Replies

• crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I add lemon juice to mine.
  • OhioUmom
    OhioUmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add a packet of Crystal Light to my water for a little flavor. Only 5 calories and tastes great!
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Using a straw usually helps you drink more :)

Honestly you may just have to power through for a while. I MADE myself drink enough water for 4 days or so... nothing but water, and as much as I could drink and feel hydrated. Now, I prefer water and I drink enough on my own :) I just start to feel when I'm getting dehydrated.
  • jgirlredzz
    Options
    Okay, so along with the straw idea. I found that I would drink a whole lot more water when I drank from a water bottle that had a straw type opening (so you tilt your head down to take a sip, not up).

The reason this works is because when you tilt your head back, your throat closes. When you tilt forward, it opens up. There's a company called "Nathan" that makes non-pbha bottles with a straw-type sip valve.

I found that I could feel the good feeling of my body receiving the water when I drank deeply from the straw, much better than when I had to tilt my head back to take a drink--that felt like work.
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try, Lemon, oranges in your water. That helps. I have to drink PH 7 water -no flavoring. I just drink on it all day long-always-have water with me at my computer, end tables, and in the car.
  • nik2710
    nik2710 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your ideas and support. I have felt very encouraged knowing I have got support through my journey. I have actually drank 2 glasses up till now. That is a start!! So thanks again. :)