So…How Do You Kill Your Extra Calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Earlyrisermama63
    Options
    Great Question! And I really enjoyed reading everyone's replies and great ideas... Hoping it helps in my weight loss journey.. Thank you Everyone! :smile:
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few people that peanut butter and an apple are the way to go. You don't have to eat your work out calories they are bonus if you are really hungry. You might want to up your lightest meal.

:smile:

That's what I eat (apple with peanut butter) or I have peanut butter on an unsalted brown rice cake.
  • Chula1962
    Options
    I like your way of thinking with the beer !
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Not the healthies but I love having extra cals for wine, chunks of cheese, ice cream or toast
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Peanuts! Or an apple sliced up with peanut butter on it. Greek yogurt. A protein powder shake. A Carnation Instant Breakfast drink. A glass of vitamin rich no sugar added juice.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    frozen yougurt :)
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    exactly what I do! sometimes just a scoop of protein with some 0 fat greek yoghurt
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have a iced double moch and 2 chocolate croissants. then add in some old cheddar cheese and about 20 wheat thins crackers if I still need to eat up some more.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Psycho-41.jpg
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    A few tablespoons of peanut butter will help close the gap.

I kind of do this too, because my fat calories are usually wanting by the end of the day and before bed is a good time for nuts and seeds (magnesum). I have sunflower seed butter instead because peanuts mess with my stomach. But nut butters, yes!
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I find myself with this problem most days, so I've started making a snack of almonds and/or walnuts and blueberries. It's great for the sweet crunchy snack!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Eat what you want for dinner and if your body needs the extra cals, you'll wake up starving and make up for it in the morning with a healthy breakfast. :)
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Subscribing.
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana...yuuummm :)
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I soooooo wish I had this problem!
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    If I have lots of left over calories I'll grab a serving of roasted unsalted macademia nuts, 30g, and a square or two of dark chocolate. I'll melt the chocolate for a minute in the microwave and then roll the macademia nuts in it, I'll put in the fridge while I drink a glass of water, and then eat them.

It's a little messy, but it's decadent! Probably less messy if put them on wax paper to harden... but I just leave in the bowl, and deal with the consequences.

It's about 300-325ish calories, depending on how much and what kind of dark chocolate you use.
  • ldworkout
    Options
    (meant to edit my original post. Sorry, this site won't let me delete this.) ...So, um, hi everyone :)
  • miinas
    Options
    I plan out my day, which helps with dinner and figuring out how many calories to consume. Exercise burn is typically in a range. If I have extra, I know it earlier in the day.

I have sliced apples with Trader Joe's jerky (usually turkey jerky) as a staple snack.

My absolute favorite is my protein yogurt - Fage - Total 0% All Natural-Nonfat Greek Strained Yogurt Plain (less than 1 serving), Allmax - Isoflex - Whey Protein Isolate - Chocolate With Real Chocolate Chips (also less than 1 serving), Just Great Stuff - Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, 1 TBSP. Great flavor with the chocolate and the peanut butter. Great without the peanut butter powder as well. This is a very satisfying and yummy snack and high in calories. It is super filling too. If you need a snack during the day between meals, this is excellent.

After dinner, if I still have a lot of calories left and I am full, why stuff myself to get to a number. Better planning throughout the day helps even it out at the end of the day. Typically I eat most of my extra calories every day. Because I exercise daily, not eating enough would make me feel hungry and the weight loss is not as effective. Think high in protein for snacks. And splurge every once in a while. In a moment I am having a treat - Almond Roca Cream (wine). Knowing what kind of exercise you are doing, how many calories you typically burn and meal planning are essential.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK!!!!!

What amazing ideas!!!

Thank you all bunches. :bigsmile:

It doesn't happen often (not near enough), but it's nice to have some other ideas.

You MFPeeps are the best! :heart:
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't typically have this issue, but hoping to have more of a surplus as I start to exercise more. If you aren't hungry today don't worry about it, I would hold on to them and have a treat this weekend. Have a nicer dinner or dessert or whatever you would consider a splurge.