Advice for in the bedroom

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I love my tempur-pedic. Best bed I've ever slept on. I sleep much better and haven't woken up with hip pain since the first night I slept on it. (I use to wake up in pain everyday).
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My bed: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Dreams-Latex-Mattress-Ultra/dp/B006FLVK3O/ref=cm_cr-mr-img

I stayed with the default level of firmness. Have had it since Oct last year. Sleep like a rock every night.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Sleep Number bed. At least 3 times a week when I crawl into at the end of the day I tell my husband how much I love it. Yes there is a "valley" in the middle between the 2 air chambers that you will notice if you happen to roll into the middle but even then I find that it's not uncomfortable. Don't have any sex issues with it like you do with the tempurpedic. The best part is that its adjustable so if your back is hurting you can make it harder or softer. Again I love my Sleep Number so much!! Wish I would have bought it 5 years earlier and I would buy it again in a heart beat.

"My sleep number is 69." Best. Pickup. Line. Ever.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Google "sex and tempur-pedic". This is why I went with a different brand :laugh:
    LOL We've never really had an issue... Two years and much sex later, still going strong...

LOL! We've never had trouble with that either.....same here, going on 2 years.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I LOVE my Sleep Number bed. At least 3 times a week when I crawl into at the end of the day I tell my husband how much I love it. Yes there is a "valley" in the middle between the 2 air chambers that you will notice if you happen to roll into the middle but even then I find that it's not uncomfortable. Don't have any sex issues with it like you do with the tempurpedic. The best part is that its adjustable so if your back is hurting you can make it harder or softer. Again I love my Sleep Number so much!! Wish I would have bought it 5 years earlier and I would buy it again in a heart beat.

"My sleep number is 69." Best. Pickup. Line. Ever.

LOL My sleep number is grey goose
  • Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bought a Serta icomfort a week ago. LOVE it. It is comparable to a Tempur-pedic. Same warranty, etc. It also has the cool gel stuff. Our mattress was 20 years old. I didn't realize what a crappy nights sleep I was getting!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    We are old skool and have a soft-sided waterbed. It's legit.

Whatever! Whatever! I do what I want!!! :laugh: Love that profile pic!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Buy a memory foam topper ... best thing ever! my boyfriend has one and its literally the most comfortable thing!

Ugh. Foam is too warm. I have a 4" feather topper. It's like sleeping on a cloud.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    King's Down. Fantastic matress.

OMG Yes... I wanted one so bad. I swear that felt like I had laid down in heaven itself!

Couldnt afford one at the time I was shoppping. Got Locksley Airsprung instead and 3 years later still love it. King's Down though, try one. I swear it's like lying down on a cloud.:love:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    We have a Sealy Comforpedic (don't remember the model name but it was in the neighborhood of $2500-3000 for a queen size). LOVE it. It's memory foam and latex combined (kinda), so you get the comfy awesome memory foam sleep, but still get the "spring" for when you need it (non-sleeping bed activities). We've had it several years and it's held up to 2 adults, nearly 200lbs of dogs, 2 cats and lots of non-sleeping (and sleeping) activity. It also doesn't get hot like the other memory foam beds we tried. Plus-no divets.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If you are considering a memory foam, I would highly suggest going to the store and lying on one.
    We thought we wanted one until we did that - and I absolutely HATED the feeling of it.

It would be best to go and try them all out so you can decide what is most comfortable for you personally. Everybody has different opinions on what a mattress should feel like and what is comfortable. I prefer a very firm mattress and get the best sleep with one.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sleep number. My husband has to sleep on a really firm mattress and I need a soft mattress. The best of both worlds!
  • caribear1984
    Options
    Another vote for sleep number. I adore it. Sometimes the "valley" in the middle causes some hiccups in the, uh, extracurricular activities department, until you learn to use it as an advantage. In any case, I will never get any other kind of mattress.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Love my temper-pedic. It is just the normal ol' boring one and I've had it for probably 6 yrs. I've never regretted spending the money on it! Well, maybe a couple times on a cool night when I thought it was a good idea to do a big belly flop on it... ugh! hehe
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    If you are considering a memory foam, I would highly suggest going to the store and lying on one.
    We thought we wanted one until we did that - and I absolutely HATED the feeling of it.

It would be best to go and try them all out so you can decide what is most comfortable for you personally. Everybody has different opinions on what a mattress should feel like and what is comfortable. I prefer a very firm mattress and get the best sleep with one.
    I agree with this. Not all "memory foam" is created equal, either. I didn't like the others I tried (to include the i-comfort). I stepped up a level from the base model of Tempur-Cloud because I didn't like those and the price wasn't significantly different.

Also, as far as the "heat" of a Tempur-Pedic mattress, we have a mattress pad that I bought when I bought my bed (went back and got another for the boyfriend's king size) and it helps keep the allergens to a minimum, and it also seems to help me not be so hot... He had a different mattress pad on it and I couldn't stand it. Early fall, that thing felt like I was sleeping on top of a pillow and it was wrapping me up and turning me into a sweaty mess. Since getting the other mattress pad, I'm much better. Tempur-Pedics do take getting used to, though, as they're not even remotely the same as inner spring mattresses.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I must disagree a little here, for many people it takes getting used to the feel of a foam mattress. And there is a 'breaking in' that happens. I am not a very 'hot' sleeper where as my ex was and about a month after we got our bed you could feel that his side was quicker to mold to your body then my side was. Mine eventually caught up, and I never had any issue with it while it was in process.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

I must disagree a little here, for many people it takes getting used to the feel of a foam mattress. And there is a 'breaking in' that happens. I am not a very 'hot' sleeper where as my ex was and about a month after we got our bed you could feel that his side was quicker to mold to your body then my side was. Mine eventually caught up, and I never had any issue with it while it was in process.
    But some of the "memory foam" out there isn't the same as the Tempur material... and to me just feels like foam. I would NEVER waste my money on something like that.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    We love our memory foam mattress. Not a Tempur-Pedic, but we went with a local company that makes them to order so we were able to swap out the denser base layers of foam with softer stuff and add 2 more inches of soft squishy foam on top. It's kind of amazing.
  • Millie2045
    Options
    I became the proud owner of a water bed in October last year & love it!
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Memory foam ones made me feel like I was sinking in water, and therefore I did not have restful sleeps.

My best bed ever was from Ikea. It's the Malm bed, but the mattress was discontinued. It still functions as our guest room bed, and everyone who has ever slept in it has raved about it.

We now have a Hemnes bed from Ikea, with a Sultana mattress. I like a firm support - Ikea does pretty well with that.