at 90 :)

Trying a new battery tomorrow to see if that is the issue, Hopefully.

and to the above aslong as it is on your upper abdoment it will register, it doesn't have to be right under the boobs, infact atleast as a guy with moobs that it registers more accurately lower down and just under the breast area is restrictive anyway. But thats me.
  • ClaytonPurdon
    Options
    cool how does that help ?
  • ClaytonPurdon
    Options
    Cool