Food Logging The day of or the day before

Options
13»

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I usually pack my lunch at the same time I make breakfast, so I generally log both of those at the same time. Otherwise, I log as I go.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I log for the day in the morning and then I add through out the day or make adjusments
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I never log the day before, but sometimes I pre-log the rest of my day so I get an idea of what and when I'll be eating. Of course, I can only make estimations as far as portions, so I have to go back in after I've prepared the food and log its actual amount.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I log as I go.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like to plan dinners in advance, so I log ahead of time. Luckily diaries can be changed without any penalties, because I am a good one for changing my mind. In the mornings, I log breakfast and lunch at the same time.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. However, if I have an actual plan for dinner, I will enter the dinner early in the day as a way to reserve the calories for that dinner, and not go (too much) over my net calorie goal. If I don't do it that way, I often find I don't really have enough calories left to have a full serving of dinner. Especially if dinner is out at a restaurant.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I log as I go, since its fresh in my mind :)
  • princess3479
    princess3479 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i used to log in everything as i eat it but now i log what i am going to eat a day ahead.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I either pre-log so I can know how many calories something is before I eat it, but if I already know the calorie amount, I will add it right after I get done eating, as far as tracking water, I always track it after I've finished 16oz.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Today I pre-logged my meals, I want to see if that makes a difference. I did not pre log my snacks... but I have a ton of wiggle room right now.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I prelog after breakfast. I almost always pack my lunch so I already know what I'm going to have, this keeps me on track so I don't eat something without logging it. Also if I see my calories dwindling away and it's only 8am I am more mindful of the food decisions I make. Also it feels awesome when you overestimate what you eat and can delete it!
  • dianebpotter
    Options
    I log after I have eaten, sometimes if I am not sure if something is going to fit in the calorie budget I put them in before I eat it so I know. I am really proud when we go out to eat and I log that and still have calories left over, so getting better at this. I think logging right after you eat something keeps me from forgetting some little something for the most part .
  • camo362
    Options
    I log as I go so that I do not "forget" that extra handful of nuts or whatever. It sounds severe - but, at least with me, I do not want to loose focus at all because I have so far still to go that I need progress. I do not want to give up this time!!!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how people can stand prelogging. I get those who prefer regimen, but boring to me. I eat what I am feeling that day. Otherwise, it would just seem like a chore.
  • fitnwhole
    Options
    Personally I love when I log the day before because I pretty much have a framework. If I want something different I just edit that meal and try to stay within the allotted calories for that meal. Now I don't do it everyday but when I do my entire day is not consumed with thoughts of food and calories because I did the work the night before.
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    I try to log everything the morning of that day. It lets me know where I stand on calories for the day :)
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i do best when i prelog at least my dinners.. for breakfast and lunch i kinda log as i go, but since i know what ill be eating for dinner its not a big deal if i eat to much at breakfast i just know i need to have a smaller lunch to stay within calories

As above. But if I go over or fancy a drink I make a point of trying to do extra at gym to compensate.

Yes I do get to 350 cal burn and start thinking which bottle of red to open .:drinker:
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options

As above. But if I go over or fancy a drink I make a point of trying to do extra at gym to compensate.

Yes I do get to 350 cal burn and start thinking which bottle of red to open .:drinker:

Agh- I miss wine!!! lol.:ohwell:
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. Sometimes I log as I'm making my lunch in the mornings. Although if I know I am going out for lunch or dinner I try to look at the menu before hand so I can pre-log a meal that will fit in my daily goals. And then there are some cheat days when I don't even bother to log calories at all- I think you need those days too! (even tho there will be some MFP's that have just fallen off their chair reading that! lol)
  • jjvolner
    Options
    I actually do both. My evening meal is generally pre logged once I know what I am making/having that way I can judge my earlier meals and snacks. When I go out to eat I have MFP on my phone and I check what I am eating before I order it so I know what my caloric intake options are.