INSANITY!!!

Options
Have any of y'all done insanity? If so, tell me about it please! I am supposed to start it Monday with a friend :)

Replies

• chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    totally awesome.

watch your form. don't try and keep up with the pros. don't let tania get the best of you. and just remember to dig deeper :)
  • collegegirl2428
    collegegirl2428 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i just started it on Mon...so i have completed thru day 3....it is INTENSE.... i have lost 2 pounds since monday though!!! i am sore all over but cant wait to go home and do the next workout...good luck!!!!!
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    totally awesome.

watch your form. don't try and keep up with the pros. don't let tania get the best of you. and just remember to dig deeper :)

Yeah, Tania's a f****r.
    :devil:
  • LisaMia66
    Options
    Yes, definitely don't overdo it and don't try to keep up with everyone if you're too tired. Slow down a bit and go at your own pace if you need to. Then catch back up with them when your energy returns. You'll be sure to sweat no matter your endurance level. Make sure you drink LOTS of water before, during and after the workouts. Good luck! You're going to see awesome results!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I hated it. I can jump around and do burpbees and push ups without a dvd
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I am on day 25 of the 60 day challenge and loving it. It can be abit overwhelming in the beginning but it does get better. Expect to be very sore for the first couple of weeks or so.

Like the others said, go at your own pace and rest when you need it.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I hated it. I can jump around and do burpbees and push ups without a dvd

I can see why it would annoy people.
    I do think it's very love/hate - no in between.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and stay off the scale... it can get discouraging otherwise.

Do your best and pick someone on the video that you can try and keep up with.

Expect to need breaks and take em... and jump right back in when you can. Let the video keep rolling because your breaks will be shorter as a result.

Enjoy yourself and enjoy the view of the oh-so-awesome Shaun T.

Kick some *kitten* and keep us posted on your progress!!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this Monday too!! I was supposed to start tomorrow but I'm borrowing it from my sister, and the soonest I can get to see her to pick it up is Monday, so I'm starting Monday night. I'll add you as a friend and we can cheer each other on!!!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: Tania was shaun t's best man at his wedding :)
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I loved it and hated it both at the same time!! I am currently on round 2!
    As others have said, go at you own pace, the joy of working out at home is you can sweat, shout, swear, pant and not have to worry about anyone else. The only person you're competing with is yourself and you'll find you will want to do better than you did last time!

Keep going, even if you have a blip, just keep going, it's hard work but so worth it!!

A tip for month 2, I used to just get out of my bed and shove on my workout gear have a banana and get on with it.....fine for month one but definitely not for month 2! I quickly worked out that that is not enough fuel to get you thru, I would advise you (as I was advised) to have two pieces of toast with jam about an hour before.....definitely did the trick...altho you will find your own fuel.

Make sure you drink plenty water during and after, and buy a good quality protein shake to have after ( if all else fails low fat drinking chocolate mixed with skimmed/semi skimmed milk is a good substitute) .

Just do your best and enjoy it!!!
    Shaun T is definitely eye candy to see you thru!!!
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Really....for some reason I'm not so keen on Tania, could be green eyed monster syndrome, I'm sure she's a lovely lady!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with it. I hate doing it but I love when I finish the workout. I've had to really back off of my lifting - especially legs while doing this dvd. I'm finishing up my 4th week on Friday.

I only do it M-F with co-workers so Sat/Sun I take a break or do something else. I also try and workout my upper body a few times a week at night.

It's hard but it's worth it.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LOVE INSANITY!!! Just got my T-Shirt in the mail in fact....Did it twice :)

First time, was a bit challenging...like pre-season college track...but SUPER FUN.

The second time ending I think right before xmas I doubled the workouts ending the program in about 6 weeks...there is NO overdoing what your body says you can or cannot handle...the key to insanity is only go as fast and as hard as YOU CAN...you can always push yourself harder.

(Side note) and I can't stand Tania! She looks at the camera way too much as if 'look at me..." love Ariel though. But not surpised Shaun had her as a best man, he is gay...

DIG DEEPER AND GOOD LUCK!!!
  • AshleeEP4
    AshleeEP4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a love hate relationship. I have had p90x for 4 years, and I have had INSANITY for 2 going on 3 years. I just bought Rock'n Body. I have not completed any of them which makes me disappointed though keeping in mind, trying to accomplish this during college is tough. I have trouble sticking with it everyday because everyday is different. After I am doing the work outs all I can think about is food. So I know now to try and figure out a meal plan that one, is tasty but two, is healthy and filling. Mind over matter. I would love to start it up again because I can see that it works. Having a buddy would be nice way to start :) Good luck!!
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! This is all very helpful! I will keep you posted on my progress!
  • BigDougie1211
    Options

Fun Fact - Tania is actually a Terminator.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Fun Fact - Tania is actually a Terminator.

This!

Insanity is awesome, I am creeping into month two and its just amazing!
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I actually read an article that said Tania had made a deal with the Devil.
    She sold her soul in return for superhuman levels of physical fitness.
    When it came to collection time she was dragged to the Underworld and sentenced to perform barefoot switch-kicks on a lego strewn floor for all eternity!
    But as she was in such great shape, she was able to battle her way out of Hell. Switch kicking Demons and despatching Hell Hounds with a succession of power knees. She finally Power Jumped over the lake of fire and made it back to our World.
    But she wasn't able to break the contract, which still stands and the Devil got his payment.
    That's why Tania has no shadow and no soul!
  • mhuff29
    mhuff29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lasted 30 days then got wrist surgery...now that i am recovered I am doing p90x which I will follow up with insanity.