INSANITY!!!

Options

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    One more day before i enter recovery week. I must admit I am abit disappointment with my scale so far though when I did my last measurement almost 2 weeks ago I had lost some inches.

Over the past 4 weeks I have lost 2.4 lb by the end of week 1, lost 0.2 lb by end of week 2, gained 1.6 lb end of week 3 and and gained 1.8 lb at end of week 4! so currently i am actually 0.8 lb heavier than when I started insanity almost 4 weeks ago.

Though I am not following the meal plan, I try to eat healthy. Despite me falling out with the scale, I am throdding on as I do feel better and look alot better. It could also be down to TOM and other factors.

Anyone else noticed minimal weight loss? For those who have lost a large amount of weight, how far into the programme did you start noticing weight loss. I am hoping it will start falling off in month 2!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Josh also annoys me when he's the reason I have to hold my hip flexor stretch for ages while Shaun fixes his leg

LMAO! Yesterday when he did that I was like F*ckin JOSH!!

I am on month 2 week 2 and I am loving it. When I am done I plan on taking a month off (and by "off" I mean go back to the gym) and then start it up again.

I like the fact that I didn't have to go out and buy equipment and I don't need a ton of space.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Tip: Learn to tune out Tania

For everything else, you'll be fine
  • mavedote
    Options
    I found that using ice packs on thighs and calves after the first week made a HUGE difference. Could go deeper into workouts, quicker recovery, and definitely less soreness. I highly recommend it! Good Luck all
  • MrsBHobbs
    Options
    Week 3 soreness is there everyday the scales are really not moving much.... so glad I am not the only person. Taking measurements tomorrow. I can see a differnece in my strength and endurance and my clothes are fitting better.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have one more day to complete week 2 of Insanity. I really like it and I am actually getting really good results. I have lost almost 3 lbs since starting it 2 weeks ago, and before that I had been on a plateau for about 6 weeks. You really have to watch your diet, because it does make you really hungry and you need to eat to fuel your body for the CRAZY workouts!! I highly recommend drinking protein shakes while doing insanity too. I did a couple of days without it and it was such a HUGE difference. You have so much more energy and it makes the muscle pain a lot less. I usually use vanilla whey protein with vanilla almond milk and I drink half before and half when I am done. Works wonders!!

The only thing I don't like about it, is that I am starting to see myself getting bored with it. I need variety, and I love going to the gym, so being at home every day is not my favorite thing, plus with the circuits you get a lot of repetition. But, if you don't have a gym membership this is a great program to get you great results! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend as I log in every day and love to support!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    One more day before i enter recovery week. I must admit I am abit disappointment with my scale so far though when I did my last measurement almost 2 weeks ago I had lost some inches.

Over the past 4 weeks I have lost 2.4 lb by the end of week 1, lost 0.2 lb by end of week 2, gained 1.6 lb end of week 3 and and gained 1.8 lb at end of week 4! so currently i am actually 0.8 lb heavier than when I started insanity almost 4 weeks ago.

Though I am not following the meal plan, I try to eat healthy. Despite me falling out with the scale, I am throdding on as I do feel better and look alot better. It could also be down to TOM and other factors.

Anyone else noticed minimal weight loss? For those who have lost a large amount of weight, how far into the programme did you start noticing weight loss. I am hoping it will start falling off in month 2!

I'm not seeing much movement on the scale but I do see parts of my body shaping up. I've also talked to a few people who have done it before and they say the 2nd month is where you get the most results. Hang in there. I'm finishing Wk 4 in about 30 min.
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I think you have to remember that you are building muscle, and that weighs more than fat. Stay of the scales, keep going you're doing great, you need to concentrate on how your clothes fit and the measurements you have taken, don't get hung up on weight!

I'm not great with my diet too, but I'm finding the cellulite on my stomach hard to shift, we all have our hangups!

Just keeping doing what you're doing and the weightless may well come along too!
  • AngieD2203
    Options
    I'm in my recovery week.
    I've had sometime to form my opinions and do my Tania based research.

You're funny haha!!!
  • domwe30
    Options
    Hey, I'm kind of new to MFP - so please be nice to me! :-) - and started Insanity in January - I'm just going into Week 3.

I've found it really tough as expected and I was quite fit for being so overweight before I started - at 5"10 and 242 pounds I really hoped I'd see weightloss by now but I haven't :-( Trying not to get discouraged though, because a few people have commented that I look like I've lost weight and I definitely feel stronger / clothes feel more comfortable. I also have PCOS and think the nutrition plan is good for me because it's low GI.

I have weak knees so although I power through the Insanity workout as best I can, I do modify some of the moves (e.g. some of the jumps, I do as squats instead). I figure if I can't do a certain move yet, I can at least "be moving"!

Really trying not to let the lack of weightloss get to me, as I'm hopeful I'll see it by the end of the programme but wondered if anyone else who is very overweight is doing Insanity and further through than me?

I have to say though, I love it!! I'm really determined and following the nutrition plan exactly - although I am suprised my calories need to be so high. Does anyone think I should reduce my calorie intake slightly with not being able to do the whole workout without taking some breaks? I've got a HRM (which also counts calories) and it reckons I'm burning approx 500 per workout?

Any advice appreciated, sorry for such a long post. None of my friends are overweight, so I feel like I don't really have any 'buddies' going through this process...(cue violins...!)
  • AngieD2203
    Options
    Having been a little overweight when I started insanity I remember thinking I wasn't seeing results in the first month and going onto the teambeachbody message boards looking this very subject up.

A lot of people said they really started seeing a difference in month 2, all I can tell you is that this - for me anyway - is true, the last 3 or 4 of weeks I really began to see a difference!
    You sound like you are already feeling results, and weight is not always the best gauge, as like I said previously, muscle weighs more than fat, but as your clothes are fitting better and you're feeling stronger then you are already chasing the results you will achieve when you work to you goal!
    I am now on round two, 3rd week in and I am now having people comment on my weightloss, which was a total ego boost! Saying that, it's the results I seen in the mirror that motivated me to keep going.

You're already doing great, keep going!!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The pause button is your friend!

When Shaun T says to recover...get your heart rate down. You may need the pause button to do that when you first start out.
  • tobe120pounds
    tobe120pounds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tania's a slut.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If you are a fatty like me be prepared for almost dying... Today I do the 2nd fit test so 15 days in, it does get better but do not give up. On day 3 I literally was sure I was going to have to have my legs amputated, couldn't do stairs and the handicapped stall was a life saver when going to the bathroom.

People always forget to mention how frucking horrible the DOMS are in the beginning. I had issues putting my shoes on and if I could have curled up into the fetal position I probably would have however; that was totally not an option because getting down in the the fetal position would have required the use of the muscles that were trying to kill me. Remember Water... lots and lots of water, do not try to keep pace with the folks in the video and DO NOT get upset if you cannot do all the moved. I JUST mastered the whole push-up jack *kitten*...

If I cannot do a move - re: pushup jacks or moving pushups i normally just do regular pushups - ALWAYS try the move but usually end up doing the regular push-up.

Oh and put the scale away - do not step on it or you will get frustrated.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    domwe, I am feeling quite similar seeing the scale is barely budging but i do feel and look better in my eyes. Lost inches here and there though so trying to ignore what the scale shows.

I am 5'8" and currently at 152.6 lb

In recovery week so hoping when I start month 2 exercises there will be some weight loss. I am enjoying the programme and feel alot better week on week so that is the main thing right now.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    :wink: aj_31 and angie, thanks for your kind words. I will keel throdding on
  • AshleeEP4
    AshleeEP4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    March 24th is going to be the end of my first cycle of workouts (INSANITY). I want to just lose. There is not specific weight amount set at this time because I don't want the pressure of disappointment. I am just putting this out there with telling people because then I feel accountable and prove that I can actually and finally stick to this. Love and support is what will help.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I started it on Monday ( fitt test on Sunday) so day 2 in , my calfs are killing me, but other than that I feel great. I was going to do it 4 times a week but I'm hooked already, can't wait for tomorrow's workout.

Having said that, I thought I was going to die during the workout,. I don't tink I've sweat like that since a soccer tournament in my teens whern it was 37-40C in the shade and we had no spares...lol

Just drink lots of water and power though, I had to modify a few moves and I definitely can't keep up with everyone in the video, but I managed to keep moving thoughout and I know that next time I can do it a little bit faster.

Good luck
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 days away from finishing and it's changed my life! My advice:

1. THROW AWAY YOUR SCALE: 5 lbs of muscle is smaller, takes up less space than 5 lbs of fat. If you have to weigh yourself, then only use the scale every 30 days.
    2. Get yourself a tape measure and measure yourself weekly!!
    3. Follow the food plan as closely as possible.
    4. Make sure you get enough calories. They aren't lying when they give you the caloric requirements *as long as your following the food plan* . If you're eating all the good stuff you're supposed to, you're good!
    5. Get a HRM with chest strap if you can
    6. The people doing the exercises are intimidating how in shape they are. Don't pay attention to them. Pay attention to YOUR form, YOUR reps, and YOUR limits. I turn sideways away from the TV so I don't watch Tanya. UGH.
    7. HYDRATE yourself during the workout! And drink a *small* chocolate milk within 20 minutes of working out
    8. You will be sore. Advil was my friend until I got used to it and it took the 1st month to get used to it!
    9. As Shaun T says, take 10 breaks and go at your own speed, but don't sacrifice your form. Did I mention form was important? LOL

My results so far is 15 lbs gone, but I'm down 2 jeans sizes, 3.5" in hips, 2.5 in thighs, 4.5 in waist. Which means I'm at the measurements when I weighed 156 lbs, but now I weigh 193. Also, my cellulite - GONE. My hair, skin are all shiny and healthy, and I have so much more energy! Feel free to add me. I'll be starting round 2 in a week!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 days away from finishing and it's changed my life! My advice:

1. THROW AWAY YOUR SCALE: 5 lbs of muscle is smaller, takes up less space than 5 lbs of fat. If you have to weigh yourself, then only use the scale every 30 days.
    2. Get yourself a tape measure and measure yourself weekly!!
    3. Follow the food plan as closely as possible.
    4. Make sure you get enough calories. They aren't lying when they give you the caloric requirements *as long as your following the food plan* . If you're eating all the good stuff you're supposed to, you're good!
    5. Get a HRM with chest strap if you can
    6. The people doing the exercises are intimidating how in shape they are. Don't pay attention to them. Pay attention to YOUR form, YOUR reps, and YOUR limits. I turn sideways away from the TV so I don't watch Tanya. UGH.
    7. HYDRATE yourself during the workout! And drink a *small* chocolate milk within 20 minutes of working out
    8. You will be sore. Advil was my friend until I got used to it and it took the 1st month to get used to it!
    9. As Shaun T says, take 10 breaks and go at your own speed, but don't sacrifice your form. Did I mention form was important? LOL

My results so far is 15 lbs gone, but I'm down 2 jeans sizes, 3.5" in hips, 2.5 in thighs, 4.5 in waist. Which means I'm at the measurements when I weighed 156 lbs, but now I weigh 193. Also, my cellulite - GONE. My hair, skin are all shiny and healthy, and I have so much more energy! Feel free to add me. I'll be starting round 2 in a week!

Did you lose 15 pounds in a month or two months? You said you're 4 days from finishing - and then said your starting round 2 in a week....EXCELLENT results!! I'm excited to see how this works out for me!! I did the fit test yesterday, and the official day 1 today, and it's a KILLER - I can see how there will be some change!!