Advice for in the bedroom

So I am in the market for a new bed. I have a 7 year old mid-range innerspring mattress, and my fat years put quite the indentation in it.

I am going pretty darn hard in my workouts nowadays and want improved sleep quality to aid in recovery.

Any one love their bed, if so why?

I am currently leaning towards a Tempur-Pedic with coolmax, any experiences with this?

Think this was going to be a more interesting topic, so now you want to derail with innuendo or random gifs? That's cool to

Replies

• Wrong forum, I intended to post in chit chat :( I fail
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Love my Tempur-Pedic Cloud.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Buy a memory foam topper ... best thing ever! my boyfriend has one and its literally the most comfortable thing!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I have 2 Tempur-Pedics. I don't know anything about the coolmax option. My boyfriend had an older Tempur-cloud and I got sick of my mattress, so I bought a lower end Tempur-Cloud (still cost me about $1800) last year. I knew the boyfriend was moving in within months, but I was tired of poor sleep quality and waking up with aching hips or shoulders from pressure points. My son now sleeps on the queen size, and we have the boyfriend's king in our room. Once my son moves out, the queen size will be a guest bed. I love both our Tempur-Pedics and I don't think I'll ever be converted away from them.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Im in love with my sleep number. Madly in love in fact.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Nah, this is in the right place. Motivation and SUPPORT, :laugh:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    I have a king sized Malm from IKEA. Super low profile, maybe 6 inches off the ground tops with the matress flush with the frame. It's great. Sleeps two full sized women and 3 midgets.
  • We have the Tempurpedic classic. We couldn't spend too much money but my husband has really bad back issues (was honorably discharged from the Navy due to it). So we decided to invest the money. Almost 6 years later we still love it.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    I love my Tempur-Pedic! It's already about 4 years old and it's just as perfect as the day it arrived. Well, actually about two days after it arrived. We got it in December and it was frozen solid. Not too comfy. Once it thawed, tho... yeah, best sleep ever.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Full memory foam super king! Both me and the hubby can star fish! Love it!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Wrong forum, I intended to post in chit chat :( I fail

LOL

You need a new mattress!!

I love my memory foam topper. I've slept on a full memory foam mattress before and I felt like I was sinking all night. But the topper is just enough to feel the soft, but not enough that I'm being swallowed by synthetic material.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Google "sex and tempur-pedic". This is why I went with a different brand :laugh:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    I would suggest memory foam style matresses

My mom has the 'Slate' I think it is a tempur-pedic and it's amazing! I like having a stiff bed so certainly my cup of tea though they do have a huge variety of soft and hard matresses.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I was so hoping this conversation was going to go in a different direction.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    We are old skool and have a soft-sided waterbed. It's legit.
  • Google "sex and tempur-pedic". This is why I went with a different brand :laugh:

haha yeah I saw in some of the reviews that it "discouraged active sex" due to the fact you get stuck in a position. However, users noted improved traction, which I have never even considered as a factor

Waffle making is def an important, but secondary consideration in a bed :D
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Google "sex and tempur-pedic". This is why I went with a different brand :laugh:
    LOL We've never really had an issue... Two years and much sex later, still going strong...
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    I have a king sized Malm from IKEA. Super low profile, maybe 6 inches off the ground tops with the matress flush with the frame. It's great. Sleeps two full sized women and 3 midgets.

Party at your house!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    King's Down. Fantastic matress.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    I LOVE my Sleep Number bed. At least 3 times a week when I crawl into at the end of the day I tell my husband how much I love it. Yes there is a "valley" in the middle between the 2 air chambers that you will notice if you happen to roll into the middle but even then I find that it's not uncomfortable. Don't have any sex issues with it like you do with the tempurpedic. The best part is that its adjustable so if your back is hurting you can make it harder or softer. Again I love my Sleep Number so much!! Wish I would have bought it 5 years earlier and I would buy it again in a heart beat.