Then and now (hopefully with pics!) - Size 20 to Size 6!!!

Options

Replies

• gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    How long did it take? what was you SW and CW? You look amazing. I know you are proud, cause I am.
    Viki
  • jenay26
    jenay26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • BlairLove
    BlairLove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Thanks for sharing your before and after pics.
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Did you really lose all that weight since June of last year? I started out in May of last year and at the same size. I wish I was a size 6 now!

Nope - It's taken me a year to get from 222 to 137 lbs. I didn't log calories at the start though (I've only been doing that since the end of May/beginning of June). :smile:
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How long did it take? what was you SW and CW? You look amazing. I know you are proud, cause I am.
    Viki

Thanks :smile: It's been a year now since I started working out. A year ago I weighed 222 lbs (but I hit a high of 252 lbs prior to that). This morning I weighed 136.8 lbs :happy:
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This is so motivational for me. I'm 38 and let myself gain 30 pds after having wrist surgery. I need post like this to show me that its never to late to get back in good health.

You look great!!!
  • CharT5188
    CharT5188 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! How long did it take you? Do you have any advice to offer someone else?

It's been almost exactly a year since I started working out with my trainer and I've been logging on MFP since the end of May 2012. I'm 5'6" and my highest weight was 252 lbs (but, when I started working out a year ago, I was 222 lbs). As of this morning, I weigh 136.8 lbs (my goal was 145 but I lost a little after that. I've been pretty steady between 137 and 140 for a couple of months now).

I wish I had brilliant advice for people but I honestly find a lot of this to be very trial and error. When I started, MFP allotted me 1740 calories/day to drop a pound a week. I work out a lot and often netted quite a bit less than that (probably in the 1300-1400 range). I lost quickly in the start and, as I neared my goal, that slowed down. By the end I think I was down to 1540 calories/day to lose 0.5 lb/week (I didn't want to drop below that). When I switched into maintenance back in November, I actually dropped 2-3 lbs pretty quickly and then lost a bit more very slowly. I couldn't tell you why, but it was a nice surprise lol.

Now I try not to be a slave to my scale (though I'm not always successful at avoiding it). Instead, I've tried to turn my focus to other goals. I'm running an 8K (5mi) race on my birthday in April, I'm doing two mud runs this summer, and I'm running a half marathon at the end of May (which I still can't believe!). I also continue to work with my trainer twice a week.

I think if I could suggest anything, it's not to give up in those weeks where the scale doesn't seem to move (or, if it does, it's in the wrong direction). I started out with a weight goal but this process has been so much more than that. I have a life again. I can participate fully with my very active husband and children and I feel amazing. That, to me, is so much more important than anything a scale could give me :smile:

Absolutely incredible. I hope that in a year I can write a similar story (or longer if it takes it). You are an inspiration!!!
  • nmn2
    nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! What an inspiration! I hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and you are truly an inspiration to us all! I am trying to do the same as you. Lose more and be more active with my family! Can I ask what type of workouts you did with your trainer. I can't really afford one right now, but do have a membership to the Y and would love to jump start my workouts more!

Have any recipes or meals you'd like to share?

Congrats!

Melissa
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats
  • BLooM817
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look Fantastic lady! Congrats! :-)
  • Pernimac
    Options
    Of course you look amazing! Who needs to tell you that? lol Great job! :-)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! I am a size 20 right now and will be a size 6 one day too I hope.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! :happy:
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome! It is so easy to forget about "you" especially the more children you have! ( i have four) So glad you shared this today!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! You look amazing!!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is alot of an accomplishment in a year. Well done because that took persistance. Just wondering if it is all feeling real to you yet?? What has been the mental challanges??. I've lost 55 ish pounds but still havent adjusted to it. I always think people are over reacting when they bring it up. Some days cloths just confuse me.
    How did you find the adjustment?
  • carolin8282
    carolin8282 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, how exciting! You look fabulous!
  • bobshoney
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!