Anyone doing Jilian Michaels 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow actually, can't wait to start :).
  • fluffyfoxx
    Options
    on day 6! I still can't do all the reps... ><
  • francenefahey
    francenefahey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It really kicked my butt at first too, but it gets better everyday. Look back once a week and see what you can do that couldn't do last week and you will amaze yourself!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hang in there everyone! I just finished day 20 and it was the last day of level 2. I will start level 3 tomorrow. I liked level 2 better than level 1, probably because I have built up some endurance.

Definitely notice a huge difference in my body. It is amazing how quickly you can see results with this. Do not get discouraged if the scale doesn't move much...i have only lost 4 pounds but my size 10's were getting too tight and I am back in size 8's now. It works!

I agree with Corgi (who I think I talked to on another board previously?). I will be doing Level 2 Day 8 tomorrow and it does get easier. Don't be afraid of the next levels. They will be difficult too, but you will adjust to them. I find level 2 seems to go by quicker than level 1. Good luck everyone!
  • monicay75
    monicay75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred last Wednesday, January 30, 2013. I do it on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. It's a great workout!!
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    level 1, day 5...done.

and I ran a Learn to Run clinic this morning--feeling fit and good--but tired!! :)
  • Mariam2941
    Mariam2941 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of week 2 (level 2) and boy she kicked my butt but I love it, I feel like I have more energy to get through the day. My body feels a little tighter so I know that is working :)
  • CarolinaBeachGirl2
    Options
    I am loving the variety of JM videos but am confused as to how to exercise track them...are they aerobics, circuit training, strength or calistenics? All I know is that I am sweating and grunting no matter which video I do. Appreciate your input. Thanks
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    I am loving the variety of JM videos but am confused as to how to exercise track them...are they aerobics, circuit training, strength or calistenics? All I know is that I am sweating and grunting no matter which video I do. Appreciate your input. Thanks

I think a lot of people log it under calisthenics. I used to do it that way until I got my HRM and then I created my own exercise and put in the information from it.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    I lost 6.1 inches after only 10 days of level 1.
    I only lost about 2 lbs, but that made sense since I feel like I put on some muscle!
    I decided to take a break before level 2 though, because that high impact really hurt my knees! I'm looking forward to finishing it, though! :)

Good luck!
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS 5 days on and 2 days off (weekends) because I am way to busy but also because I have some knee and back issues so I need the time off otherwise I can barely move!

I found day 1 really easy for some reason, but from then until day 5 it got harder and harder and by day 7 I felt my body starting to get stronger and less discomfort after the workout.

I have altered the workout slightly to suit me, I don't do that weird ab lift thing on your back with your legs in the air because it totally destroyed my lower back and tail bone so I just do more sit ups or bicycle crunches. I don't struggle to bad with most of the jumping jacks or cardio in general, there is just one section where you alternate jumping jacks and those jump rope things and my legs start to turn to jelly so so so bad and my calves feel like lead!

I can't wait to get to level 2! I am almost there! I have had a sneaky peak at it and I do think it looks better then level 1. I want to feel energetic and fit enough to do all of level 1 without a hitch first though so I won't move on and may do a few extra days of level 1 before moving on. Its my workout after all! I think it's good to personalize it a little if you want as long as your still sweating buckets and out of breath by the end :P
  • renturne
    Options
    Bought 30DS but haven't started it yet. Probably because it's in the mail as we speak. :smile:
  • pinkpip
    pinkpip Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    how does this dvd workout work? d'you have to done the same rountine for 30 days or is it different time and how often do you have to do it? :)
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will do day 8 of level 2 this afternoon. I did weight and measurements at the halfway point a couple days ago and had lost 5.8 pounds and 8.5 inches overall since starting 30DS on Jan 13. I also do additional cardio 45-60 minutes/day 4 days/week. Days 1-3 of level 1 and day 2 of level 2 were difficult and I was really sore, but it definitely gets easier with each session as you gain strength and endurance. I have issues with both knees and I find the jumping jacks and some of the squat moves exacerbate them, so I've modified the movements to be less stressful on my knee joints and so far that seems to be doing the trick. I previewed level 3 last night...looks like I'm in for some more soreness in another couple days. Oh, and my abs feel so much tighter and toned, though I can't visibly see a difference there--too much "overlay"--and my arms are getting visibly toned and sculpted!!
  • ajnolan3
    Options
    Lvl 1 day 6 done! Definitely feeling my endurance getting better and my muscles arent as sore. No big physical changes yet
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Two more days of level 2 to go. I think I will weigh after that, but take pics and measurements after I complete level 3.
  • ajnolan3
    Options
    Level 1 day 7 done. Is it normal that my body isn't really that sore anymore and I'm not sweating as much during thr workout? Or should I move to level 2?
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 2 and omg my thighs are killing me!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    One more day of level 2.........yay
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    how does this dvd workout work? d'you have to done the same rountine for 30 days or is it different time and how often do you have to do it? :)

Hi,
    It's 3 levels of 10 days each. Some people do it 30 days without rest, others take a day break when they feel like it. Some move on sooner than others. You kind of have to play it by ear and see how you feel. If you google it u should find lots of info and I think people have mentioned it is on youtube.